"Just stop oil"

Permabanned
Surely they should have had time to build another few barges by now.

Just the "small boat" assisted arrivals seemingly would demand a Bibby Stockholm equivalent be built at the rate of more than one a week during decent weather. Not sure how much such a fully equipped barge would cost currently. the Bibby Stockholm was built in the mid nineteen seventies.

Caporegime
OP
So these upstanding citizens sprayed some orange powder over our biggest boi last week:

And they're currently stood outside today, surrounded by cops who are probably making them tea and serving biscuits to prevent them from posting an angry tweet. Our security is turned up to 11.

Last edited:
Soldato
I thought all the just stop oil lot were unemployed lefty types

"A senior physiotherapist and a consultant gastroenterologist"

Doesn't sound very good match for the stereotype.
Probably on strike so having a fun day out. I see the police arrested a load of them yesterday for trying to protest around parliament. So, they can screw around with the public as much as they like but try it with 'important' people and nope, arrested pal.

Caporegime
OP
Probably on strike so having a fun day out. I see the police arrested a load of them yesterday for trying to protest around parliament. So, they can screw around with the public as much as they like but try it with 'important' people and nope, arrested pal.

That's because our gov don't give a toss about its people beyond what they can extract from us.

Actually that's a good question, I'll make a new thread.

Soldato
I thought all the just stop oil lot were unemployed lefty types

"A senior physiotherapist and a consultant gastroenterologist"

Doesn't sound very good match for the stereotype.
My professional body the IMechE would probably kick me out and I'd lose my chartered status for something like that. Given that many of the professional medical bodies feel like political NGO's no such consequence should be expected.

My professional body the IMechE would probably kick me out and I'd lose my chartered status for something like that. Given that many of the professional medical bodies feel like political NGO's no such consequence should be expected.

Must admit I do not know my bylaws well enough (accountant) that I would know if private action such as this would be enough to get myself booted.
I would suspect not unless I specifically brought the body into the equation.
The last time I checked in detail was around 8 years ago when I wanted to check if I had a duty to report a fraud I knew had taken place. It boiled down to if it was from a fellow member of my body I did, but if it was one of the other accountancy bodies I didn't!

But then being the uber capitalists we are, we now embrace the green and are looking for any opportunity to "account for green" ;)

I find it a tricky one to be honest, I personally feel that unless you specifically bring your employer into it (yourself not some grimy newspaper type thing) then you should be protected from your employer. I would apply the same logic to professional bodies, unions etc.

Soldato
This lot are like an on-going comedy sketch.

Anyway, the new oil exploration wasn't about selling oil. It was about having oil independence from countries like Russia and Iran. So they can't cut us off. We are still going to be importing oil for decades.

Last edited:
Soldato
Must admit I do not know my bylaws well enough (accountant) that I would know if private action such as this would be enough to get myself booted.
I would suspect not unless I specifically brought the body into the equation.
Been a while since I read ours but they were pretty woolly (deliberately vague the cynic in me says) and potentially far reaching. Certainly if I'd quoted as being a Chartered Engineer I'd feel pretty uncomfortable. Now no one quotes people as being charted engineers but it is utterly implicit in "consultant gastroenterologist".

Been a while since I read ours but they were pretty woolly (deliberately vague the cynic in me says) and potentially far reaching. Certainly if I'd quoted as being a Chartered Engineer I'd feel pretty uncomfortable. Now no one quotes people as being charted engineers but it is utterly implicit in "consultant gastroenterologist".

To be honest mine would probably be woolly as well was my thought.

Associate
This lot are like an on-going comedy sketch.

Anyway, the new oil exploration wasn't about selling oil. It was about having oil independence from countries like Russia and Iran. So they can't cut us off. We are still going to be importing oil for decades.
Very little of that oil goes to the UK it is going to be exported.

Back
Top Bottom