Laser eye treatment - who's done it?

Soldato
So who have most people gone with for their treatments? Any bad experiences etc? I plan on doing some research and getting a consultation booked in the next couple weeks!

I went with Optical Express, you can read about my experiences a few posts up - however even with the trouble I'm having with one of my eyes now I'd still recommend it.

Soldato
I've just got back from my consultation with Ultralase. I was very pleased with them, they were all helpful, the place seemed nice and all the girls were hot!

They said I'm more suited to LASEK which is kind of what I was hoping for anyway. Although as they told me that, and told me it was slightly more painful that LASIK, someone started screaming in the room next door! She sounded as if she was giving birth!

It was quite reassuring that the optometrist who tested me had also had LASEK done a few months early and he was happy with it. My prescription has changed from -7.75 in both eyes 3 years ago to -8 in both but apparently I've got very thick eyes which means they can laser more off and it will still leave plenty if ever I needed a retreatment in the future!

They said I've got quite a lot of imperfections in both eyes so I'm better off going for the Wavefront and have said I can chose between the Elite and Plus with the prices coming out at 2.6k and 3.4k respectively. They said they've got appointments pretty much every Friday too which is quite good!

Soldato
probably thinking of this sometime in the future only problem is I work in computers, looking at a screen for 95% of my working day.

Anyone in a similar job and how did you cope?

Soldato
I do the same and I asked the guy about it. He I'd probably be back in work staring at a monitor again with no problems in a week. He said a lot of his work involves computer use and he'd had LASEK done with no problems.

Soldato
I got LASEK at Ultralase and I got the top treatment (Elite plus?). It's a month on and day vision is 100% perfect. Only imperfections I have noticed is with lights. I get sunglare on some car headlights when looking into them directly. Night vision isn't totally perfect yet it's a bit blurry around the lights and I can lose focus sometimes but nothing that bad a lot better than what it used to be. You have to give LASEK 3 months to heal 100% anyways.

Associate
I am getting mine done on the 18th April, cant wait.

Also a huge plus, Dr Sheraz Daya is doing the operation. ( The doctor who did Kate Piper's eyes (The unfortunate woman to be blinded with acid))

Soldato
People with large prescriptions: be realistic in what can be improved. If your prescription is large they have to 'burn' off more cornea, but there's only so much there. Likely why Laesk has been suggested. Recovery is also longer.

In short: be careful what they promise you.

Soldato
People with large prescriptions: be realistic in what can be improved. If your prescription is large they have to 'burn' off more cornea, but there's only so much there. Likely why Laesk has been suggested. Recovery is also longer.

In short: be careful what they promise you.

Luckily I've been told i have very thick corneas!

Associate
I heard in some cases its better to get one eye done and leave the other,what it gives with one hand it can take away with the other. for instance if you have trouble seeing distance and get it done then you might see fine at a greater distance than you did before but try to read something and you may find that it doesnt look as good as it used to because its changed your sight for things at close range. i dont know if its a certain condition where this is the case but my uncle got his 2 eyes done and had the trouble i just described when he was reading and he went to see a better doctor and he said he should only have got the one eye done so it would have balanced itself out. the italian doctor who advised him to do it got shot in the legs for messing up another dudes vision but thats another story:D

Associate
My mrs had hers done (we went for the more expensive option) and we were out viewing houses the same day, she had to wear shade tho

Associate
Forgot to say there was a guy in the dark recovery room who had freaked out having his first eye done, there was a young girl talking him into going back for the second when we left. Not sure how it finished for him >.<

Back
Top Bottom