LED Bulb Thread

Soldato
Anyone know of any G9 bulbs that are the same size as the halogen equivalent? I bought some from LED Hut only to find they are much bigger and longer and therefore look weird in my bathroom fitting.

Soldato
Need some advice guys, having bathroom done in new house.

There are halogen MR16 downlights - im going to change them to 240V GU10's.

Bathroom has 6 lights in total.

Ill be using these fixings:

http://www.screwfix.com/p/robus-adj...0v/59255#product_additional_details_container

What bulbs do you recommend? cool white? and what wattage / lumens ? This is a new area for me and some advice would really help me! thanks

Associate
What's in the bathroom, is there a shower? The fittings you linked to are not really suitable for bathrooms as they are only ip20 (which is not really suitable anywhere near water or steam).

I replaced 3 mr12 12 volt downlights with integrated LED downlights (COLLINGWOOD H2 PRO 550) and replaced the one directly over the shower cubicle with an ip65 rated GU10 unit. Are you doing the work yourself? If so you might find the existing lighting is fed with 2 core (no earth) as it's not required for 12v lighting. 240v does require an earth, unless it's a double insulated fitting. I stuck with 12v (except for the double insulated ip65 GU10 fitting) as access into the area above the bathroom is very limited and keeping the existing wiring was easiest.

Oh and my preference is always warm white for domestic use.

Dave

Soldato
What's in the bathroom, is there a shower? The fittings you linked to are not really suitable for bathrooms as they are only ip20 (which is not really suitable anywhere near water or steam).

I replaced 3 mr12 12 volt downlights with integrated LED downlights (COLLINGWOOD H2 PRO 550) and replaced the one directly over the shower cubicle with an ip65 rated GU10 unit. Are you doing the work yourself? If so you might find the existing lighting is fed with 2 core (no earth) as it's not required for 12v lighting. 240v does require an earth, unless it's a double insulated fitting. I stuck with 12v (except for the double insulated ip65 GU10 fitting) as access into the area above the bathroom is very limited and keeping the existing wiring was easiest.

Oh and my preference is always warm white for domestic use.

Dave

Hi no im not doing the work myself. There is no shower but a corner bathtub that will be used as a shower too. IP44 fittings should be ok ?

Soldato
Soldato
Invested in Philips Hue. So good. What's the best music syncing app? Currently trying manicHue which is good but I'd prefer a Windows-based app or a Spotify plugin or something. Any recommendations?

Soldato
LED bulbs seem to be dropping in price a lot. I posted earlier on about Osram bulbs being on offer for £5 at tesco, but I have seen some LAP bulbs even cheaper for like £3.99 (50 watt eq) in Screwfix. I remember at the beginning of this thread the cheapo China bulbs from ebay were more than that and they were awful.

The osram bulbs are great, side by side with the ones I bought from LED hut they are just as bright and a nicer colour. Only slight negative is that they seem to have a slight pause before turning on, but its not really a problem.

Caporegime
Looking for nice quality led strips for under a kitchen unit run of around 2.5m

Want to wire it into lighting circuit rather than plug. Any suggestions ? Ceiling are 3000k LED downlights so probably want to match those.

Thanks

Soldato
Hi

one of my led hut bulbs went yesterday so need some replacements.

My last experience with led hut was disappointing so would like to try elsewhere.

I have seen simplyLED and trillion websites that look good and are reasonable prices, has anyone experience with these websites?

Also simply led has a range of makes mainly crompton/megaman of which I have no idea what they are like?

maybe some of you guys have tried these makes. I mainly need E14 and a few GU10 spares at about 2700k -3000k.

Thanks

Associate
Invested in Philips Hue. So good. What's the best music syncing app? Currently trying manicHue which is good but I'd prefer a Windows-based app or a Spotify plugin or something. Any recommendations?

I've recently taken the plunge with Hue too and I LOVE them. It's dangerously addictive given that they're so pricey! LOL

I'm not sure re the syncing app, but I'd be interested in the answer too.

Soldato
I'm using manicHue at the moment and it seems pretty good. Would prefer something like a direct Spotify plugin though rather than using your phone's mic as it's not accurate or as fast at changing.

Associate
Looking to buy some ip65 for above shower and bath (2) and ip44 for rest of bathroom. Which would you recommend?

Ideally need to be same company so match/ look the same or would you just buy ip65 for whole room?

Back
Top Bottom