LED Bulb Thread

Soldato
When I turn mine down to minimum it doesn't go out. There is a nice glow coming from them. I have to press the nob to turn the light on and off. Seems fine to me.

Waiting for the 5 x E14 LEDs I bought from another company for my ceiling rose now. I ordered LED candle type, equivalent to 20W each. Used to have 5 x 60W in there!!!!!

What bulbs? How many?

Soldato
I got some of the simply led 5w gen2's very warm whites for £5.50 each after cashback (They were cheaper as they just released gen3) and I am impressed with them. Certainly useable as a halogen replacement, light looks a little odd at first but you get used to it. People we have had over certainly haven't commented on the light being unusual.

Soldato
Just ordered a couple new lights for the lounge / diner at home and they have g4 bulbs do I need to do anything to change the 10 * 10w g4s to leds? I know all g4s are 12v but ive read some 12v transformers dont work with led bulbs

Soldato
Just ordered a couple new lights for the lounge / diner at home and they have g4 bulbs do I need to do anything to change the 10 * 10w g4s to leds? I know all g4s are 12v but ive read some 12v transformers dont work with led bulbs

Ummm... Is is really worth it? ie: All this effort/expense to go from say 10W -> 6W per bulb?

Permabanned
Right, I want to replace my existing bulbs with LEDS what do I need to look out for when buying them, are there any brands to avoid or all they much of a muchness?

Permabanned
Right, I want to replace my existing bulbs with LEDS what do I need to look out for when buying them, are there any brands to avoid or all they much of a muchness?

Not read this thread at all then ;)

I have bought mine from LED hut and am happy with them.

my spec list looked like this when I bought mine
4 - 6w
60 degree+
dimmable

If you do a search for my posts you will find the picture I posted of the ones I bought as a reference point :)

Back
Top Bottom