LED Bulb Thread

Can't type for toffee
Don
I've been looking these, to go under some shelves to light my desk area up a bit more.
They come with a 5 year warranty.

http://www.ledhut.co.uk/led-strip-lights.html

Not too expensive considering they include a 5 tear warranty, think this maybe wheat I end up with!

Handy as the bench runs are 2.4m hehe

How many strips can I connect up to the one transformer?

Soldato
Associate
Westy

Any chance of a side by side photo comparison of the Phillips with a halogen and perhaps a warm white NxtGen?

Really want to go LED but having real trouble finding any that don't look yellow to me.

And would you happen to have a pic of the 70W flood in action :D

GU10 – Philips 6W Perfect Fit Dimmable Very Warm White (40°)
philipsmasterledgu106wd.jpg

• 300 Lumens
  • 2700 Kelvin
  • 6W

Flood – 70W Day White
flooden.jpg

• 6,000 Lumens
  • 6000 Kelvin
  • 70W

Soldato
Has anyone done a straight swap of GU10 LEDs to replace regular GU10s, on a standard dimmer, and they've behaved well?

Reason I ask, is in my only experience of LED GU10s on a dimmer, we had to get one dedicated to LEDs to get a decent dim effect across the range of the dimmer.

Soldato
Has anyone done a straight swap of GU10 LEDs to replace regular GU10s, on a standard dimmer, and they've behaved well?

Reason I ask, is in my only experience of LED GU10s on a dimmer, we had to get one dedicated to LEDs to get a decent dim effect across the range of the dimmer.

Standard dimmers do not behave properly with led lamps,ie flickering, you need a trailing edge dimmer for the led lamps to function properly as you have found.

Varilight V-Pro switches among the best, have one of the lowest minimum load settings of all, just 10 Watts.

Last edited:
Soldato
Standard dimmers do not behave properly with led lamps,ie flickering, you need a trailing edge dimmer for the led lamps to function properly as you have found.

Varilight V-Pro switches among the best, have one of the lowest minimum load settings of all, just 10 Watts.

That's my experience too! And I have the v-pro too (programmable).

Associate
Cheers mate, that's awesome.

They're not cheap but if they actually look like halogens, then they must be nearly one of a kind :)

I often find that what most places call warm white, is actually just yellow and what some of them consider warm might as well just be white, as even the warm ones are often so cold.

Back
Top Bottom