LED Bulb Thread

Associate
Fitted one of these at the weekend a 50 Watt one in cool white quiet impressed actually!
From LED Hut

photo4_zps18220533.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Associate
I have the same in my kitchen and bathroom. It's a little weird at first as the room felt blue but you soon get used to it.

I just like reminding myself I have gone from using 420 to 31.5W. I no longer have to follow the wife around turning off lights.

Man of Honour
Got two of those for the hall/landing (not dimmable) and they are a decent brightness and not cold looking (warm white). Going to get two dimmable ones for bedrooms now.

Associate
Has anyone noticed a definite difference between the LEDhut bulbs and cheap chinese ones?

It'll cost me £72 to get 18 G9s from LEDhut (320 lumen), but can get 20 for £50 from China.

Going to slowly go full LED in the house after seeing how much our new living room lights are going to cost us! The energy monitor doubled when the living room lights are on! :eek:

Permabanned
Has anyone noticed a definite difference between the LEDhut bulbs and cheap chinese ones?

It'll cost me £72 to get 18 G9s from LEDhut (320 lumen), but can get 20 for £50 from China.

Going to slowly go full LED in the house after seeing how much our new living room lights are going to cost us! The energy monitor doubled when the living room lights are on! :eek:

Stick with the LED hut if I was you. Take them apart you'll soon see why.

A recent house fire near me was due to LED bulbs off eBay.

Soldato
Anybody tried the LAP LED GU10's from Screwfix, a pack of 5 are £20 and the spec seems decent, ie 5W and Dimmable. I need to replace all the bulbs in my kitchen and these come in cheaper than LEDHUT. I'd rather avoid the chinese specials, so these seemed a decent bet.

I've not tried them but have been tempted. Usually reviews on screwfix are pretty decent to go off and they are good for taking things back if you re not happy etc. just have a double check to see f the ones you are looking at online are still being sold as I've seen a few being phased out on there lately; in particular dimmable GU10's - a week or so ago you could not buy them in packs of 5/6 so if you can now they must be new models.

[mid speech edit]
I figured I should check that I'm not talking rubbish...
http://www.screwfix.com/p/lap-gu10-led-lamp-346lm-cd-5w-pack-of-5/3797g these have no reviews, and although they don't say 'new' I'm pretty sure they are new as the last pack of 5 dimmable GU10's had [more than 0] reviews, but were not availible in any store, or for delivery - screwfix keep things on their website for a while after they are discontinued, but don't really mark them as being so.

I should realy get a pack for testing as they're pretty good value, but honestly out of all the dimmable LED's ive used they have all been crap with the sole exception of the LEDhut 4.5wat, 350lm GU10's; these are the only dimmable GU10s I can reccomend*
*in banks of 4 or more.

Back
Top Bottom