Poll: ** LG 27GP950 AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER NOW - LIMITED AVAILABILITY **

Do you have any black screen issues?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
I just discovered the 32” 4K monitor from ASUS, the PG32UQ, do you guys think it’ll be better than the LG? How much do you think it’ll cost? What’s your preference on 32” 4K vs 27” 4K?

Associate
No honestly everything was smaller on windows so scaling on 4k is a bit weird, but gaming wise Cold War, Forza, Horizon Zero Dawn all looked the same but very slightly sharper thats all.

I even showed my brother for a 2nd pair of eyes and he agreed not worth it for £800 each (so £1600) so got the 27GP850 instead from an EU company for £399 and couldn't tell the difference

Associate
No honestly everything was smaller on windows so scaling on 4k is a bit weird, but gaming wise Cold War, Forza, Horizon Zero Dawn all looked the same but very slightly sharper thats all.

I even showed my brother for a 2nd pair of eyes and he agreed not worth it for £800 so got the 27GP850 instead from an EU company for £399 and couldn't tell the difference

Damn, that’s disappointing, I sold my 1440p ultrawide for 1 of these monitors lol

Soldato
I can 100% see the difference between 2560x1440p vs 4K

I second monitor is my old main 144hz and side by side in games you can definitely see the image quality is much shaper and higher quality of textures pop out more on the 4k display

Going back and forth between the two the 1440p monitor looses that sharpness and detail.

Now if this is worth the money is only personal preference.

For me I have waited a good few years for a monitor of this spec to come to the market that I felt was a worthwhile upgrade and I am not let down tbh

Associate
I can 100% see the difference between 2560x1440p vs 4K

I second monitor is my old main 144hz and side by side in games you can definitely see the image quality is much shaper and higher quality of textures pop out more on the 4k display

Going back and forth between the two the 1440p monitor looses that sharpness and detail.

Now if this is worth the money is only personal preference.

For me I have waited a good few years for a monitor of this spec to come to the market that I felt was a worthwhile upgrade and I am not let down tbh
I’m glad that you appreciate the difference and therefore worth it. Did you sort the black screening issue?

Soldato
I’m glad that you appreciate the difference and therefore worth it. Did you sort the black screening issue?

It looks like I have, and it was a user error on my part.

So I got myself a motor desk and underneath I have tidy up all the cables but this new monitor has a power adapter so I thought it would be great if I just Velcro strap it to the underside of the desk.

Since I have removed this I have not had a single black screen but I don't want to jinx myself just yet.

This all makes sense as to why it was happening only while gaming etc refresh rate changes, pixel changes pushing the display power higher therfore heating up the power adapter.
The black screens also only really happened more on weekends but again I put more time into gaming on weekends so it makes sense I would get heating up of the adapter on them days.

I am about a week without any issues but tbh I have been here before thinking I have fixed it but I am sure i didn't play much games that week.

Associate
Hello to Everyone! Finally I found a thread about this monitor!

So, I am also experiencing short blackouts of the screen, but only at 160Hz mode. Changed DP cable for a 8k@60Hz advertised one, that did not help. Happens only while gaming at higher FPS (~150). While at 144Hz mode have not had a single blackout. Also, while gaming PUBG at 160Hz with fps capped at 155 after each blackout (happens ones each ~30 mins) screen becomes very jittery with constant micro-stutter. Alt-tab, changed to 144Hz then back to 160Hz and I will have another 30 mins of normal gaming before screen turns black for a couple of seconds and back again to a stutter mess. But in other games (3rd Lara Croft, gta5) blackout did not cause a stutter mess. USB plugged-in. Will be trying to pin point what exactly causes blackouts but I think that monitor at OC 160Hz mode is just unstable with current firmware. No second monitor plugged in, radeon 6900 with latest whql driver. Did a clean win10 reinstall before installing this monitor (was also swapping ssd). Installed LG ULTRAGEAR+ DP drivers from the 27GP950's support page.

Soldato
Hello to Everyone! Finally I found a thread about this monitor!

So, I am also experiencing short blackouts of the screen, but only at 160Hz mode. Changed DP cable for a 8k@60Hz advertised one, that did not help. Happens only while gaming at higher FPS (~150). While at 144Hz mode have not had a single blackout. Also, while gaming PUBG at 160Hz with fps capped at 155 after each blackout (happens ones each ~30 mins) screen becomes very jittery with constant micro-stutter. Alt-tab, changed to 144Hz then back to 160Hz and I will have another 30 mins of normal gaming before screen turns black for a couple of seconds and back again to a stutter mess. But in other games (3rd Lara Croft, gta5) blackout did not cause a stutter mess. USB plugged-in. Will be trying to pin point what exactly causes blackouts but I think that monitor at OC 160Hz mode is just unstable with current firmware. No second monitor plugged in, radeon 6900 with latest whql driver. Did a clean win10 reinstall before installing this monitor (was also swapping ssd). Installed LG ULTRAGEAR+ DP drivers from the 27GP950's support page.

Can I ask you where is your monitors power adapter stored?

You are not alone with black screen issues with this monitor.

For me it's not even just high fps that made it happen me playing dark souls 60fps lock I had it happen.

Have a read of my post above on a protenional fix for my issue.

Associate
Hi All
It’s been 1+ month since I placed the Order for the LG 27GP950 at £799.99
£50 over the recommended retail price,
Just and only because they said it will be available mid July,

overclockers charged my bankcard on the same day, Now that mid July has gone and passed I called them a few times only to be told different things, One guy said to me it’s going to be dispatched by end of the week that was last week, another guy says he doesn’t know "could be any time now or next month maybe even next year" he just doesn’t know! but they are happy to charge my account. I’ve got a feeling overclockers haven’t got a clue when stock is arriving and they are making it up as they go along, they are happy to take the money
And invest it somewhere else and they are quite happy to mislead customers,
Because ultimately they don’t have a clue when they will have it back into stock,
And I don’t think they really care as long as customers bankcard has been charged,

So How can they not know when the shipment is due?
Don’t they have manifest and tracking,
please don't use the pandemic as a scapegoat people have died and are dyeing this is a tragedy
so please don't capitalise on that it is vary distasteful to use that as an excuse for delaying tactics, at least currys PC World doesn't take orders for items that is not in stock in there warehouses.

I’m sorry for the rant but I am very much frustrated and I don’t believe overclockers Anymore!
I believe waiting 1+ month without a monitor is unacceptable especially when they are lying to us When they say mid July or due any time and Hesitating to cancel orders seriously?

This is Unethical business practices,

Sorry if I have upset anyone!

I’m gonna take my time in writing up a more constructive review on trust pilot,

Shame on overclockers,

Last edited:
Associate
Just anecdotally, I have a monitor (an ASUS) that black screens occasionally and it all stems from there being a surge of power draw in my house.

What I mean is that if somebody in the house use something intensive, my screen will go black. Just today actually, my brother was using a pressure washer. Every time he squeezed the trigger, boom, black screen.

I'm a complete ignorant noob about electronics and circuits etc to know why this would be (quite possibly my PSU?, or just crappy setup/wiring in my house). Just thought I'd throw my experience in.

Back
Top Bottom