Log of Peace - My Aesthetic Journey to The Peak of Mt. Olympus

Not feeling well at all today. inb4 norovirus.

As the week is going to be turned on its head due to the meet i decided to keep it nice and simple today

Deadlifts 60kg 8 100kg 5 120kg 5x5 - hard as ****! This took me forever. Slight tightness just above right glute. Came and went throughout...
Bench 60kg 8 80kg 5x5 - Spotter helped on last rep of last set, it just wasn't going up.
Cable flys 30kg 3x8

Stretching and some core

Last set of DLs

nigripls
6lSP4.jpg

Strong updates bro...

So last Tuesday i did legs + shoulders, nothing noteworthy to report. Had Wednesday and Thursday off, down to train with monkee and steedie on Friday where we had an awesome shoulders + biceps session. Got an absolutely sickening pump but unfortunately the calling of dominos and 300 meant we never took any pics :(

Saturday was the meet where i didn't actually do much lifting because my back is kinda screwed (again) right now. Did 80kg bench for 9 reps pretty easy, hit a new bench PB of 100kg, again pretty easy. 16 BW chins and 28 BW dips. Then a side dish of rape from Icecold loosening up all kinds of muscles before heading off for Nandos (yes it hurt as much as it looks like)
Z8zsV.jpg
All in all a strong weekend.

Chest today and i still had some mad doms in my shoulders which never helps. Left elbow also feeling rough. (body, y u such a piece of ****?) :mad:

Bench 60kg 8 85kg 8 6 6 70kg 8
Inc DB 30kg 8 8 8
Cable Fly 23kg 8 8 8

Biceps/10

Time to step it back up and make sure i hit my macros so i'll be adding stuff up where possible for a bit.

uQo0q.gif

I've got some stuff to recommend for your shoulders/pecs/thoracic spine, but I'm also busy as ****. If I don't post it by Friday remind me.

Ready to make aaaaallllll kinds of gains
fdt7Q.jpg

Back still feels like 'spreadable cheese' which doesn't provide much in the way of motivation for a leg workout. Did some 60kg squats which felt ok but you never know, few sets of 120kg leg press and 3x8 15kg split squats. + leg extensions and calves. Then dips (which is probably what knackered my elbow at the meet) at BW and +15kg then pulldowns. Not a strong workout :x

Now to figure out how i'm going to fit 40 hours a day of mobility into my schedule.

aCjit.png

It's hard to put into words just how much i enjoy training shoulders, even if they do feel on the verge of snap city half the time.

Possible repost but this song is just so aesthetic

DB Press 30kg 8 8 6 - After doing ohp for a few weeks this felt amazing
Arnold press 20kg 8 8 8
DB Shrugs 40kg 8 8 8 - ;) Standing beneath a spotlight hnnnnnnnnnnng
Face pulls ~50kg 10 10 10
Side+front cable raises 14kg 12 12 12

I feel like i've been neglecting y'all

p1lxo.jpg
PYuyv.jpg
xxETd.jpg
N8k4v.jpg.png
LIs6O.jpg

Keep forgetting what I was going to post as I scroll past the spoiler tag :(

Strong DB press!

How are your pecs?

It's time to get to work with your delicious new band :)

ALL of the stretches in the OP of the mobility thread. Treat it as an exercise in learning where you're tight and how to get a stretch in your restricted bits.

Next, thoracic spine time. Much easier to get some movement going on when you've loosened up pecs and lats.

Acquire mobility cylinder (tm) (eg stiff foam roller, full coke bottle, etc.) and perform some extensions over it while keeping your abs and glutes fully on. There should be loads of videos on the webs for this (mwod guy certainly has some). Try to get rotation in there as well, and apply some pressure to your ribs to get them moving. Putting your arms overhead can help with leverage.

Stretch lats and pecs again.

Next time, moar.

Pecs are good. That whole area still feels quite nice.

I've done a bit with the band so far, 5 way shoulder (other than the overhead one, gonna have to do that in the gym) and some hip stuff. The green does feel a bit strong but i'm sure i'll work into it when i stop being quite so weak in all none weight lifting movements.

It's hard to figure out what exactly i'm looking for in the 'hanging out' bits though. Similar to soft tissue work i guess?

I've done the thoracic spine one a bit before although obviously not very effectively :(

moar everything.

Oh and i've got a nice click going on around the bottom of my left scap if i hold my arm rests and put my shoulders right back and down. I can imagine your face as i say this :D

Fuark 14k no life pls

Last edited:
Oh and i've got a nice click going on around the bottom of my left scap if i hold my arm rests and put my shoulders right back and down. I can imagine your face as i say this :D
That's not actually bad, it's probably just a rib being gay. Lean on it with mobility cylinder and extend/move your arm around on that side.

You need to work on your t-spine every day. Literally. I now give mine a quick 2 min pass on the way to shower, along with a bit of pec stretching.

Hanging out bits? You mean when Kelly talks about hanging out in certain stretch positions? That just means that you're looking to find your restrictions and focus on them, so that you accumulate minutes of stretching in the most important places.

Alright will do. I do my hip flexors/quads every day and i've seen pretty big payoffs with that, you would probably have cried if you saw my APT a year ago :D So yes, daily now.

inb4 supple leopard

It's because Skill's shoulders are supported by all of his various snaps.

60% of his body mass appears to be some form of snap.

Science?

Back
Top Bottom