[ITT: Charitable donations]Skywalker's daughter, Bethany

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bar

Bar

Soldato
I would imagine he is still stressed and worried about his daughter, wife and son.

We have provided a small respite and reduced one of his many worries.

Soldato
I bet Skywalker's crapping himself right now...

I'll tell you what Skywalker will be doing right now. He'll be doing what he does every other single minute of the day and that is worrying about his daughter and family. In the brief moments when this does not occupy his every thought I am sure he will be thinking how kind everyone has been here on this forum. Then he'll feel a little guilt as he's a proud man who provides well for his family, but will realise that a few quid here and there from individuals who form a kind caring community like this might make a real difference to his daughter's chances of swift diagnosis and recovery. And there'll be no crapping himself, just genuine appreciation for what's been done.

Commissario
This thread reminds me of how OcUK-ers come together to do something really great for another member and brings the community together :)

Gilly, are donations still being taken? I have not been around as much this past weekend and would like to contribute.

Associate
Finished work today and I finally managed to get through to the private clinic at kings college as there was no answer over the weekend and explained the situation and asked for a price of a private scan and it is as follows

Brain slice MRI which is like a normal MRI but twice as detailed etc so the cost is doubled

MRI at just over £800 times 2,
Rough other costs inc . anesthetist , General anaesthetic due to age , Bed and other costs

Total min £2734.02

Then it was back onto the neurologist secretary and explained to her I had got a price on a private scan as we had the money through donations and was wondering what the next step was with a massive smile on my face . It didnt last very long though :(

She explained to me If we got the private scan done it would have make no difference on the time scale of things as the secretary had spoken to the neurologist and had told her that the thing that also takes time was the meetings with the epilepsy team and mainly the TS expert and organising of everything to get this going and the main thing was the people that are involved in reading the scans are still NHS payroll and the scan would be looked at in fair placement as if it was still done on the NHS . The neurologist secretary told me he was amazed that that amount of money had been donated in such a short period of time that he would see if he could make her wait as short as possible as he to feel in love with young Bethany

I'll tell you what Skywalker will be doing right now. He'll be doing what he does every other single minute of the day and that is worrying about his daughter and family. In the brief moments when this does not occupy his every thought I am sure he will be thinking how kind everyone has been here on this forum. Then he'll feel a little guilt as he's a proud man who provides well for his family, but will realise that a few quid here and there from individuals who form a kind caring community like this might make a real difference to his daughter's chances of swift diagnosis and recovery. And there'll be no crapping himself, just genuine appreciation for what's been done.

I think the little guilty is an understatement at the moment as all this money has been raised

Soldato
Skywalker, you have my sympathy on the whole situation and until I had my nieces I couldn't fully appreciate things like this.

Fingers crossed that things get moving and it all works out.

if nothing else the money puts one less stress on your for now. Everyone knows you'll put the money where ever you need to put it for the best.:)

Man of Honour
OP
Don't worry about the money. It has been pledged in good faith and comes with no strings attached (except that you keep us up to date where possible). If it makes your life a little easier and the wait for the scans/operation for the little princess it'll be worthwhile.

As for a closing date for donations I don't see that there needs to be one, but I will speak to Skywalker about what we're going to do to pass the funds across.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom