Poll: ** LG 27GP950 AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER NOW - LIMITED AVAILABILITY **

Do you have any black screen issues?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
Right this is just like mine it's so random.

I have a new vesa certified cable coming Thursday to rule out the cable.

You using 160hz mode? It seems to happen more for me in that mode.

Next step for me is turning off Freesync you using amd or nvidia?

I've not overclocked it to 160hz as of yet,

The monitor is using Adaptive-Sync which it's on Extended, I would think that it's using nvidia ( G-Sync ), seeing I'm using an nvidia GPU.

@Lostfaith
Another question do you have all the monitor software install? Display driver etc?

Do you have the USB connected to the pc from a monitor?

I did connect the USB from the PC to monitor and download all the firmware that i could but i don't know if it's been installed to the monitor, and i can't find out how to tell if the monitor has been updated or not.

Soldato
I've not overclocked it to 160hz as of yet,

The monitor is using Adaptive-Sync which it's on Extended, I would think that it's using nvidia ( G-Sync ), seeing I'm using an nvidia GPU.

I did connect the USB from the PC to monitor and download all the firmware that i could but i don't know if it's been installed to the monitor, and i can't find out how to tell if the monitor has been updated or not.

Do you use video sync mode for the lights? And does it ever stop working?

Am going to mess about with a few things tonight and see if I can pin down what is triggering the black screen.

I just find it very strange that it's only happening while playing games

Associate
Do you use video sync mode for the lights? And does it ever stop working?

Am going to mess about with a few things tonight and see if I can pin down what is triggering the black screen.

I just find it very strange that it's only happening while playing games

I don't yet know how to video sync the lights, but they are running on the Peaceful settings, and I've never seen them stop working.

What makes me think that it could be a HDR issue is...
When i had my Xbox Series X connected to my Asus 4K 60hz monitor which doesn't have HDR and i try to play 4K HDR Blu-ray movies, I would get the same black screen for a brief second but it happened about 7 or 8 times during a single movie and from what I've heard, is that the Xbox Series X is trying to force HDR on, even though it's turned off and my Asus monitor doesn't support HDR,

I've played the very same 4K HDR Blu-ray movies on the Series X with the LG 27GP950 monitor and the movies no longer suffer with the black screens, that why I'm thinking maybe HDR issue?.

Soldato
I don't yet know how to video sync the lights, but they are running on the Peaceful settings, and I've never seen them stop working.

What makes me think that it could be a HDR issue is...
When i had my Xbox Series X connected to my Asus 4K 60hz monitor which doesn't have HDR and i try to play 4K HDR Blu-ray movies, I would get the same black screen for a brief second but it happened about 7 or 8 times during a single movie and from what I've heard, is that the Xbox Series X is trying to force HDR on, even though it's turned off and my Asus monitor doesn't support HDR,

I've played the very same 4K HDR Blu-ray movies on the Series X with the LG 27GP950 monitor and the movies no longer suffer with the black screens, that why I'm thinking maybe HDR issue?.

If it'd anything I am not using HDR

Soldato
Sounds like a manufacturing/software flaw on LGs part- wonder whether they rushed it out to market a bit too soon.....

Its still early days for me to say its defo the monitor. I got another cable coming Thursday I have also just turned off Freesync from my second monitor and played two games of League of legends without any issue. I also unplugged the USB to the monitor into another USB 3.0 slot the one I was using was for BIOS flash back on the ASUS motherboards.

Associate
I keep looking at my pre-order with hopeful eyes that it gets dispatched early, alas, it has not :(

Same here. I was also awake last Monday night when Currys had stock, but after trying to add to basket several times decided it was some ѕhitty bug and gave up. Apparently some people haven't and got theirs.

Overall, so happy the world decided to push economic self destruct button that left us with hardware shortages for years to come.

Associate
I'm wondering if the black screen flashing is to do with the energy savings setting..

Maybe im going crazy... but when it happens, does anyone else think that the screen is brighter afterwards?
Pondering the idea that it might be dimming over time to save energy, then resetting in some way.
I'm using the Gamer 2 profile at the moment... maybe that's something that those having the issue have in common?

Soldato
I'm wondering if the black screen flashing is to do with the energy savings setting..

Maybe im going crazy... but when it happens, does anyone else think that the screen is brighter afterwards?
Pondering the idea that it might be dimming over time to save energy, then resetting in some way.
I'm using the Gamer 2 profile at the moment... maybe that's something that those having the issue have in common?

I switched the dimming energy saving setting off other week and it was still happening for me. I for get the name it's something like DFC

But last night I also switched off the auto switch off after set time default 4H

Last night I was able to play two games and also left GTa5 running for 30mins with no issue.

Associate
hmmm I have the auto standby turned off too. I can't see anything like DFC settings. My power settings are just none/low/high pretty much.

Also getting problems where one of my screens seems to have a standby mode and the GP950 only goes to 'off', so after locking my machine and the screens going off... all my windows are shifting to just one of the monitors -_-
This monitor appears to have created a lot of first world problems for me!

Soldato
77 hours worth now, a straight 4/5hrs of gaming (The Wild Eight) and no issues
  • 160Hz
  • Freesync / Gsync enabled
  • HDR off
  • Response Time Fast
  • DAS Mode ON
  • Adaptive-Sync Extended
  • DP 3m cable (Cable Matters ASIN B08637G66P)
  • Game Mode : Gamer 1

Great stuff thank you very much for doing that. Not sure if I have asked you do you have the monitor software install along with the USB connected to PC from monitor?

Associate
Same here. I was also awake last Monday night when Currys had stock, but after trying to add to basket several times decided it was some ѕhitty bug and gave up. Apparently some people haven't and got theirs.

Overall, so happy the world decided to push economic self destruct button that left us with hardware shortages for years to come.

Think its more of a brexit thing for these, rather than a coronavirus thing - plenty of stock in europe for this model, just nothing here.

Associate
Think its more of a brexit thing for these, rather than a coronavirus thing - plenty of stock in europe for this model, just nothing here.

Where exactly in Europe? I monitor other forums, reddit, etc, and people are complaining everywhere around the world including US they can't get their hands on this monitor and every little stock showing up gets wiped out in no time.

Associate
Where exactly in Europe? I monitor other forums, reddit, etc, and people are complaining everywhere around the world including US they can't get their hands on this monitor and every little stock showing up gets wiped out in no time.

My german and dutch friends have had no trouble getting them direct from LG - they have a massive amount of stock (only for NL/DE customers, mind), but none of it seems to have reached our shores.

Associate
77 hours worth now, a straight 4/5hrs of gaming (The Wild Eight) and no issues
  • 160Hz
  • Freesync / Gsync enabled
  • HDR off
  • Response Time Fast
  • DAS Mode ON
  • Adaptive-Sync Extended
  • DP 3m cable (Cable Matters ASIN B08637G66P)
  • Game Mode : Gamer 1

I tried these setting out, been playing Forza Horizon 4 for about 2 hours straight and just now had a brief black screen.

Associate
What’s everyone’s brightness settings with hdr off ? As I’ve tried the suggested brightness at 8 and I’m thinking it’s too dark when normal browsing.
Since day one I’ve had hdr always on, is it best to turn it off and just switch it on when gaming ?

Associate
I tried these setting out, been playing Forza Horizon 4 for about 2 hours straight and just now had a brief black screen.

Seems to warrant a firmware update soon on LGs part- so many on here have had black screens and so did I when playing COD- I ended up returning and sticking to the S2721DGFa.

Hope it gets sorted in the next firmware update.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom