LED Bulb Thread

Soldato
My LED light order arrived today from LED Hut. I've replaced every bulb in the house with them. All of the rooms are warm LED's except the kitchen which is cool and my sons bedroom which has a colour changing bulb. So far so good - i'm very happy with light colour.
The outlay was quite significant but it's a warm feeling knowing i'll never need to replace a bulb again.

Which ones did you order.

Soldato
What was the multi-colour one with remote do?
There are 16 different colours to choose from and four lighting effects: Flash, Strobe, Fade and Smooth. You can set a colour, have it cycle through them with smooth transition and change the light level brightness.

Soldato
I needed the wider beam angle and those new bulbs cost twice as much. The cool light suits our kitchen and utility room as we have gloss white units.

Soldato
Just had our bedroom refitted and had Aurora LED downlighters put in (on a dimmer). These are in conventional GU10 fittings.

Apart from a slightly frustrating lower end on the dimmer - if you try turning the lights on with the dimmer set low they won't. You need to turn it up to about half brightness before them spring into life, then you can lower their brightness back down.

But the amount of light and quality of the light is very impressive. To me it looks like there's a single LED in each.

Soldato
Anyone ordered the SuperLEDTM GU10 LED bulbs from Amazon? I've ordered three in cool white for our wardrobe. Specs seem good with 460 lumens and 120 degree beam angle.

Apart from looking ugly, I thought those bulbs with dozens of LEDs on were previous generation? ie: The news LED tech only needs a couple on them...

Caporegime
Yes the number of LEDs looks odd, but if they're previous gen then I'd like to know what difference it makes, because on paper they tick the price and spec boxes pretty well. Many bulbs still seem to have a narrower beam angle, something I can't afford in a wardrobe.

Maybe it's just that they're so cheap they won't last.

Soldato
OMG it says 240V on the bulb. For some reason I thought halogens would be universal between 12V & 240V and therefore not specify on the bulb.

I knew that would be a stupid question :o. Thanks.

So therefore I can replace them with ANY GU10 LED bulbs...correct?

GU10 & E27 are 240V AC fittings
MR16 are 12V DC fittings (requiring a transformer)

Soldato
Anyone else experience buzzing from their LED bulbs?

The six Aurora ones we have in our GU10 dimmer downlights buzz quite loudly at times.. and at other times are silent?

Soldato
I'm after under counter lights for my new kitchen, I've already sourced halogen replacements for the ceiling light. Just need to sort the under counter out now!

Back
Top Bottom