Poll: ** LG 27GP950 AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER NOW - LIMITED AVAILABILITY **

Do you have any black screen issues?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
imo not power brick related and seems unique to certain games or some other combination.

In the past few days i've played;

CS:GO - 5+hrs in a single session, 8 hrs total
Cooking Simulator - 4 hrs single session 6hrs total
Night of the Dead - 1hrs

Had two black screens tonight in Night of the Dead, first within 10 mins of playing, fps at the time circa 40 - 46fps (felt butter smooth on the monitor tho). No issues in the other titles and i've only seen black screens in that one title and clocked in 156hrs total on the monitor now.

Only games I have been playing since I got the monitor is league of legends and dark souls both have had the black screen.
So far since removing the Velcro strap from the power adapter I haven't had any black screens.

Hopefully I have managed to get mine sorted.

Few more things I did do was unplugged the monitor over night and while sorting the power adapter out I unplugged it all and redid the wires.

Associate
Only games I have been playing since I got the monitor is league of legends and dark souls both have had the black screen.
So far since removing the Velcro strap from the power adapter I haven't had any black screens.

Hopefully I have managed to get mine sorted.

Few more things I did do was unplugged the monitor over night and while sorting the power adapter out I unplugged it all and redid the wires.
Fingers crossed and but in my case i'm pretty confident it isn't psu related. My psu has been dangling in midair under my desk since install, so it's not even in contact with any surfaces!

Soldato
Fingers crossed and but in my case i'm pretty confident it isn't psu related. My psu has been dangling in midair under my desk since install, so it's not even in contact with any surfaces!

Yeah that doesn't make me feel good about mine tbh

So far another night without any issues.

This weekend will be a good test I plan on putting a good few hours in tonight.

Either way so meny reports of this issue on here and reddit so the monitor definitely needs a firmware update I just hope it's fixable by update.

Soldato

Either way so meny reports of this issue on here and reddit so the monitor definitely needs a firmware update I just hope it's fixable by update.

Soldato
Associate
Just message LG UK twitter again and their IT Product Demand Planner has confirmed the next shipment to the UK is early August

dont get your hopes up.. i spoke with OC and they said that they have 99 preorders and theyre expecting 80. some people have ordered 2 which is ridiculous that OC has allowed this considering the fact that everyone is suffering from stock issues it should be 1 per customer, so depending on where you are in the queue you may not even get it early august when OC receives shipment! even if you have preordered it!

Associate
dont get your hopes up.. i spoke with OC and they said that they have 99 preorders and theyre expecting 80. some people have ordered 2 which is ridiculous that OC has allowed this considering the fact that everyone is suffering from stock issues it should be 1 per customer, so depending on where you are in the queue you may not even get it early august when OC receives shipment! even if you have preordered it!
I have been okay with everything OCUK have done it's not their fault at the end of the day, but if this is true then that would be a disgrace.

Caporegime
Given what's happening with scalping all throughout the tech world, I agree most things should be limited to 1 per customer.

Otherwise the 2nd, 3rd (etc) units just end up on eBay. You won't stop that but at least you can make it a bit harder :p

Associate
All things suggest an end of July restock, with 160 units available for the whole country of which 80 are reserved.. therefore 80 remain. Good luck haha.

Associate

Believe me, i hope i'm wrong :)

Associate
Underneath my table on the floor. Don't think that there might be any substantial heat build-up and I have an AC and room is always 24-25C. But I'll try to monitor the power adapter temperature using... well, a hand, I guess. I think we all should submit tickets to LG, maybe they will notice it. But luckily enough, 144Hz is flawless for me, as I noticed that somebody had blackouts even at 144Hz.

Continuing the screen blackout issue investigation, I can confirm that it happens only at 160Hz mode, irrespective of the game, but +120fps is required with freesync ON. This was checked, when freesync is off via radeon settings then no blackouts occur for me. Cable does not matter. The presence of USB cable also does not matter. I'll disable OC for now until LG releases a newer firmware, this one (3.02, 6.04) is unstable at 160Hz. As to the power adapter it is slightly warm all the time, cannot be an issue with it.

Associate
Continuing the screen blackout issue investigation, I can confirm that it happens only at 160Hz mode, irrespective of the game, but +120fps is required with freesync ON. This was checked, when freesync is off via radeon settings then no blackouts occur for me. Cable does not matter. The presence of USB cable also does not matter. I'll disable OC for now until LG releases a newer firmware, this one (3.02, 6.04) is unstable at 160Hz. As to the power adapter it is slightly warm all the time, cannot be an issue with it.

not 100%
I play on a 1080ti which can only do 120hz and still get the same problem, on "gsync compatible". Which makes me think that this issue is something to do with the Gsync/freesync feature.
I reckon that its whilst you are outside of the g/freesync range when the issue happens... EG, if you're within the G/freesync refresh rate range, it'll happen. if you're under 30 fps or over 160hz or whatever the range is... it'll happen.

exceptions being if vsync is on, IE on desktop... it wont happen.
as i play a lot of older games, so i run 4k120hz, but run over the 120hz range with gsync comptible on... i get the issue. I reckon if the games were under 120hz, i think i wouldn't get the issue.

thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom