[ITT: Charitable donations]Skywalker's daughter, Bethany

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
OP
PayPal have refused to waive fees, but have pledged some themselves.

It doesn't make up the shortfall by any means, wonder if anyone has ever had any more success.

I'm going to see if I can take some of this to local press, see if we can emotionally blackmail PayPal into doing more :p

Soldato
PayPal have refused to waive fees, but have pledged some themselves.

It doesn't make up the shortfall by any means, wonder if anyone has ever had any more success.

I'm going to see if I can take some of this to local press, see if we can emotionally blackmail PayPal into doing more :p

From what I've heard of PP, that sounds like a pretty good result :p

Soldato
Gilly;

The Argus is Skywalkers local paper. I've been looking at their site and i cant find a way to submit a story. Perhaps someone with some more time on their hands can make a go at it though. http://www.theargus.co.uk/index.php

It also has a forum:
http://forum.theargus.co.uk/

I'd suggest only one person contact the paper however, as bombarding them with different versions of the story or 100 times is probably not going to help :p

Soldato
I'd just like to echo what some of the others have said, all I can hope for is that the money makes a difference in some way - even if it just means you can worry less about taking time off work etc
icon14.gif

I agree. Do what you need to do with it.

We are all rooting for Bethany.

For me personally your story brings home how much I need to treasure my moments with my son and not to let work or other matters spoil that time with him. (Something I'm guilty of doing lately.) :(

Soldato
I haven't read the rest of this thread other than the last page.

While raising money is great, and if I hadn't just lost my job I would happily donate, do you not at least think people should at least ask Skywalkers BEFORE doing something like going to the papers??

Permabanned
What is your rolleyes for? You really think that Tesco should fund the healthcare of millions of people in the UK?

You said you earned over £200,000 net every year, why don't you pay for the whole thing?!

I didn't say either way what Tesco should or shouldn't do but at the very least as an employer they should show Skywalker's family some compassion.

Both me and my wife have made a donation.

Stop derailing the thread, there is always one isn't there. :rolleyes:

Soldato
I am not derailing the thread. There is no need for obscene suggestions like "Maybe McDonalds will pay for it, someone go and buy 100 Big Macs and see if they say yeah". There maybe is always one, and I am not that person. You are delusional if you think that Tesco should pay for this girl's surgery but not everyone else's.

Bear in mind that people have donated a considerable amount of money to pay for treatment that can't be purchased. To me, this suggests that people are more interested in making gestures than checking facts, hence the "someone should do something" statements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom