Klopp Out Arne In

Soldato
According to a report by Sport BILD, Alonso, who signed a two-year contract extension with Leverkusen in August 2023 which runs until 2026, has a release clause for three specific clubs: Liverpool, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich.
The Leverkusen ceo has said this is ****** btw

Soldato
Gerrards recently signed a new contract so I doubt it'll be him.
One of my Managers brothers is Gerrards best mate... I'd be convinced if he was coming back he'd not be able to keep it to himself

Associate

Not a great day when we lose Jurgen. But it had to happen eventually, but damn he's been good, but he's always said he didn't want to manage until he was 70 and the pressure has got to him, made him doubt a bit and taken it's toll, especially after losing his mum which affects people differently.

Thanks Jurgen, you've been brilliant.

Associate
No, just his winners medals. As a Spurs fan you might not know what they are.

Also, it's a very dangerous time to make jokes like that. I'm more temperamental than a hormonal woman right now.
jokes aside, without oil money it was a mighty impressive run - I'm going to live vicariously as a Liverpool fan for both the league title and league cup final

fez

fez

Caporegime
A sad day for the premier league. One of the best managers ever in the league, it was just a shame he did it at Liverpool :(

As much as I would be happy to see Liverpool recede into obscurity again, less competition for Man City is just not a good thing. Liverpool are the only thing that has stopped City from steamrolling the league year after year.

Fingers crossed Pep is on his bike soon too eh.

Caporegime
Christ even in the leaving interview he knows all the right things to say

God help whoever gets the job next, not only will results dip but needing to provide the right communication to fans will be nearly impossible to replicate and keep them onside

Soldato
Sad times, but I’m happier that he's leaving on his own terms with the team in good shape than hanging on too long and being pushed out acrimoniously when things aren't going well.

Soldato
it maybe explained in the interview as yet to watch but timing seems odd or am I over thinking it as I don’t want him to go.

Why now? Why not when season is finished.

Man of Honour
it maybe explained in the interview as yet to watch but timing seems odd or am I over thinking it as I don’t want him to go.

Why now? Why not when season is finished.
He said in the interview that he told the club in November and that basically they had done well to keep it quiet until now but it was only a matter of time before it got leaked so they decided to speak themselves before it did get leaked.

Interestingly there is some foreshadowing when you go back and watch the interviews when he joined Liverpool, he spoke at the time and said that the right time to leave a club is when they want you to stay rather than when you're no longer wanted, so at least he is proving that he meant those words.

Associate
The only consolation is he'll never manage in England again. He's doing like he did at Dortmund, taking a year out, recharge and then a new project for him.

Will seem very weird if he goes back into club management and came to Anfield.

I'd give him a year off, put Pep in for the term, then let him come back afterwards. (I know it's pie in the sky & Pep, plus Peter are leaving too)

Don
While it's just as likely that he will, I wouldn't be shocked if he doesn't manage again. He's always said he wants to be able to enjoy his life before he's too old to do so and he's said in his interview, while he won't rule it out, if you asked him now whether he'll manage again then he'd say no.

Caporegime
Timing’s the only thing that doesn’t feel right, after we narrowly lost out on the quadruple, yes, after a rebuild process started and is seemingly way ahead of schedule, no. One last crack at the champions league would’ve been nice but can’t put money on health and wellbeing.

Back
Top Bottom