LG CX (C10) OLED 2020 Thread

Soldato
Is there any extra preventative measures I should take regarding screen burn on my 65" C1?

Is there anything else I should sort on the set up? Pretty much running it all stock and returning the audio EARC direct to my amp.

IeI0Rq0.jpeg

m1XuEaT.jpeg

Caporegime
Within reason (price wise) is adding a sound bar a good idea? If so what does everyone favour
Google soundbar reviews it will tell you the best options at the various pricepoints.

Is there any extra preventative measures I should take regarding screen burn on my 65" C1?
You can darken logos and set a screensaver for a short period of inactivity, but screen burn should not be a concern on modern OLED TV's.

Associate

Is there anything else I should sort on the set up? Pretty much running it all stock and returning the audio EARC direct to my amp.

My 65CX has been on 10 hours a day for a year, I use it as a monitor, zero issues.

Soldato
Better!

We're at the point of having 3-4 very long running LG OLED threads spread across the monitor and TV subforums, interestingly lots of people seem to only read one, meaning they ask questions answered in others. Wonder if it's worth starting a dedicated "OLED as a full time monitor" thread...

Link works fine.
Link works fine but goes to the wrong post, instead landing on a completely irrelevant one from several years before the CX came out. I beg your forgiveness.

Pay attention man :D

Soldato
yupp, link was borked :D

what's your thoughts on the C1 in that room during the day? still have a Panasonic plasma sitting 90deg to a south facing window...it's almost like one of those 'what do you see' pictures, ie if you focus on the reflections that's all you'll see but still watchable if you can can (try to) ignore the reflections....

Soldato
yupp, link was borked :D

what's your thoughts on the C1 in that room during the day? still have a Panasonic plasma sitting 90deg to a south facing window...it's almost like one of those 'what do you see' pictures, ie if you focus on the reflections that's all you'll see but still watchable if you can can (try to) ignore the reflections....

Its very reflective but nothing directly onto it so still watchable tbh.

Mind you i spend most my time watching it in the evening (until the bright nights come!). Should be fine

Associate

IeI0Rq0.jpeg

m1XuEaT.jpeg

Nice setup:)pets and oled no thanks not for me, but your Livingroom is nice too

Soldato

IeI0Rq0.jpeg

m1XuEaT.jpeg

Follow a few recommended settings, there are quite a few things to change. Don't use vivid, for example.

Also

Get curtains, and block out skylight
Use rugs
Get more soft furniture to break up "bathroom clappy sound"
Get a second sub
Raise Center, remove from inside stand.

Soldato
Follow a few recommended settings, there are quite a few things to change. Don't use vivid, for example.

Also

Get curtains, and block out skylight
Use rugs
Get more soft furniture to break up "bathroom clappy sound"
Get a second sub
Raise Center, remove from inside stand.

I don't need (or want) curtains, it's North facing bifolds (so no direct light in) and I tend to watch TV in the evenings.

I appreciate acoustically that might not be ideal but this room is open plan and also connected to another office/kitchen, it's never going to be a "cinema" space.

One sub is plenty for me. Got a bk xls400:eek:

Soldato
I don't need (or want) curtains, it's North facing bifolds (so no direct light in) and I tend to watch TV in the evenings.

I appreciate acoustically that might not be ideal but this room is open plan and also connected to another office/kitchen, it's never going to be a "cinema" space.

One sub is plenty for me. Got a bk xls400:eek:

That's "only" a sealed, 12" 400w amp sub. It's a good sub, it has limitations though. For movies ,.big room and open plan you probably need something meatier.

With reflective surfaces it'll sound like a bathroom, clap your hands is there echo?

Soldato
That's "only" a sealed, 12" 400w amp sub. It's a good sub, it has limitations though. For movies ,.big room and open plan you probably need something meatier.

With reflective surfaces it'll sound like a bathroom, clap your hands is there echo?

Nah its not bad for echo. I'm not going to do the "treatment" of the room like foam pads on the wall etc. I just wanted a decent TV set up that isn't too much visual impact on a family room.

Im sure it's not the most optimal audio set up but a nice room to be in (old pics /before cleaned etc!)

nnlw1Zv.jpeg

S8ZS0Ux.jpeg

Soldato
Nah its not bad for echo. I'm not going to do the "treatment" of the room like foam pads on the wall etc. I just wanted a decent TV set up that isn't too much visual impact on a family room.

Im sure it's not the most optimal audio set up but a nice room to be in (old pics /before cleaned etc!)

nnlw1Zv.jpeg

S8ZS0Ux.jpeg
Every house is a compromise, just live with it. Also I've noticed hornet stinger does tend to recommend very expensive subs:cry:.

Back
Top Bottom