Poll: ** LG 27GP950 AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER NOW - LIMITED AVAILABILITY **

Do you have any black screen issues?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It’s been 1+ month since I placed the Order for the LG 27GP950 at £799.99
£50 over the recommended retail price,
Just and only because they said it will be available mid July,

overclockers charged my bankcard on the same day, Now that mid July has gone and passed I called them a few times only to be told different things, One guy said to me it’s going to be dispatched by end of the week that was last week, another guy says he doesn’t know "could be any time now or next month maybe even next year" he just doesn’t know! but they are happy to charge my account. I’ve got a feeling overclockers haven’t got a clue when stock is arriving and they are making it up as they go along, they are happy to take the money
And invest it somewhere else and they are quite happy to mislead customers,
Because ultimately they don’t have a clue when they will have it back into stock,
And I don’t think they really care as long as customers bankcard has been charged,

So How can they not know when the shipment is due?
Don’t they have manifest and tracking,

I’m sorry for the rant but I am very much frustrated and I don’t believe overclockers Anymore!
I believe waiting 1+ month without a monitor is unacceptable especially when they are lying to us When they say mid July or due any time and Hesitating to cancel orders seriously?

This is Unethical business practices,

Sorry if I have upset anyone!

I’m gonna take my time in waiting up a more constructive review on trust pilot,

Shame on overclockers,

Very much share your frustration.

Particularly on the upfront payment and overcharging fronts.

Hi All
It’s been 1+ month since I placed the Order for the LG 27GP950 at £799.99
£50 over the recommended retail price,
Just and only because they said it will be available mid July,

overclockers charged my bankcard on the same day, Now that mid July has gone and passed I called them a few times only to be told different things, One guy said to me it’s going to be dispatched by end of the week that was last week, another guy says he doesn’t know "could be any time now or next month maybe even next year" he just doesn’t know! but they are happy to charge my account. I’ve got a feeling overclockers haven’t got a clue when stock is arriving and they are making it up as they go along, they are happy to take the money
And invest it somewhere else and they are quite happy to mislead customers,
Because ultimately they don’t have a clue when they will have it back into stock,
And I don’t think they really care as long as customers bankcard has been charged,

So How can they not know when the shipment is due?
Don’t they have manifest and tracking,
please don't use the pandemic as a scapegoat people have died and are dyeing this is tragedy
so please don't capitalise on that it is distasteful to use that as an excuse.

I’m sorry for the rant but I am very much frustrated and I don’t believe overclockers Anymore!
I believe waiting 1+ month without a monitor is unacceptable especially when they are lying to us When they say mid July or due any time and Hesitating to cancel orders seriously?

This is Unethical business practices,

Sorry if I have upset anyone!

I’m gonna take my time in writing up a more constructive review on trust pilot,

Shame on overclockers,

Luckily or unluckily for me I missed the boat on Pre-order which probably means I'll never get one but, at least the money is in my bank account.

The whole situation with LG monitors appears to be a debacle. LG themselves seem to have absolutely no clue when stock for the 2021 models is arriving in the UK and every time anyone enquires it just seems to be pushed out to the right with respect to ETA. So I have a little sympathy for OCuk. But, not much.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is next year by the time supply is sorted.

I managed to get hold of a PS5 easier than a 2021 PC gaming monitor which says a lot.

I read elsewhere that when the competitor to OCuk got stock in June they only had 10 units? 10!? Seriously? Are LG even producing these models?

hm weird, I too got one from the same place but on their other outlet. Went live at 11pm yesterday with 12 units. Me and one other person got in and the ad was removed. Total fluke as I just did a random search and it popped up. Half expecting it to be cancelled...
Luckily or unluckily for me I missed the boat on Pre-order which probably means I'll never get one but, at least the money is in my bank account.

The whole situation with LG monitors appears to be a debacle. LG themselves seem to have absolutely no clue when stock for the 2021 models is arriving in the UK and every time anyone enquires it just seems to be pushed out to the right with respect to ETA. So I have a little sympathy for OCuk. But, not much.

I managed to get hold of a PS5 easier than a 2021 PC gaming monitor which says a lot.

I read elsewhere that when the competitor to OCuk got stock in June they only had 10 units? 10!? Seriously? Are LG even producing these models?

Yeah, the competitor part is true. It was 12 units though, so much much better than 10..... /s

See:

hm weird, I too got one from the same place but on their other outlet. Went live at 11pm yesterday with 12 units. Me and one other person got in and the ad was removed. Total fluke as I just did a random search and it popped up. Half expecting it to be cancelled...

Can I ask you where is your monitors power adapter stored?

Underneath my table on the floor. Don't think that there might be any substantial heat build-up and I have an AC and room is always 24-25C. But I'll try to monitor the power adapter temperature using... well, a hand, I guess. I think we all should submit tickets to LG, maybe they will notice it. But luckily enough, 144Hz is flawless for me, as I noticed that somebody had blackouts even at 144Hz.

They are producing them, just not sending them to the UK.

So for example, the 27GP850-B has been in stock in the US for over a couple months, now. Every time I've looked at Jeff's US site, it's there in stock ready to buy.

In the EU the same monitor has been in and out of stock for about a month. But the US seems to be having *no* trouble getting this monitor and keeping it in stock.

It's just they aren't sending them to the UK.

I too have contacted LG UK and been told they "have no idea" when the UK will be getting any units.

Is this the Brexit effect? It could be, I guess. Maybe the UK market on its own just isn't worth their time?

I am so close to buying a 43inch (Gigabyte AORUS FV43U) and cancel my order for the GP950. I really want a 4k panel. I need to get out and distract myself. Sorry first world problem.

it's not about being forced, where did you get that silly idea?, I only placed the order and paid the extra £50 premium on top of recommended retail price because OC said we will receive the Monitor by middle of July,
Now OC they are lost for words, and quite frankly vary rude customer service,
Yes indeed I will take my money somewhere else next time, as this is my first and last shopping with OC.

@JediFragger care to point out more of the blatant obvious???

Last edited:
Can I ask you where is your monitors power adapter stored?

You are not alone with black screen issues with this monitor.

For me it's not even just high fps that made it happen me playing dark souls 60fps lock I had it happen.

Have a read of my post above on a protenional fix for my issue.
imo not power brick related and seems unique to certain games or some other combination.

In the past few days i've played;

CS:GO - 5+hrs in a single session, 8 hrs total
Cooking Simulator - 4 hrs single session 6hrs total
Night of the Dead - 1hrs

Had two black screens tonight in Night of the Dead, first within 10 mins of playing, fps at the time circa 40 - 46fps (felt butter smooth on the monitor tho). No issues in the other titles and i've only seen black screens in that one title and clocked in 156hrs total on the monitor now.

Back
Top Bottom