Poll: ** LG 27GP950 AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER NOW - LIMITED AVAILABILITY **

Do you have any black screen issues?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Happened again tonight first time since I put new cable in 1st July :( 7 bloody days I thought it was fixed.

So I am now reading about other users fixing the same issue by increasing the override from Radeon settings voltage swing.

I am running 3m 1.4 display port cable its certified but I wonder if this length of cable is the reason?
I had the same thing on my Dell 24" 1440p screen. Black flashes for a second or two randomly playing games or even on the desktop, I bought a new cable and it's still in the box. I haven't had it happen for months now but I'm not 100% sure what i did that sorted it. I think it's something to do with the power saving feature though as that's what I was fiddling around with last.

Associate
Happened again tonight first time since I put new cable in 1st July :( 7 bloody days I thought it was fixed.

So I am now reading about other users fixing the same issue by increasing the override from Radeon settings voltage swing.

I am running 3m 1.4 display port cable its certified but I wonder if this length of cable is the reason?
Argh :(. My cable is 3m and with the exception of those two black screens in one gaming session has been ok (116 hours now). I do wonder if it was an electrical issue with mine because i do have issues with the local electricity supply. Already deployed a couple of UPS devices around the house on other kit but my gaming rig doesn't have one.

Associate
Associate
Done but think you need to fix whatever the issue is you're having!

https://we.tl/t-jgxTUhRmCh

Is your ISP BT? If so this might be worth a read : https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Fibr...d-protocol/m-p/1998481/highlight/true#M297713
Thankyou again bud,
I am indeed with Bt, will get into the router settings and see what’s going on, it’s must be something regarding the Bt setup on my router as I’ve tried different devices and browsers to download the links from LG and allways get the same message.
I allways turn of parental controls off even though all my kids don’t live at home anymore so I don’t understand why the router is blocking this.

Associate
might be getting somewhere now, contacted bt and they have taken web protect off, and said it will take 2 hours to deactivate, i tried to download the win 10 driver and downloaded straight away, so hopefully i can get this sorted now,

should i unistall all the software that @Sh4rkie kindly provided me with, and download myself or keep the software i already have ?

Associate
might be getting somewhere now, contacted bt and they have taken web protect off, and said it will take 2 hours to deactivate, i tried to download the win 10 driver and downloaded straight away, so hopefully i can get this sorted now,

should i unistall all the software that @Sh4rkie kindly provided me with, and download myself or keep the software i already have ?
You'd be downloading the same software as you already have but it's entirely up to you and at least you'll be able to download new software in the future when released.

Associate
Overall the monitor is amazing. Although a couple of surprising "features" were omitted. No auto-input select, why? I had no idea I took such a basic feature for granted until experiencing a monitor without it. Also has some weird/annoying sleep issues where it loses signal and on wake up everything goes onto the first monitor before the signal on the LG is sent to the PC and recognized.

The weird sleep thing is driving me crazy, I've been scouring around the web for a solution, but there is none so far.
It feels to me like the screen doesn't have a standby mode, it just turns off fully (probably power saving 'feature') and I think that something screwy is going on when you have a second screen that turns on first and isn't the primary screen or if they're initialized at separate times.
Some sites suggested some 'persistent windows' software, but that didn't work for me at all. Along with some registry setting and some 'remove un-used screen from device manager' thing...nothing works so far.

Soldato
The weird sleep thing is driving me crazy, I've been scouring around the web for a solution, but there is none so far.
It feels to me like the screen doesn't have a standby mode, it just turns off fully (probably power saving 'feature') and I think that something screwy is going on when you have a second screen that turns on first and isn't the primary screen or if they're initialized at separate times.
Some sites suggested some 'persistent windows' software, but that didn't work for me at all. Along with some registry setting and some 'remove un-used screen from device manager' thing...nothing works so far.

The older model GN950 just got a firmware update that added any option to turn this off.

I would expect the firmware update will come to this monitor also.

Associate
Still showing “please connect supported monitor”

that’s with the usb connected to one of my LG dual monitors ?

Try unplugging your secondary monitor, I noticed i was getting a similar piece of text, but it seems to go away if I unplug my second screen and restart the software.
I didn't get much difference in the way of results when swapping USB ports around... but maybe im being an idiot. I've got mine stuck into a red/SSD port... assuming that is probably still fine, as all my others are taken up at the back. I can always use a front port if i need to use a blue one to update temporarily.

Associate
Try unplugging your secondary monitor, I noticed i was getting a similar piece of text, but it seems to go away if I unplug my second screen and restart the software.
I didn't get much difference in the way of results when swapping USB ports around... but maybe im being an idiot. I've got mine stuck into a red/SSD port... assuming that is probably still fine, as all my others are taken up at the back. I can always use a front port if i need to use a blue one to update temporarily.

Think I have sorted it out finally, a bit of a ballache but I had to disconnect my second lg monitor to get lg ultragear software to work, just wanted to try out the video sync rgb rather than the static colour.
But to everyone who has helped me, a big thank you.

Associate
Anyone know if the middle of July is next week or the week after, Im buzzing for this pre-order to dispatch

Technically the very middle of July is Thursday the 15th, which is next week. "Mid July" however is ambiguous enough, so it could be next week or the week after.

You're not the only one. This is the first time in 25 years I've ordered already released hardware and have to wait for it for so long. There are no words to describe how frustrated I am about this whole global shortage fiasco.

Associate
Technically the very middle of July is Thursday the 15th, which is next week. "Mid July" however is ambiguous enough, so it could be next week or the week after.

You're not the only one. This is the first time in 25 years I've ordered already released hardware and have to wait for it for so long. There are no words to describe how frustrated I am about this whole global shortage fiasco.

Haha we all in the same boat. Could be anytime from now until end of the month I guess, no dispatch notification yet......

Associate
Hi guys for those looking to purchase this monitor who would like to preorder how do i do so? I added it to my wishlist on the site thanks

You can't. All you can do is watch this thread for when preorders reopen again. If they kept the preorders open all the time, that would create a backlog of months if not years. The situation is that miserable unfortunately.

Associate
Anyone know if the middle of July is next week or the week after, Im buzzing for this pre-order to dispatch

I am so ready for this monitor... putting off start playing RE Village because i want to play it in 4K glory. I have started rearranging my desk trying to figure where to best put it along side my 34 inch LG UW.

Associate
I am so ready for this monitor... putting off start playing RE Village because i want to play it in 4K glory. I have started rearranging my desk trying to figure where to best put it along side my 34 inch LG UW.

I'm also excited for my order to ship. I bought this monitor for my Xbox Series X, but I'm also about to build a PC (once the GPU prices reduce a bit more). This monitor can't come soon enough. At the moment my laptop is connected to a 12 year old ViewSonic TFT 21" monitor for working at home. The panel is starting to degrade, especially where grey colours are displayed. This will be my first adventure into 4K gaming. First game I'll try will definitely be Ori and the will of the Wisps. One of the few games that has a 4K 120Hz mode on Xbox Series X.

Back
Top Bottom