Israel/Palestine Shenanigans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
And your point is?

Claiming you are better than someone else, even though you also killed someone is not going to get you off a prison sentence.

I'm hoping that will be tested again in the ICC shortly when/if Palestine do sign up.
My point is that people need to stop blaming one side and acting as if only one side is wrong

Associate
if israel could nuke gaza without anyone ever knowing would they?

we can all put forth hypothetical scenarios to try and prove some crazy point but the facts are facts and that's all that matters.

IRA were at times firing rocket launchers inside the uk and putting bombs all over.

theres still a huge wall dividing parts of ireland we didn't just bomb it to hell

I'm sure if Northern Ireland was just Catholic and didn't hold British passports, it would have been a different story.

Caporegime
Afghanistan were not firing rockets into UK civilian areas though so that was a completely different situation.

Well you could argue they were harboring the leaders of Al Qaida, who instigated the death of several thousand westerners and about 50 Brits.

The main point of that post however was that in fighting in cities and towns we didn't drop large bombs on houses to get rid of a couple of militants, killing dozens of civilians at the same time. The same can be said about Iraq.

Soldato
The main point of that post however was that in fighting in cities and towns we didn't drop large bombs on houses to get rid of a couple of militants, killing dozens of civilians at the same time. The same can be said about Iraq.

Well, unless you extend we to mean the coalition and thus include America :p

Soldato
Neither side is capable of telling the truth so you cannot take these things at face value.

Agreed - but the biggest liar of them all has been proven over and over

http://www.stopwar.org.uk/news/isra...ers-and-terror-among-its-victims#.U-NOEfldWDs

I saw small boys baited and killed by Israeli soldiers in the Gaza refugee camp of Khan Younis. The soldiers swore at the boys in Arabic over the loudspeakers of their armored jeep. The boys, about 10 years old, then threw stones at an Israeli vehicle and the soldiers opened fire, killing some, wounding others. I was present more than once as Israeli troops drew out and shot Palestinian children in this way.

Such incidents, in the Israeli lexicon, become children caught in crossfire.

I was in Gaza when F-16 attack jets dropped 1,000-pound iron fragmentation bombs on overcrowded hovels in Gaza City. I saw the corpses of the victims, including children. This became a surgical strike on a bomb-making factory.

I have watched Israel demolish homes and entire apartment blocks to create wide buffer zones between the Palestinians and the Israeli troops that ring Gaza. I have interviewed the destitute and homeless families, some camped out in crude shelters erected in the rubble. The destruction becomes the demolition of the homes of terrorists.

TJM

TJM

Associate
A) The IDF always lies and propaganda is another front in its wars. How convenient that this document, which Israel believes justifies not only its general approach but the much criticised demolition of a large neighbourhood, has turned up. Meanwhile, Israel's swarms of drones are yet to record a rocket launch from the site of one of its massacres.

B) If it is genuine, which it may be since civilian deaths are undeniably useful to resistance movements, Hamas using human shields does not justify killing huge numbers of civilians or bombing schools after someone fires a rocket from a nearby location and immediately leaves. This is something that Israel's supporters can't seem to grasp - Palestinians do not forfeit their right to life by being near a rocket launch, whether Hamas intended to use them as a shield or not.

Soldato
Not many of the anti-Israel people commenting now Israel has proof that Hamas is using people as human shields with the goal of them dying.

http://nypost.com/2014/08/05/hamas-manual-details-civilian-death-plan-israel/

Even if true who cares, Israel has killed like 5000% more.
Oh wait....actual lives of palestinians dont matter to you, you are just trying to convince people the israelis arent as bad as Hamas.

Says a lot when youre having trouble convincing people that the people youre defending arent as bad as the terrorists.

Caporegime
While the pointless and endless bickering about Israel/Palestine continues, 40,000 Iraqi Christians are slowly dying of dehydration and hunger up a mountain after Islamic State took over the city in which they lived. Israel/Palestine is a problem that the West didn't create and can't solve, Islamic State is a mess we created and we have a duty to try and solve it.

Soldato
While the pointless and endless bickering about Israel/Palestine continues, 40,000 Iraqi Christians are slowly dying of dehydration and hunger up a mountain after Islamic State took over the city in which they lived. Israel/Palestine is a problem that the West didn't create and can't solve, Islamic State is a mess we created and we have a duty to try and solve it.

Go and post in that thread then.

Soldato
Not many of the anti-Israel people commenting now Israel has proof that Hamas is using people as human shields with the goal of them dying.

http://nypost.com/2014/08/05/hamas-manual-details-civilian-death-plan-israel/
But there is also evidence of Israel using Palestinian civilians as human shields in this conflict. This is even worse than the Palestinians using there own people as shields (if it is the case).

You also seem to be implying that if a faction places military equipment near a school that gives the opposing faction the green light to bombard the entire area.

It doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom