LED Bulb Thread

Soldato
Managed to get some led bulbs from work,got all my light in the flat to led now,loving them with there bright white light and no warming up time.

Soldato
I bought some dimmable G9's to replace my current ones and ran into a bit of a weird one.
The light fixture takes four lamps, if I fit all 4LEDs it automatically comes on. It even appears that with 3 in and 4th out then there's no dimmer control, lights are on. Have the 4th in as the standard lamp then works at it should.

Any ideas?

Associate
Could be due to the type of dimmer and the load? I know with the Fibaro Universal wireless dimmers I fitted there needs to be an extra dummy load added if it's under 25W.

kai

kai

Soldato
Not sure if valid for this thread.

Under cabinet kitchen lighting - I have plinth lighting but now want to add under cabinet lights. It's a new build so the electrician actually put the wiring in, ready for this if we ever wanted to add them.

Under the cabinets I have the electric points (it's a small black dome) They said it's ready to go, I just need to purchase the lights.

Can anyone recommend any? I am seeing a lot of LED unit's but they mention transformers/drivers etc not sure if they are will be required?.

Associate
I bought some LED GU10s from B&Q but had to take them back. My ceiling sockets have a wire metal bracket to hold the bulbs in place and they weren't quite the standard shape. The casing stood out a bit so I couldn't clip them in place.....

Soldato
Can anyone suggest some suitable led bulbs for a bedroom? Not down lighters but 3 or 4 socket light fitment in the middle of the room. I don't want them very directional either.

Can I get led lights in soft enough light for the bedroom? My kitchen lights are clinically white :D

Soldato
quidco have some good codes - 15% off your order, free delivery and 20% cashback. Expires 8th of March

Bought 6 bayonet bulbs for under £30, my first venture into LED lighting :)

Man of Honour
I've converted our main lights at home to LED bulbs (all bayonet fittings) and they are SO much nicer than those energy saving bulbs. They get to brightness straight away. I've put slightly whiter ones in the bathroom as that makes it so much crisper especially useful in the mornings.

For the rooms I'm glad I went for the warmer ones - they're still bright but very comfortable to be sat in.

Worthwhile upgrade :)

Back
Top Bottom