LED Bulb Thread

Associate
Last edited:
Associate
I’ve always been interested in using less power and had the old Eco bulbs. The more modern of these were a bit better but always gave a poorer light to the original old bulbs filament.

Seen that the only place I could get the Philips LED 11W eq 75W bulbs was John Lewis. I was in for an Ipad Air2 and walked past the light department and thought I’ll take a look. Sadly the £8 11W were gone. Asked the girl and said I was looking for them. Delighted when she came back with a load full. She said they are selling really well and they have to keep put them back out on the shop floor.

Anyway got the ipad and two of these bulbs. Both were replacing 20W Eco fluorescence. What a difference the LED are, fantastically brighter and immediate with it.

Got to laugh an older neighbour a few door up has a light rose that must be over thirty years old. Granted she only has it on if she is doing stuff and needs more light or has visitor’s in like at new-year but it has six bulbs all 100W filament. So when it’s on I’ve been in and its been on for hours that’s like 600W. I’ve changed them when one has blown, she has a store of about twenty 100W bulbs she bought when she read they were being taken off the market.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think I must just be really unlucky as seemingly every bulb I try burns out long before it should. The cheapy Chinese bulbs at the beginning of this thread is fair enough, but now all 3 of the expensive COB bulbs I ordered from Light Rabbit have all failed :mad:.

It says they have a 5 year warranty, so i'll try and get them replaced, but this really shouldnt be happening.

Soldato
ok, cancelled my £100 worth of an order with LED hut they are a joke of a company, still not posted my order i made on 27th Nov. Given no real reason why its been delayed, all items in stock,

going to give them feedback if i can find out how

Now looking for another site, any recommendations?

im after g9 dimmable

Associate
I can't see me using LEDHut again in the future. Their prices are over inflated.
ScrewFix have a decent price on LED bulbs but I really can't comment on their quality. Reviews on item pages are usually positive though.

Associate
I've replaced all the GU10's in my house with screwfix LED blubs, other than one failing after 1 day which they replaced they've all been fine and give a decent light output compared to LED GU10's I've had in the past.

Soldato
I'm looking for a LED replacement for Halogen R7 78mm, 80W.

bulb_zpsrzvqo2kz.jpg

They have to be thin as they go in internal uplighters.

I'm finding it very hard to find anything suitable!

Last edited:
Soldato
I picked up a couple of LED bulbs from Homebase. They were in clearance at £2 each. Just not quite bright enough for where I've installed them though.

Back
Top Bottom