LED Bulb Thread

Anyone know how the nxtgen series II differ to the series III?

I ordered a bunch of series II warm white bulbs about 3 years ago. I like them and wanted some more, but see they only do the series III now. At least the price is a lot lower! I paid almost £8 each previously, and now they are closer to £3.

one of my led hut bulbs went yesterday so need some replacements.

My last experience with led hut was disappointing so would like to try elsewhere.

I have seen simplyLED and trillion websites that look good and are reasonable prices, has anyone experience with these websites?

I used http://www.cp-lighting.co.uk/ last time, bought some Calex G9 bulbs. One recently died (one of the LEDs came off) and after a quick phone call they sent me another one next-day delivery free of charge. Didn't even need to return the broken one.

Anyone running this style phillips master range? 4W or 5.4W.

What do you think of them? are they a step above the rest in terms of quality of light and colour?

edit - I'm after 3000k/Neutral white

tG0eEmC.jpg

Last edited:
Are there any G9 capsule bulbs that are reliable and don't strobe yet? I have tried a couple of different makes now andt he last lot I got from Amazon where terrible and nearly made me pass out. Needless to say they went back for a refund.

Currently getting the bathroom done and need new downlights. The loft above is insulated.

Would you recommend buying IC rated downlights (please link me some you would recommend)

OR

Buy standard ip65 ang get installers to remove insulation around them/ buy insulation support boxes?

Any help would be appreciated

Currently getting the bathroom done and need new downlights. The loft above is insulated.

Would you recommend buying IC rated downlights (please link me some you would recommend)

OR

Buy standard ip65 ang get installers to remove insulation around them/ buy insulation support boxes?

Any help would be appreciated

i got a bit of a shock today. bought a house last week. currently in the process of changing all the lights to LED's. went into the bathroom and one of the fittings is burnt and has insulation on top of it.

i'm going to get some insulation support boxes. £20 to save your life is nothing.

I replaced all the light bulbs in my house with ones from Lumier in Barrow. Decent lights and much better than the mix match the house had when we got it. Had burn marks on the living room ceiling due to the bulbs they were using and on the other end of the scale they had the old energy saving ones on the landing which were fairly pointless!

Aurora M7 are really nice, used them in my kitchen both dimmable and non dimmable.

Nice light spread and CRI on the 3000k warm.

Are there any G9 capsule bulbs that are reliable and don't strobe yet? I have tried a couple of different makes now andt he last lot I got from Amazon where terrible and nearly made me pass out. Needless to say they went back for a refund.

These are the ones I bought for the bathroom and mentioned earlier

http://www.cp-lighting.co.uk/CalexLED-G9-2-2W-Warm-White

I've noticed a tiny bit of strobing on only a couple of occasions. Nobody else has though, perhaps I'm more sensitive than average. YMMV. Would be curious how you find them if you try them.

As for reliability, one died an early death but the others are still going strong (since April).

i got a bit of a shock today. bought a house last week. currently in the process of changing all the lights to LED's. went into the bathroom and one of the fittings is burnt and has insulation on top of it.

i'm going to get some insulation support boxes. £20 to save your life is nothing.

Good idea. Will check our attic as we are in a new house now too.

Aurora M7 are really nice, used them in my kitchen both dimmable and non dimmable.

Nice light spread and CRI on the 3000k warm.

They look ok, but 435 lumens for around £20 isn't earth shattering.

I've mentioned these before, but if you're going for new integrated fittings then look no further than the ECOLED Zep series. The ZEP1 are their entry level ones and are completely configurable in terms of colours and light engine. The 7W pumps out 770lm which is 1.77x what those Auroras put out, they're IP and fire rated and cost only a little more than the Auroras. You need to speak to Guy @ Ecoled to get exact prices.

Then if you want to push the boat out look at the ZEP 6 series which are the pinnacle of downlighter tech and truly tiny. Stunning wee things!

I have ZEP1 in the kitchen and ZEP6 in the lounge and will be ordering more of them for outside, some uplighters and other bits from them. Guy also gives great advice on placement of lights, as it's about creating the right effect for the zones in each room, not the frankly stupid 'stick a load in a symmetrical grid central to the room'.

They look ok, but 435 lumens for around £20 isn't earth shattering.

I've mentioned these before, but if you're going for new integrated fittings then look no further than the ECOLED Zep series. The ZEP1 are their entry level ones and are completely configurable in terms of colours and light engine. The 7W pumps out 770lm which is 1.77x what those Auroras put out, they're IP and fire rated and cost only a little more than the Auroras. You need to speak to Guy @ Ecoled to get exact prices.

Then if you want to push the boat out look at the ZEP 6 series which are the pinnacle of downlighter tech and truly tiny. Stunning wee things!

I have ZEP1 in the kitchen and ZEP6 in the lounge and will be ordering more of them for outside, some uplighters and other bits from them. Guy also gives great advice on placement of lights, as it's about creating the right effect for the zones in each room, not the frankly stupid 'stick a load in a symmetrical grid central to the room'.

7W is 600lumens I just read ?

You are comparing £35 75mm lights with. 37dg angle and 600lm. To a £15 60mm light with a 40deg angle. The lumens value may be lower but they are the best colour bulbs I've seen. If you need more lumens then use the money saved for more bulbs (and more even light )

Could someone please recommend a GU10 LED bulb compatible with the V-Pro dimmer switch? I went out and bought the V-Pro from Screwfix along with 2 boxes of LAP dimmable LED's - however these buzz like crazy! It's definitely the bulbs rather than the switch.

When we moved in there where some no-brand LED installed, i tried these as well, they don't buzz but the dimming is limited and there seems to be a high pitched noise on full brightness.

I have 8 down lights in my lounge, ideally looking around 2700- 3000K temp without any noise! Thanks

B&Q do their own brand, Diall

Avoid Diall. I bought 8 GU10's (3000k, 350lumen, 6.5w at £13 each) for my kitchen. One failed after about 9 months, B&Q wouldn't replace it even though they have a 12 month warranty and a claimed 10 year life, because they'd changed the spec from 6.5w 350lm to 6w 340lm so it wasn't "like for like"

Since then another 2 have failed....

Even if they are made by Osram, I'll certainly not buy those or for that matter any LED from B&Q again...

Back
Top Bottom