January Transfer Window 21/22

So we're going to be down:

Greenwood
Van de Beek
Lingard
Jones
Amad

Not exactly critical first team players (Greenwood aside), but considering our squad isn't exactly well balanced to start with, we're not going to sign anyone? Really?

Seems unwise.

Edit :: Martial too!

I think when Pogba comes back he will be playing a lot more Forward.

We still have Rashford, Sancho, Cavani and Ronaldo. I think it might even be better having a smaller squad as it was impossible trying to give all the players game time before.

Rumours Henderson is going out on loan as well.

I'm fine with that. Heaton is decent enough as a backup.

Do wish we'd sign someone though... I feel like the squad needs a boost. Pogba coming back could be that boost if he decides to make an effort, doesn't really fix our weaknesses however.

We have shown an absolutely dreadful level of incompetence this window.

Unless we get last minute deals, we’ve decimated our squad for peanuts, left ourselves in a horrific striker situation and ensured we’re one injury away from a catastrophic midfield crisis. Our bench option will include nothing but kids for the rest of the season.

nothing but an unmitigated disaster. I am fuming.

I'm fine with that. Heaton is decent enough as a backup.

Do wish we'd sign someone though... I feel like the squad needs a boost. Pogba coming back could be that boost if he decides to make an effort, doesn't really fix our weaknesses however.

What type of midfielder do Utd need? A DCM so Fred can actually play how he does for Brazil?

What type of midfielder do Utd need? A DCM so Fred can actually play how he does for Brazil?
Pretty much, then give him a ‘trial’ in his Brazil role for a few months and fill his position if he’s still a liability. (I’d bank on him still being a liability)
Of course, this would all hinge on us actually getting a DCM this window, which we won’t.

After watching that Bruno unveiling video where for some reason they try to mug us off, I’m crossing every finger and sinew that Newcastle get relegated now.

I dont get that dig by him tbh. He's joining a side fighting relegation and not joining a far bigger team looking to get CL football.

Bizarre dig to make.

We need 2 types really. Someone who can play deeper and dictate the game (like a Verratti), and a defensive midfielder who can break up play.

The issue with Fred and McTominay is that they're good at running around but very average at everything else.

I dont get that dig by him tbh. He's joining a side fighting relegation and not joining a far bigger team looking to get CL football.

Bizarre dig to make.

Thought the same. Newcastle are embarrassing themselves with this stuff.

Unless we get last minute deals, we’ve decimated our squad for peanuts, left ourselves in a horrific striker situation and ensured we’re one injury away from a catastrophic midfield crisis. Our bench option will include nothing but kids for the rest of the season.

You did spend like 140 mil in the summer though to be fair.

This window? Aren’t most transfer windows eerily similar to this one every year?

Back
Top Bottom