Poll: ** LG 27GP950 AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER NOW - LIMITED AVAILABILITY **

Do you have any black screen issues?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
Been trying to get one of these for ages. Last night I had refreshed Currys often and clicked add to basket over 50 seperate times but still no joy. Frustrating need to secure a HDMI 2.1 monitor for my PS5 and to make progress on my Games room / Desk setup.

Associate
Managed to get one last night at 3:29 from Currys, just had to refresh and click order until it finally went through. Second one now, as I had to return the first due to dead pixels.

Associate
Just out of interest did you return under their day thing? Also did they collect the item at their expense or did you have to pay shipping? Thanks
Hi not sure what their day thing is, however I collected it from store, and noticed that the corner of the box had been pushed in slightly (could have been nothing, and most likely was). I reported this to them at the time, and when I went in the next day returning it, they just refunded the money without even checking the product.

Caporegime
Hi not sure what their day thing is, however I collected it from store, and noticed that the corner of the box had been pushed in slightly (could have been nothing, and most likely was). I reported this to them at the time, and when I went in the next day returning it, they just refunded the money without even checking the product.

Ok great thanks, looks like things can at least be returned in store now (which I wasn't aware of).

Associate
Ultrawide is only good for handful of games and it sucks at everything else. I've had dual display setup for the last 10 years, currently 27 inch 4K Dell Ultrasharps, soon to be replaced by 27GP950s.
Agreed, I bought Samsung's G9 and while Cyberpunk was awesome, Windows did a really bad job of managing an ultrawide for work and other multi-window purposes, it was annoying enough for me to return it.

Soldato
I am glad and annoyed at the same time. Glad that I was able to pre-order today, annoyed that I didn't get to do that while it was showing "in stock".
There's another potentially interesting development - the only other seller, **, started displaying "Add to basket" button today, intermittently, but when clicked all it does is displays an error:

r70Exrt.png

Their website sucks for items that go in and out of stock, as I found when trying to order from them in the past, you will probably need to use their app instead, they have caching issues.

Associate
anyone looking to get one from Currys. Try using the chrome add on 'Distill', it'll monitor the webpage (or parts of page) so you don't have to keep checking, you can set it to refresh every 5 seconds, and then it'll ping you when stock comes in. I managed to get a PS5 back in Feb using it.

Associate
Didn't think these would be back in stock until mid-july, can't believe they were up for pre-order less than 24hrs after my post. Shame.

Associate
Didn't think these would be back in stock until mid-july, can't believe they were up for pre-order less than 24hrs after my post. Shame.

don’t worry you haven’t missed out I had 2X 27GP950s from Spicy Hut and they didnt impress me over the Dell S2721 DGF..so I returned for full refund. colours crispness of icons and gaming were the same. Only annoying thing about the 27GP950 was that everything was so bloody tiny!- much prefer 1440p 165hz S2721DGF at only £300.

I will rather wait now for 5 years and upgrade when we have better display technology OLED or micro LED.

Associate
don’t worry you haven’t missed out I had 2X 27GP950s from Spicy Hut and they didnt impress me over the Dell S2721 DGF..so I returned for full refund. colours crispness of icons and gaming were the same. Only annoying thing about the 27GP950 was that everything was so bloody tiny!- much prefer 1440p 165hz S2721DGF at only £300.

I will rather wait now for 5 years and upgrade when we have better display technology OLED or micro LED.

Is this for PC gaming/usage, I've pre-ordered this monitor for my PS5 and I've only heard good things up until your review

Associate
I too bought it for PS5 and almost every reviewer focusing on that aspect says it's the best of the best in category. You made a good choice.
Is this for PC gaming/usage, I've pre-ordered this monitor for my PS5 and I've only heard good things up until your review

I think for PS5 it’s a no brainer going for the LG as the Dell doesn’t support 1440p on PS5. Just for PC gaming there wasn’t as much an improvement over 1440p for me.

Soldato
Anyone here using this monitor experience random black screen for like a second then display resume like nothing happened.

No event viewer logs or error sounds.

It's only happened while playing games and is happening every day so far.

Associate
For main pc use 4k on 27 is close to retina , probably not the best size for 4k, but it’s all personal choice and how u feel with it, reviews are good and u should be fine

27 inch is optimal for dual monitor set up (which I have), larger size would be too large.

On another note, I don't understand why people are interested in this monitor for their consoles. Consoles are optimized for TVs and there are plenty of OLED 4K 120Hz HDR10+ HDMI 2.1 TVs out there, no PC monitor can match those specs.

Associate
27 inch is optimal for dual monitor set up (which I have), larger size would be too large.

On another note, I don't understand why people are interested in this monitor for their consoles. Consoles are optimized for TVs and there are plenty of OLED 4K 120Hz HDR10+ HDMI 2.1 TVs out there, no PC monitor can match those specs.
My reasoning is that I want a 27" with 120hz and 1ms response time for competitive 1st person shooters, and I play a fair bit of single player action games like God of War, Ratchet and Clank etc which will look good in 4K and one day play some games at 4K @ 120fps so future proofing a little, but also I don't want to move my console from 27" -> TV every time I want to switch from competitive 1st person shooters to single player games.
But to be honest if the PS5 utilised 1440p I'd just get one of those monitors.

Associate
Anyone here using this monitor experience random black screen for like a second then display resume like nothing happened.

No event viewer logs or error sounds.

It's only happened while playing games and is happening every day so far.
I've not seen this behavior so far and clocked in a reasonable amount of hours on it now.

Out of interest does anyone know if this has a service menu with the hours logged data?

Back
Top Bottom