Israel/Palestine Shenanigans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I for one see the difference between horrible contractual damage leading to the death of civilians and purposely targeting civilians with rockets or a suicide bomb on a bus. The intent makes a massive difference in my eyes.

and what makes you so sure Israel's intent isn't to kill Palestinian civilians? because their PR guys say so? with the precision arms they have available to them they shouldn't be hitting schools etc. Civilian casualties should be a fraction of what it is.

Soldato
and what makes you so sure Israel's intent isn't to kill Palestinian civilians? because their PR guys say so? with the precision arms they have available to them they shouldn't be hitting schools etc. Civilian casualties should be a fraction of what it is.

It would then be counter productive to warn people in a building it was going to be targeted if there aim was to purposely kill the Palestine people

If Israel wanted to wipe out Palestine people in a genocide they easily could with a nuke or two which they have Palestine. Can you honestly say Hamas wouldn't go do the same if they had a similar level of arms to Israel when they activity target civilians and don't recognise the state or its people.

I agree with what most people are saying about the IDF overrating but I'm pretty sure people would want some some sort of response to the rocket attacks. I for one would want some sort of reaction of rocket where being fired over the channel from France into British citys.

Soldato
But the Israelis are more at home in the States than the middle east which is where the Palestinian want to be and should be. :)

Besides it was more of a flippant comment than a serious suggestion. However I think it is genius.

Never seen that before and as you say it is genius in thinking out of the box solutions.

Whilst I would love to see this happen, don't forget Israel has a open door policy to fellow Jews so they would need to encroach or re-draw boarders every few years so Kansas or Missouri would be getting smaller over time.

Downside is Israel was land given to them by god but someone has lost the contract and can only refer to a book written by man :rolleyes:

Soldato
It would then be counter productive to warn people in a building it was going to be targeted if there aim was to purposely kill the Palestine people

If Israel wanted to wipe out Palestine people in a genocide they easily could with a nuke or two which they have Palestine. Can you honestly say Hamas wouldn't go do the same if they had a similar level of arms to Israel when they activity target civilians and don't recognise the state or its people.

I agree with what most people are saying about the IDF overrating but I'm pretty sure people would want some some sort of response to the rocket attacks. I for one would want some sort of reaction of rocket where being fired over the channel from France into British citys.

Alternatively, they're warning people that they know will never move in an attempt to give justification for their war when these people don't move.

Associate
I know this will be pretty inflammatory to many people but I found it amusing - whilst I know (and my opinions are very clear on this situation) this shouldn't be trivialised I think this would work really well! ;)

Whilst the above is not a real solution, before the Balfour Declaration they proposed Uganda as a home for Zionists... which of course is bonkers - but the above could actually be workable if we think outside of the box.... It'll never happen of course.

Back onto more serious points, for every person they kill, every house they destroy (they being Israel), every man they imprison, 10 Jihadists are created.

I wonder now that Assad is soon to become our friend again if they shouldn't send the Turkish army in to calm things down in the whole region?

Or the Palestinians could just settle in one of the many Islamic countries in the area.

Soldato
OP
Or the Palestinians could just settle in one of the many Islamic countries in the area.

Why should they!

They were there first before the UN created what is currently Israel.

That logic sounds like a bad divorce!

Man owns a house before he gets married to his new partner. They end up getting divorced after a number of years but the woman is awarded the house in the divorce and the man is forced to leave his home that he owned before they were ever together!

**** Israel :mad:

Soldato
Alternatively, they're warning people that they know will never move in an attempt to give justification for their war when these people don't move.

I don't see how you can get any justification for that reason, you seem to be cluching at straws alittle. Seem odd to have such a convoluted plan when if they wanted to wipe out a people and commit genocide there much much easyers ways for them to go about it. Especially as that's what your insinuating that's the IDF/Israel aim.

Also you have made no comment on Hamas and there rockets targeting civilians, or the many suicide bombs from the past which where. Things aimed the at Civilians/Israeli people rather than targeting the IDF or the Israeli government.

Associate
Anybody know the total killed over the last, say, 50 years? You killed one of ours so we will killed 2 of yours.
Surely somebody is keeping a score somewhere?
Unfortunately the rest of the world has no real interest in this being settled so it will go on long after we and all we know are all dead.

Soldato
Not really they should get their land back.

In the interests of actually pursuing a sensible discussion, which land do you think they should get back? All of it, including the bits that were bought (splitting the jewish state into three), back to the original partition, or one of the divisions after the major wars - which would have course require either retaking the Suez or giving the Golan Heights / West Bank back?

Associate
And there is the justification ladies and gentlemen to kill women and children with hellfire missiles. Rockets fired from Gaza are hit and hope - which is very wrong. Using tanks and Apache helicopters in a city is far worse in my book.
I cannot believe that people always blame just the Palestinians. I must be obviously blind to try and see the issue from both sides.

Soldato
you mean after people tried to kill their whole race?

Which race, Jews come from all sorts of races. Not exactly moved to a place where they were welcome.

The Nazis were defeated, many have moved since then.

Why are the Palestinians paying for the crimes of Europe?

the fact is that Israel is there to stay, the Palestinians need to start looking at peaceful ways of getting along or Israel will have no choice but to keep killing them.

Things can change rapidly, 50 a 100 years is nothing. Israel is not interested in getting along, they have made that evidently clear over the last half a century of treating Palestinians like how they were treated in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom