Israel/Palestine Shenanigans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Saw a report on BBC last night where the reporter was speaking to lots of civilians in various places in Gaza. All declared their support for Hamas on camera. This is why there will never be peace here. You have a terrorist organisation with support from the people of Gaza that attacks Israel, then you have Israel massive over reacting and ending up with lots of dead civilians in Gaza, which then caused more people to support Hamas. The circle continues.

Soldato
Saw a report on BBC last night where the reporter was speaking to lots of civilians in various places in Gaza. All declared their support for Hamas on camera. This is why there will never be peace here. You have a terrorist organisation with support from the people of Gaza that attacks Israel, then you have Israel massive over reacting and ending up with lots of dead civilians in Gaza, which then caused more people to support Hamas. The circle continues.

Have to say I'm amazed at Hamas, killed 67 and only 3 of them civilians.
not only that but they are fighting from within an Israeli prison and Israel cannot beat them even with the worlds most advanced weapons.

Suspended
More a arrest / detention than a hostage.

he was a soldier it's not kidnapping, countries do it during war all the time
Why would they want to be seen an angels lol ...they are fighters.
they have home made rockets and a handful of ak's and they are taking on a super power.
Guerrilla warfare is a form of irregular warfare in which a small group of combatants such as armed civilians or irregulars use military tactics including ambushes, sabotage, raids, petty warfare, hit-and-run tactics, and mobility to fight a larger and less-mobile traditional military.

someone wants to arm them identical to israel so they can stop using guerilla warfare tactics?

I am not surprised you hold Israel and Palestine to different standards though.
his wiki page is awesome.

firstly a journalist secondly an MIA soldier.... lol right

israel certainly had a lot of hostages to trade for him,l they must like rounding up innocent people like the nazi party did

Last edited:
Soldato
Why would they want to be seen an angels lol ...they are fighters.
they have home made rockets and a handful of ak's and they are taking on a super power.

Super power? For the region maybe. Lets not lose sight of the fact that this is a terrorist organisation. Now we can have the usual arguments about your terrorist is my freedom fighter, or what else can they do yadda yadda - but the essential criteria of a terrorist organisation is that it deliberately targets civilians. Hamas meet that criteria.

Also it might shock you that they have slightly more weaponry than a couple of rusting AKs and re-purposed fireworks, such as .50 calibre sniper rifles and Iranian supplied military rockets.

Thats not to say Israel are angels here either, but trying to paint Hamas as the little fella with a couple of rocks, rather than an organisation with a long history of civilian attacks and attempts to derail peace talks between Israel and Fatah, well thats a bit much.

Caporegime
Hamas put their civilians at huge risk by firing rockets into another country from densely populated areas. Simple as that.

They know full well that firing a rocket will produce a reaction from Israel and they know full well that more civilian deaths caused by Israeli strikes will only work in their favour.

They are essentially using the lives of Gaza civilians as political weapons and I can't see how anyone can even start to take the side of these monsters.

Last edited:
Suspended
Hamas put their civilians at huge risk by firing rockets into another country from densely populated areas. Simple as that.

technically they are firing into their own country that was stolen from them.
israel are putting their civilians at risk by building illegal settlements on another countries land, there's a reason we didn't build housing estates on the front lines of wars
israel puts them there so it's almost impossible for Palestine to ever gets it land back, didn't stop an eu vote 14 in favour 1 against them being declared illegal by law and wanting them removed.

hamas aren't the ones killing thousands of civilians.

notice almost all the Israeli deaths are soldiers? apart from a couple...

now look at the gaza deaths 80% civilians, mostly women and children FACT!

More than 1,880 Palestinians and 64 Israeli soldiers have lost their lives since the conflict began. Two Israeli civilians and a Thai labourer working in Israel have also died
Who's targeting who ? statistics don't lie headlines do

64 soldiers and only 3 civilians.

that's a better ratio than any nation has ever achieved at war

Last edited:
Soldato

They know full well that firing a rocket will produce a reaction from Israel and they know full well that more civilian deaths caused by Israeli strikes will only work in their favour.

They are essentially using the lives of Gaza civilians as political weapons and I can't see how anyone can even start to take the side of these monsters.

Got to love those statements is all Hamas fault! Do you have amnesia ? have they forgotten that they are occupied for century's and Gaza blockaded for over seven years? also the fact that they did not start this war?
Dammed if you do dammed if you don't, it seems that some people just want them to lay down arms and get slaughtered or forced them out of their land.

Last edited:
Caporegime
technically they are firing into their own country that was stolen from them.

and that makes it ok?

hamas aren't the ones killing thousands of civilians.

Indirectly they are and they know it AND want it as every civilian killed by Israel is another political win for them. I will be clear, I am not excusing Israel for their part in this and I strongly believe both sides are as bad as each other, but you cannot excuse what Hamas does.

Who's targeting who ? statistics don't lie headlines do

64 soldiers and only 3 civilians.

that's a better ratio than any nation has ever achieved at war

As has been mentioned, Israel has a hugely more capable force both in terms of offence and defence. That is the only reason there are more Palestinian deaths.

Caporegime
This.

This may well mean their death but if they are so keen to be martyred what do they care? They clearly have no care for their own people, they have one goal which is killing Jews.

Egypt/Jordan can manage along with them which proves Muslims and Jews can co-exist in close proximity and be civil/work together. What is the differing factor in Israeli/Palestinian conflict? Hamas. If they were wiped out things would improve tomorrow. It would be a process but there would be a way to work things by eliminating the one side in the conflict who want the total destruction of the other.

Bull****. How much of the territory Israel claims for itself was part of either Jordan or Egypt?

What have Hamas done in the last two years before this current conflict? That theory only works of you ignore the fact Israel were the only side that broke the 2012 ceasefire agreement.

Hamas hadn't fired a rocket at Israel between the 2012 ceasefire and the Israeli attack on Gaza last month. They had (successfully) set up anti rocket patrols in Gaza to stop other factions firing rockets at Israel, reducing the number of rockets fired significantly. They were joining forces with Fatah to potentially bring back full democracy to Gaza after the Hamas takeover in 2007. Israel on the other hand had withdrawn from Gaza as the 2012 ceasefire mandated but had done nothing more.

This current war is just a taste of what would happen if defensive forces of Gaza put down their weapons.

Caporegime
Got to love those statements is hamas fault! Do you have amnesia ? have they forgotten that they are occupied for century's and that they did not start this war?
Dammed if you do dammed if you don't it seems that some people just want them to lay down arms and get slaughtered or forced out of their land.

Do you honestly believe that if they laid down their arms and called a truce that Israel would just slaughter everyone in Gaza. I mean really? :confused:

Suspended
and that makes it ok?

Indirectly they are and they know it AND want it as every civilian killed by Israel is another political win for them. I will be clear, I am not excusing Israel for their part in this and I strongly believe both sides are as bad as each other, but you cannot excuse what Hamas does.

As has been mentioned, Israel has a hugely more capable force both in terms of offence and defence. That is the only reason there are more Palestinian deaths.

you can't excuse hamas defending the last slither of land they have left after having a whole country taken from them?

those evil native indians should have just committed suicide as well :rolleyes:

if israel stuck to it's international borders then they would they wouldn't be at war, it's their own doing they are the aggressor.

the Palestinians happily let israel take some of it's land at the start of all this but israel wanted it all

Soldato
Do you honestly believe that if they laid down their arms and called a truce that Israel would just slaughter everyone in Gaza. I mean really? :confused:

Mhh well look at west bank for example they are not firing rockets what is happing their? people getting their homes bulldozed all the time and forced to leave, their farms uprooted without compensation not to mention they are treated like second class citizens. When settlers attack the Palestinians they are often protected by the army, hell look at the Palestine map tell me where the hell has the country disappeared to?

Last edited:
Caporegime
you can't excuse hamas defending the last slither of land they have left after having a whole country taken from them?

those evil native indians should have just committed suicide as well :rolleyes:

Who has to commit suicide? Why would they all die?

People seem to think that the moment Hamas say "ok we lay down our arms and we want a truce" that Israel would just go in and slaughter everyone : /

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom