LED Bulb Thread

noj

noj

Associate
so trying to find a set of led lights for our front room, I bought some that are warm white (2700k) - admittedly these ones are homebase specials, but the wife is still complaining that they're too cold in comparison to the old halogen ones.

Any suggestions on a set of bulbs? its hard to tell from pictures on the net which ones will be warm.

Man of Honour
Soldato
Can anyone recommend a good solar powered LED PIR security light?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CYA1PGC/ref=s9_simh_gw_p86_d6_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-5&pf_rd_r=1PY3SXEQQ4WQ2Y99ZDT6&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=455333147&pf_rd_i=468294

I just bought this, it's surprisingly very small compared to what the photo suggests. It has a low dim mode at night time, and a very (I was surprised) main beam light when motion is detected.

However, mine's now dead. The flue for the boiler is right next to the front door, so the main beam was activated all night. So battery is dead!

Associate
Thanks for the suggestion. Think i'll give one a try for the price.

It'll only be temporary until I get a proper outside light put up.

Soldato
I have been pleased with Philips LED bulbs, B22 and Hue and have a few Ikea LED in lamps that seem fine.

Where i do not want to use Hue i am looking to replace what older energy bulbs we have so wondered what i should be looking at?

The only issue i have with Philips on the std LED bulbs is the beam angle - loads of light underneath but does not spread swell as older energy bulbs.

Back
Top Bottom