"Just stop oil"

Soldato
To be honest I'm less bothered about them attacking Stonehenge than many of their other protests - some of which have significantly inconvenienced or endangered everyday people for no good reason. Though there are much better ways they could be protesting in terms of targetting those who are in a position to make a difference.

Go to Saudi Arabia or Iran.

Soldato
To be honest I'm less bothered about them attacking Stonehenge than many of their other protests - some of which have significantly inconvenienced or endangered everyday people for no good reason. Though there are much better ways they could be protesting in terms of targetting those who are in a position to make a difference.
For me I'm less bothered by the inconvenience, that's what protests are supposed to be. They're supposed to cause enough inconvenience so that those that are in a position to make difference take notice.

This, however, was just stupid both as an act and as a way to get a message across.

Soldato
Honestly, the government should just ban JSO at this point, declare them an anarchy group against the public interest, whatever, and make being a member a public offence.

I don't normally get angry about issues but the way these low IQ morons have made themselves so unpopular/hated that by association they are actually managing to have a knock on effect on the popularity of tackling climate change is quite infuriating.

It might have some redeeming value if they were getting a good message across, but they're not, their message is basically "we demand oil/gas/coal extraction is halted by 2030!!!" a completely stupid (and thankfully impossible) idea that would cause millions of deaths and actually have a negative effect on tackling climate change, these idiots just want to protest about things without bothering to learn/understand it so they come up with stupid ideas and then get mad when nobody listens to their stupidity, absolute weapons grade morons.

Man of Honour
What utter cretins. Do they honestly think this will get them any support?

I don't think they care about support. They don't want people to support them. They want people to obey them. But most of all, they want attention and to feel self-righteous and to pretend they're doing something useful and important.

What gets on my nerves is that when scientists and engineers succeed in doing something useful and important, the self-righteous "activists" will falsely claim credit for it.

Associate
Honestly, the government should just ban JSO at this point, declare them an anarchy group against the public interest, whatever, and make being a member a public offence.

I don't normally get angry about issues but the way these low IQ morons have made themselves so unpopular/hated that by association they are actually managing to have a knock on effect on the popularity of tackling climate change is quite infuriating.

It might have some redeeming value if they were getting a good message across, but they're not, their message is basically "we demand oil/gas/coal extraction is halted by 2030!!!" a completely stupid (and thankfully impossible) idea that would cause millions of deaths and actually have a negative effect on tackling climate change, these idiots just want to protest about things without bothering to learn/understand it so they come up with stupid ideas and then get mad when nobody listens to their stupidity, absolute weapons grade morons.
Aren't a lot university educated?

Caporegime
Just seen this article.

Wow. What a way to strip a load of support for your cause.

What were these idiots thinking on this one.

This is mind boggling!

The ones who did this would give tories a run for their money on doing exactly the wrong thing to Win support.

Last edited:
Soldato
Throwing something that will come off in the rain should get them a telling off.
They haven't defaced anything and haven't really committed a crime.

It's a protected site, there's also rare lichen on there.

I'm sorry, but at this point I've seen the book thrown at people to "set an example" for far less than the absolute garbage actions from people like her. They're doing absolutely nothing other than turning the general public against their causes while spitting in the face of our history. It's time one of these annoying sods actually suffered the consequences of their actions as far as I'm concerned.

Soldato
The folk who assault JSO protesters are the same type of folk calling for Farage milkshake and paper coffee cup throwers to be thrown in jail for 10 years. Or hung.

Soldato
The folk who assault JSO protesters are the same type of folk calling for Farage milkshake and paper coffee cup throwers to be thrown in jail for 10 years. Or hung.
Also the ones who will call Reform fascist. Yet one of the hallmarks of all the fascist parties in history was violence against their opponents. Yet the only party that has been a victim of violence in this election campaign is, Reform, the one being called fascist, at the hands of the people calling them fascist.

Very Orwellian twisting of language.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just caught a quick chat on the TV.

The paint may have been cornstarch but it looks like it makes it's way into the pores of the stone and it may also damage the rare lichen that grows on it.

So, JSO may well have done environmental damage as well as damage to their cause with this particular stupidity.

Suspended
JSO tries to excuse what they've done. Community Notes turns up to put the boot in.

Throwing something that will come off in the rain should get them a telling off.
They haven't defaced anything and haven't really committed a crime.

* it won't simply come off with the rain
* Stonehenge is a UNESCO World Heritage site
* they have really committed crimes

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom