LED Bulb Thread

Permabanned
Just bought my first LED light from GE. comes with 25 years life span expectancy cost £10. Has 700 lumen output at 10w and compared to incandescent which is about 60w to get the same lumen output. I am going to replace every light with LED!

https://s.yimg.com/hg/pimg1/f9/10/p027921637315-item-5777xf1x0600x0600-m.jpg

This is what i bought :D from local light shop near my work. :cool:

Soldato
So currently where's the best place for 12-15 GU10 LEDs?

We're currently looking to fill the kitchen/dining room with downlights instead of the two roses. I guess something along the lines of 5w warm white.

Man of Honour
Soldato
Last edited:
Associate
Quick 'spec me' - in need of 3xE14 in warm white, to replace 42w halogens. These were a bit bright as it is for the area they are lighting (landing). Probably want 30w equiv?

Which brands should I look for and what rating does it translate to in LED?

Edit: Something like this ?

Last edited:
Soldato
You only fitting them lights so no one trips over that hose and sues you........:p

And why is the second light on the end gable that points down to the bins not lit ?

ha, yea it's a total mess isn't it! installed them to light the path to the garage, and generally make it a bit nicer out there but the previous owners never bothered with anything so the place is horrid and needs a tidy-up and clean! the hose is always lying around though - that's just me being lazy.

The other light isn't on because it's a fuel-burning-maniac-250watt halogen thing! I need to take it out really as it's a bit redundant - probably will carry these spots around the corner instead, but on a different switch / programer / PIR.

this was the result during the day:
BUfFQR2.png

a little bit 'function-over-form' but I don't mind them. didn't really have many alternatives and I tink I've managed to hide the JBs quite well - they are hidden by the light fixtures themselves.

Here it is at night (real photo):
b5GBcf4.png

That picture I put up here before was just a mockup I made up before doing it - it's not a real image... the photo underneath is; but the lights were done in 3D using the nearest .IES profile I could find to replicate a GU10! it was a bit OTT but more of a sanity check to see if it would look daft or not - 'looking daft' is subjective - I ruled in favour of it not 'looking daft' so went ahead :)

Last edited:
Associate
Have not bought LED lights for a while now so not sure where the best deals and best units are.

Am looking ot replace the CFL lamps thjat have come with my new house with LED ones. What I am after are as follows

Living Room - ES LED lamp and dimmer controller, which must be 2-way capable
Kitchen - ES LED lamp and dimmer. Dimmer must have 3 switches on and idealy be able to swap one of the dimmers for a straight on off switch as this cotrolls the extractor fan
Hall, Landing, Bed 1, Bed 2 and Bed 3 - LED Lamp. Unsure of the fitting on these, but would hazard a guess at them being bayonet.

Am not wanting to get anything off the bay as do not want to risk the chance of getting some dodgy knock-off imitation lump

Soldato
I've been looking at improving the lighting in our kitchen, we've had coloured led tape round the top for a while but the controllers were infrared and had to be pointed at each area and you had to select the colours independently (plus they didn't match)

Untitled by peige10101, on Flickr

So new pile of gear, all wireless. 4 different zones controlled by one remote. New RGBW led strip, one "pill" handles RGB, a separate "pill" handles white on its own so when you switch to white you get proper white light.

I could take a dozen photos with all different effects but they all look great to us :)

IMG_3701 by peige10101, on Flickr

IMG_3703 by peige10101, on Flickr

IMG_3705 by peige10101, on Flickr

IMG_3711 by peige10101, on Flickr

IMG_3710 by peige10101, on Flickr

The end under unit nearest the patio doors bugs me, I didn't think it would matter but it does so I will be sorting out the gear to get that one covered too, another controller and power supply over the Christmas break :)

Soldato
[FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot]I had been searching for a while [FONT=&quot]for [FONT=&quot]t[FONT=&quot]he gear to d[FONT=&quot]o it wirelessly and came acr[FONT=&quot]oss ultraleds.co.uk Exchanged a few emails with them and they were [FONT=&quot]helpful suggesting the products I needed. There were po[FONT=&quot]wer sup[FONT=&quot]plies too [FONT=&quot]obvously[FONT=&quot] bu[FONT=&quot]t below are the [FONT=&quot]main products I uses.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/4-zone-rgbww-controller-2-4g-18a-6a-per-channel.html[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/extra-zone-for-urgbw4zone-controller-only.html[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/rgb-tape-plus-warm-white-60-led-20w-per-metre-5m-pack.html
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]This started off because [FONT=&quot]I couldn't[FONT=&quot] get wires back to a central location due to the layout of th[FONT=&quot]e kitchen and not wanting to tear it to bits, really pl[FONT=&quot]e[FONT=&quot]ased with the results. I[FONT=&quot]t [FONT=&quot]has some funky light show type modes too :o[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

Back
Top Bottom