LG OLED 2022 Thread - A2, B2, C2, G2

Soldato
Yep limited size makes it a no go, but QD-OLED will defo be the future tech. That plus seems lots are getting the 77" through that programme it seems which makes it really amazing for the price even if there was a QD-OLED was around in 77" mark at what would be its normal MSRP would opt for the WOLED tbh.

Rather grab the 77" this year, let things flesh out a few years on QD-OLED size and bigger sizes then grab that. That and TBH even WOLED is still very nice in terms of picture quality, even if its not then end all.

Soldato
I don't think it supports DV but then I can't think of a monitor that does.

Edit- A couple of Asus monitors do and so does the Apple mega expensive jobbie.

is the lack of Dolby vision a windows problem or Samsung panel problem?

i suppose it doesn't really matter. Vincent from hdtv test says Dolby vision gaming in many cases is inferior to static hdr10 for some reason many games just don't work well with it and While Dolby vision is fantastic for movies I can't see many people watching movies at their desks

Caporegime
OP
Yeah expect it's a licensing thing. I wouldn't want to pay extra for it on a PC monitor.

No, it's not really needed on a gaming monitor.

Sony QD-OLED TVs have Dolby Vision, so for movies that would be my preference.

I have an 83" Sony A90J OLED that's soley for movie and TV watching. The 77" LG G2 OLED will be mainly for PC and PS5 gaming.

Associate
No, it's not really needed on a gaming monitor.

Sony QD-OLED TVs have Dolby Vision, so for movies that would be my preference.

I have an 83" Sony A90J OLED that's soley for movie and TV watching. The 77" LG G2 OLED will be mainly for PC and PS5 gaming.
It will be interesting to see how the 77”G2 compares to your A90J

Soldato
Some Sony QD-OLED reviews out

Whats up with the off axis image quality? LG OLED has none of these issues

C1 on the left and QD-OLED on right

Here is both screens straight on, they look nearly identical, QD-OLED slightly brighter

Screenshot-2022-04-18-100113.png

And here is off-axis on the QD-OLED. Its like the QD-OLED becomes "whiter" as you go off axis, the yellow lemons in the image start turning white, reflections on the screen become more visible and blacks start turning grey

Soldato
Possibly the reflective coating they use? Someone in QD OLED put a video on of reflections at angles. To be fair though I imagine in most cases most people are not sitting off at such angles and new WOLEDs come with there own issues like pink tint at angles.

Soldato
Some Sony QD-OLED reviews out

Whats up with the off axis image quality? LG OLED has none of these issues

C1 on the left and QD-OLED on right

Here is both screens straight on, they look nearly identical, QD-OLED slightly brighter

Screenshot-2022-04-18-100113.png

And here is off-axis on the QD-OLED. Its like the QD-OLED becomes "whiter" as you go off axis, the yellow lemons in the image start turning white, reflections on the screen become more visible and blacks start turning grey

The off axis pink tint is horrible on the WOLED, what your seeing there is because of top emission display

Soldato
The off-angle thing with huge and very expensive TV's always make me laugh, I mean who seriously spends anything from 1.5K to "think of a number" on a top of the range TV and then proceeds to watch it at anything like the angles shown in the pictures above?

:cry:

If you are then you've just wasted your money anyway!

;)

Soldato
Agreed, odd, who really sits at such off angles day to day. If your dropping couple of bags on these TV's, properly accommodate them in your room and or mount to angle it so your not sitting at crazy off axis angles.

On point of the WLOED, I know most may turn off AI processing and what have your as its not "creators intent" and tbh prior gens have been meh on it, but do recommend people to give it a try this gen along with DTM. Have found it does really work well on my C2 in actually improving things with content I have watched on my C2 thus far.

Caporegime
OP
Have a look on AVS quite a few owners now on there as the Samsung has been available for almost a week now, and it’s blowing everything out of the water, can’t wait to see what the Sony brings (especially with that processing and scaling) I actually have one on order

Vincent Teoh imported one and it seems there are some negatives too it.

Negatives below:

1) peak brightness hits 1600 but only for a short time, and then ramps down to a baseline of 1050. After a while though it struggles to even hit that and drops down as low as 620 nits.

2) You can't disable tone mapping when using HGIG mode, so it's (currently) not great for HDR gaming. This could likely be solved with a firmware update though.

3) Samsung's pixel shifter needs work as it noticeably shifts the picture.

4) Apparently the screen is very reflective.

Soldato
Vincent Teoh imported one and it seems there are some negatives too it.

1) peak brightness hits 1600 but only for a short time, and then ramps down to a baseline of 1050. After a while though it struggles to even hit that and drops down as low as 620 nits.

2) You can't disable tone mapping when using HGIG mode, so it's (currently) not great for HDR gaming. This could likely be solved with a firmware update though.

3) Apparently the screen is very reflective.
So still constantly brighter than any WOLED out there especially full field and peak, don’t game on my tv(have a 48C1 for that) so that doesn’t bother me and every OLED I have came across is reflective as hell so par for the course.
Still nothing for me to worry about(will see proper when Vincent’s review comes out), and no pink tint on white screens and no near black uniformity problems, winner, winner chicken dinner for me.

Soldato
The off-angle thing with huge and very expensive TV's always make me laugh, I mean who seriously spends anything from 1.5K to "think of a number" on a top of the range TV and then proceeds to watch it at anything like the angles shown in the pictures above?

:cry:

If you are then you've just wasted your money anyway!

;)

People who puts TVs in their lounge

Back
Top Bottom