Large increase in migrant workers.

But would a native on min wage not get the same benefits as an immigrant on min wage?

Yes, but if the native had the job, the migrant would not have to be here to do the job that the natives currently don't want to so there would only be one benefit payment to the min waged native. I think is what the original person was trying to say.

OK... So why aren't these jobs being taken by all the natives who are stuck on benefits?

In the 1990's it was estimated 99% of all Japanese sewage workers were Chinese immigrants, the Japanese just refused to work in **** for minimum wage, too proud. I have a mate whos dole is 90% of what I earn :(

In the 1990's it was estimated 99% of all Japanese sewage workers were Chinese immigrants, the Japanese just refused to work in **** for minimum wage.

Shouldn't be a minimum wage job then should it. If you offered £30 an hour instead of £6, more people would be prepared to tolerate. All immigration does is skew the labour market in favour of employers.

Yes, but if the native had the job, the migrant would not have to be here to do the job that the natives currently don't want to so there would only be one benefit payment to the min waged native. I think is what the original person was trying to say.

Ok fair enough. In my mind, the answer is to reduce the benefits of those without jobs rather than to legislate against the volume of migrant workers.

Ok fair enough. In my mind, the answer is to reduce the benefits of those without jobs rather than to legislate against the volume of migrant workers.

I agree, i was not saying we should 'send them all home' I was trying to make sense of what the person who originally made the statement was trying to get at.

It's even a problem in the highly skilled sectors - the amount of foreigners in the city of London is becoming ridiculous.

There's so many Kiwi's and Indians in my office I feel like the minority... :mad:

It's even a problem in the highly skilled sectors - the amount of foreigners in the city of London is becoming ridiculous.

There's so many Kiwi's and Indians in my office I feel like the minority... :mad:

Why are Brits not employed? Are they paying the Kiwis and Indians less?

Shouldn't be a minimum wage job then should it. If you offered £30 an hour instead of £6, more people would be prepared to tolerate. All immigration does is skew the labour market in favour of employers.
Yes. All this "... too lazy" and "... just doing jobs locals don't want to do" presume that there are immigrants willing to do the jobs already here. If there wasn't the immigration someone would be doing the job, whatever the job was. An appropriate price would be worked out between the supply of labour and the demand for the job.

It's just short-sighted businessmen wanting to make more money. Lower costs = more profit. That's until all their competitors import their workers too, a price war ensues so that the price they are charging for their product or service drops, and they end up making as much profit as they were before. So in the end they are no better off.

Yes. All this "... too lazy" and "... just doing jobs locals don't want to do" presume that there are immigrants willing to do the jobs already here. If there wasn't the immigration someone would be doing the job, whatever the job was. An appropriate price would be worked out between the supply of labour and the demand for the job.

It's just short-sighted businessmen wanting to make more money. Lower costs = more profit. That's until all their competitors import their workers too, a price war ensues so that the price they are charging for their product or service drops, and they end up making as much profit as they were before. So in the end they are no better off.

Yup. I would argue they actually end up worse off because they end up living in a sick society, like Britain in the 21st century :(

Back
Top Bottom