January Transfer Window 2016/17 - Rumours & Signings

Don
This sounds as if its a completely illegal approach/ tapping up - I'm not saying it hasn't happened previously, but its still clearly wrong surely?

I don't know which is worse - a selling club putting in a previous contract extension how much the players agent will get on a sale , or the way you describe it - both as bad as each other for different reasons.

Maybe it ends up being the same either way, but surely it should be up to the buying club how much they are willing to pay the agent - not the selling club (who really don't give a **** as the transfer fee will be increased by that % anyway)

It certainly takes one level of negotiations out of the deal (ie buying club with the agent fee which is already set) - not to mention the buying club going through the agent /player first rather than the players club.

Its also a very slippery slope, its one thing if the above approaches happen for a player who isn't getting minutes like Oscar or Schneiderlin for example, but what about the likes of Hazard /Greizmann or whoever else who is playing 90 every week.

I'm not sure why you seem so shocked. What I described is in reality no different to how transfers happen in Europe either, just to a lesser degree. Every club taps up players. No club is going to waste time negotiating with a club only to find the player is not interested in joining them. Selling clubs using agents/agreeing a fee with an agent is nothing new either - don't you remember when Heinze nearly joined Liverpool? Utd told his agent how much they wanted and to find another club.

The only real difference is that these Chinese clubs don't really care who they sign. Where as Liverpool or Utd will go to the agent of a particular player they want, these Chinese clubs are going to agents and asking who can you get for us and because of their desperation to sign somebody of note, these agents are inflating the fees.

Permabanned
Don't forget that China are trying to promote their league as the next big thing, these high profile signings for ridiculous prices keep them in the news worldwide, without them most people probably wouldn't know the league exists.

Soldato
How on earth Chelsea are getting £60m for Oscar is beyond me. £50m for Luiz was an utter joke but this is even more ridiculous.

Yeh I don't know how Chelsea do it. Maybe there's some sort of backhander going on from Abramovich, and he's doing it in order to make the Chelsea books look better.

Soldato
I remember him being hyped up a couple of years ago then it all went a bit dead - has he just drifted for a while? Feels very similar to Barkley in that respect.

Permabanned
He's a good player but was pretty vocal about Wolfsburg not being a good enough team for him within his first season of signing for them. He's a bit like Sissoko in showing up in big games and disappearing in some others. He'll fit right in at PSG where he can go full peacock.

Soldato
'Yay I get to play in a Micky Mouse league and get to the quarter finals of the CL every year before coming up against our first competent opposition of the season and being firmly put in our place'.

I guess they get paid a lot as well but it seems a very 'easy' option, going to PSG.

Don
For the 1000th transfer window running Lucas is reportedly close to leaving. Inter have reportedly want him on loan with a view to a permanent deal in the summer. If true and he does leave then you've got to think we'll be siging at least a CB if not a CM too.

Caporegime
We've got a poor keeper in Mignolet and signed a replacement that looks equally as poor in Karius. What we need is a keeper that's solid between the sticks so why are so many former Liverpool players (Carragher most recently), pundits and commentators suggesting Joe Hart? :confused:

Soldato
We've got a poor keeper in Mignolet and signed a replacement that looks equally as poor in Karius. What we need is a keeper that's solid between the sticks so why are so many former Liverpool players (Carragher most recently), pundits and commentators suggesting Joe Hart? :confused:

Joe Hart is probably better than either of your keepers currently - whether he would be worth what City would want to charge is another matter , not sure how long his existing contract is set to expire

Pickford might be a good shout - seems to have a lot of potential (and with a team that has every chance of being relegated, so may not be too expensive)....but maybe a bit too risky for Liverpool given he doesnt have too much experience - might be better to get a more experienced player from abroad.

Caporegime
He might be better and he was pretty reliable a few years ago but he had a shocking season last year, an atrocious Euros and was sent out on loan because he was no longer trusted. It would be like sacking Rolf Harris as your nanny and employing Jimmy Savile instead.

Soldato
He might be better and he was pretty reliable a few years ago but he had a shocking season last year, an atrocious Euros and was sent out on loan because he was no longer trusted. It would be like sacking Rolf Harris as your nanny and employing Jimmy Savile instead.

Chelsea also had an attrocious season, yet with virtually the same starting XI they (Luis and Kante the only major player changes) are top of the league - and not sure it because Pep didnt trust him or whether he wanted a different style of keeper

Its not like City's defence is even that decent this season let alone last, so its not all Hart's fault even if the buck always falls with him as the gk.

Caporegime
If Pep didn't think he suited their style of play it makes even less sense for us to be in for Hart because Klopp wants very similar attributes from our keeper.

I don't actually think we'll be in for a keeper during this window, a CB and winger if anyone, but I really can't see Hart coming to Liverpool.

Back
Top Bottom