Poll: ** LG 27GP950 AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER NOW - LIMITED AVAILABILITY **

Do you have any black screen issues?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
So it's been since Friday since I last had multiple black screens and I have made 3 changes one I disabled the HDCP on my monitor from Radeon settings I set my second monitor to 60hz even though the second monitor isn't effected by the black screen.

And the last change I made was I had my PC extension cable plugged into one of them Internet plug adapters you using to send an Internet signal around the house by electric wiring.

I read about someone not related to this monitor having the same black screen issue and it turned out the fix for him was power related the monitor for a split second was loosing power now I would still expect to hear the disconnected sound from windows though but if I being honest this might actually be my fix.

All I can do is keep gaming and see it's so bloody random and that is what's frustrating about it.

Soldato
So it's been since Friday since I last had multiple black screens and I have made 3 changes one I disabled the HDCP on my monitor from Radeon settings I set my second monitor to 60hz even though the second monitor isn't effected by the black screen.

And the last change I made was I had my PC extension cable plugged into one of them Internet plug adapters you using to send an Internet signal around the house by electric wiring.

I read about someone not related to this monitor having the same black screen issue and it turned out the fix for him was power related the monitor for a split second was loosing power now I would still expect to hear the disconnected sound from windows though but if I being honest this might actually be my fix.

All I can do is keep gaming and see it's so bloody random and that is what's frustrating about it.

Quote myself

Nope after almost a week it black screened again :( This is so bloody random

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
All I've got ETA wise is "last week of July" into disty so add a few days on to that.

If I hear anything firm I'll update here as always!

Yeah I was just hopeful this is not the case as from Thursday next week I'm not at my home for a week, so I'll have spent £800 for 5 weeks of nothing, I wonder why LG haven't tried to pull their fingers out with allocation considering how popular this is at the price it is

Unfortunately there is a shortage of panels and chips all over the hardware market. Then shipping costs have gone from $5K to $17K a container which factors in as well as forwarders wait for better shipping deals (bigger ships, more bulk, economies of scale, etc.), or so I believe.

Rest assured we at LG, disty and OCUK are working together to get them here as fast as possible. Completely understand your frustration.

Apologies for the wait and I hope you'll love the monitors when you get your hands on them!

Associate
Then shipping costs have gone from $5K to $17K a container which factors in as well as forwarders wait for better shipping deals (bigger ships, more bulk, economies of scale, etc.), or so I believe.

I read about that, apparently not just the Evergiven messing up the Suez but shipping in general has been in a bit of a chaotic state with staffing taking hits due to COVID, demand soaring in general and the types of goods being shipped across the world fluctuating wildly as our lives changed over the course of the last year or so. Also containers returning empty from west to east driving down profits for the shipping companies, who naturally shift the loss on to their customers by way of higher pricing.

Grim times indeed.

Associate
All I've got ETA wise is "last week of July" into disty so add a few days on to that.

If I hear anything firm I'll update here as always!

Unfortunately there is a shortage of panels and chips all over the hardware market. Then shipping costs have gone from $5K to $17K a container which factors in as well as forwarders wait for better shipping deals (bigger ships, more bulk, economies of scale, etc.), or so I believe.

Rest assured we at LG, disty and OCUK are working together to get them here as fast as possible. Completely understand your frustration.

Apologies for the wait and I hope you'll love the monitors when you get your hands on them!
@NikTheSHNIK Thank you for the reply.
If it doesn't arrive next week (19th - 22nd), could I call up and have the delivery address changed as I will be away from the delivery location from the 22nd - 30th, then if it doesn't arrive in the final week of July could I change it back to the original address

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
@NikTheSHNIK Thank you for the reply.
If it doesn't arrive next week (19th - 22nd), could I call up and have the delivery address changed as I will be away from the delivery location from the 22nd - 30th, then if it doesn't arrive in the final week of July could I change it to the original address back

Of course man, just call up sales or drop them a webnote.

Associate
and there you go....

The whole situation is rather crazy right now. Whether it be stock for this monitor or pretty much anything else.

Wonder if this means OC aren't receiving theirs either. Joy of more delays...

its extreamly frustrating for me cause they told me it'd be mid july, and i live in a very very small room so i put my current monitor up for sale on ebay to be sold by mid july and i already have a buyer, so im left with no choice but to give my monitor away to the buyer and wait for god knows how long to get this other one! Why say mid july if its not gonna happen! so frustrating!!

Associate
I messaged the LG UK twitter account before I managed to secure a pre-order, and they said the next scheduled stock for the UK is early August, I dismissed this once I got the pre-order email saying middle of July but its looking like early August is correct

Associate
I messaged the LG UK twitter account before I managed to secure a pre-order, and they said the next scheduled stock for the UK is early August, I dismissed this once I got the pre-order email saying middle of July but its looking like early August is correct

I spoke with a sales person on the phone from overclockers asking if they have any update on the stock and they told me “any day now”

Associate
I spoke with a sales person on the phone from overclockers asking if they have any update on the stock and they told me “any day now”

I really hope so! I placed an order with OC about a month ago when this monitor was saying in stock. Apparently there was a glitch in the system and they didn’t have any stock (but they still took my money :) ). I spoke to them today and they said the last update they have is mid July which isn’t looking too promising! Tempted to go for a Gigabyte!

Associate
Currys PC World website is down for maintenance, potentially scaling up servers to handle traffic for the monitor? Or hopeful thinking? lol

Some overzealous moron admin just nuked this entire thread, half the posts gone that had "swear words" and "competitors" mentioned in them, so I'd be careful mentioning the C word if I were you :D What a load of BS, I'm out of this kinder garden.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom