"Just stop oil"

Suspended
Annnnd, they’re off again..

Time to bring back the birch.

This is one stunt I honestly don't care about. A slop of paint on some private jets is no big deal, and at the end of the day it's just a rich person's problem, so not worth losing sleep over. Yes it's still tresspass and vandalism, so throw the book at them for that. But it's not in the same league as Stonehenge.

Man of Honour
How can they delete your tweet? It only twitter or yourself can delete your tweets, unless they deleted the tweet you responded to or something?
No idea but it was there now I can't find it. Yes I replied to their tweet so maybe they deleted that. I don't use twitterx much so I don't know.

Caporegime
I'm honestly not convinced they're worried about having support - they want to force the Government to take action and they've gambled that if they create enough of a nuisance, the overwhelming public pressure to 'do something about those protesters' will lead to the Government deciding it's easier to stop issuing new oil licences rather than any more draconian action to shut down their method of protesting.

Soldato
Not sure I’d want to annoy hundreds of millions of rabid Swift fans to be honest.

In her defence, someone that famous can’t travel on a regular flight for their own safety. There are just too many crazies out there these days. She’d never get a moments peace and I’m not sure the airline would want her there either, it would be far too disruptive.

Man of Honour
This is an example of the spineless attitude I alluded to, and is exactly why these JSO idiots and their ilk continue to act in the manner they do … they know there is minimal consequence for their actions.

How dare you, I want them birching and I'd like to do it but stand back and think about what they've done, thrown coloured stuff that will come off (UNLESS IT'S TRUE WHAT STONEHENGE SAY).
I watch too many Police documentaries to see criminals just walk away for far worse crimes.

Caporegime
Throwing something that will come off in the rain should get them a telling off.

According to the latest report, had the powder got wet before they got chance to remove it carefully it would have done much more damage - so much for "just wash off".

They haven't defaced anything and haven't really committed a crime.

Work by experts has managed to remove their vandalism without damage. That doesn't mean they didn't deface anything.

Caporegime
If they stuck to rationally targeted stuff like this, they'd keep a lot more support.
Better target than stonehenge...

Private jet use is a legitimate target for climate activism.

While better than attacking stone henge I don't think it is a legitimate target and Taylor Swift is rather popular.

Ultimately she's here to entertain thousands and thousands of fans, probably better for the environment that she's able to jet around and play multiple venues across Europe than say have multiple dates in fewer venues and thus incentivize loads more airline flights by fans who want to see her.

Private jet for musician and entourage vs multiple commercial flights for fans to fewer venues -> private jet is more environmentally friendly there.

Caporegime
According to the latest report, had the powder got wet before they got chance to remove it carefully it would have done much more damage - so much for "just wash off".

Work by experts has managed to remove their vandalism without damage. That doesn't mean they didn't deface anything.

At absolute minimum they should be charged and fined at the cost to remove the damage.

Though for some reason they seem well funded so I doubt that's an issue.

Man of Honour
English Heritage chief executive, Dr Nick Merriman, said there appeared to be "no visible damage" to the 5,000-year-old landmark after experts cleaned the site.

So a slapped hand and fine to pay for the experts but hopefully someone will take them down a dark alley.

Man of Honour
English Heritage chief executive, Dr Nick Merriman, said there appeared to be "no visible damage" to the 5,000-year-old landmark after experts cleaned the site.

So a slapped hand and fine to pay for the experts but hopefully someone will take them down a dark alley.
Hopefully that dark alley will be full of therapists. Having listened to some of these people , thats what they need. When you listen to how they speak, the things they say, the way they say them, its like listening to Manson cultists or Heavens Gate cultists. They've got issues and those issues go beyond climate change.

Soldato

To be fair, if human emissions from oil are going to cause more rain due to climate change and water over time will erode stone, then the stop oil folk are actually protecting the henge by trying to get people to reduce emissions

Back
Top Bottom