LTT called out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Have you seen their Prime Minister? It's a wonder they have time outside of their drum circle!

Oh you mean Castro junior ? Yeah he's a nut job.

Yes rob, did you marry Sherpa who taught you the ways climbing out of basements hence why your an expert on the subject.

No that was me and she was from Tibet. So much yakking. Much hair, Many fun times.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Aside from some minor data errors GN doesn't have much in the way of harmful slip ups to use against them - though it doesn't really make sense for Steve to be so reluctant to correct them/apologise as most of his audience would then be "anyway" and the detractors left with nothing.

Man of Honour
There's an audio recording that's now appeared (apparently from December 9th 2021, that's shortly after Madison left LTT.) of a compulsory HR and sexual harassment meeting hosted by Linus with what sounds like many of the team, and naturally someone makes a joke. Evidently Linus is standing on a table to make the comments and one of the writers (James Strieb) asks "You gonna dance on that table, or just stand on it?"

[edit] Apparently, the recording first appeared about 6 months ago, and it was pretty much ignored. Slightly different now.

Last edited:
Soldato
There's an audio recording that's now appeared (apparently from December 9th 2021, that's shortly after Madison left LTT.) of a compulsory HR and sexual harassment meeting meeting hosted by Linus with what sounds like many of the team, and naturally someone makes a joke. Evidently Linus is standing on a table to make the comments and one of the writers (James Strieb) asks "You gonna dance on that table, or just stand on it?"

[edit] Apparently, the recording first appeared about 6 months ago, and it was pretty much ignored. Slightly different now.

If I was a woman and worked at LTT/LMG I'd pack my bags and get out of there, If the Blizzard fiasco taught us anything it's that once the geek squad gets power it tends to get very grabby with women because of decades of zero interaction with women due to usually being very physically repugnant.

Last edited:
Soldato
I tend to ignore these channels until something new and that I might want to purchase comes out so this drama passed me by but damn! I just watched the GN video and they didn't hold back. Its clear as day that Linus has just been chasing the $ and standards have gone in the bin. The reply from Linus posted on page 3 is pretty arrogant, to still try to defend the Billet Labs video and what he said on the Wan Show is just wrong and shows he needs someone close to him to give a slap, he clearly has let the subscriber number and $ go to his head, he needs knocking down a peg or 2. I've not watched the video he's just released yet but I'd hope he has reflected on this and realise he has badly ****** up.

Man of Honour
Someone has stuck the recording on twitter, so...

And someone has transcribed it too.

Transcription if you're having trouble hearing:

(speaker 1, Linus) So we called this meeting because it's come to our attention that we need to have a quick chat about the best way to handle HR related feedback and rumors. We won't be giving any names for what I hope are extraordinarily obvious reasons, but what we can do is give you the following guidelines for problem solving and conflict resolution.

Sorry that this is all boring and corporate, but here we are. Number one, always stand up for what's right. We're only a team as long as we're all working together and working for each other. That's the most important one. Number two, always reflect on your own personal experiences and use your common sense. Few things in life are truly black and white. Number three, always wait to hear both sides of a story before passing your own judgment. Be cautious when you know that one side is bound by legal and ethical disclosure guidelines, when the other is not. Carefully consider what it says about the character of someone who would engage in that type of gossip against someone who has no power to defend themselves.

Number four, always encourage openness and transparency. If you have a problem, you need to speak up. We want to fix it. If you receive feedback about somebody else at this company, the first response is, have you spoken with this person? Followed closely by, you need to speak with this person. We don't solve interpersonal issues here, or really anywhere in your life, if you wish to live in a drama free zone, by engaging in water cooler politicking. So, if for any reason that individual is not comfortable approaching the person they're having a conflict with, we have a chain that they're supposed to follow.

So first, you advise them to take the problem to their manager. Followed by me or Yvonne, followed by our third party HR firm. I hope that you all trust that we're here to make this a safe, fun, and productive workplace, and we won't tolerate mistreatment of any of our team members.

If you have any reason to believe otherwise, then I refer you again to point number four, which is to address the issue with the individual directly, or bring it to me or Yvonne, or bring it to our third party HR firm. Since I'm not at liberty to share any details about what occurred, uh, all I can do is ask that you trust me and Yvonne.

Um, some of you know us very well, I've been here a very long time, um, some of you have not been here for as long, but I like to think that whether you've been here for nine years or nine days, you're here for a reason and you believe that we are utmost to run this company with integrity and compassion.

Um, We can't solve problems we don't know about though, so on that note, I'd like to invite anyone who has concerns about a fellow team member or about a manager to submit their feedback either by speaking with their manager, me or Yvonne directly, or if you would prefer to provide your feedback anonymously, we have an option for that as well.

It's the manager and co worker feedback form. Uh, Yvonne, if you're not aware of it, show of hands who is not aware of it. Hey, a lot of people aren't aware of it. Good, so now we all know. There's an anonymous form, if for whatever reason you're not comfortable, (inaudible) you can talk to me or Yvonne directly about it (inaudible) in the general chat.

It's a safe space to provide us ideas for improvement, or if you're consumed by the holiday spirit and you want to say nice things, you can do that too. Does anybody else have any questions?

Not a single questions? Wow, that must have been a really good speech.

(speaker 2, James)You gonna dance on that table, or just stand on it?

(speaker 1, Linus)That's it! So, um, Yvonne, did you have anything you wanted to add?

(speaker 3, Yvonne)(inaudible) Somebody said (inaudible) if you guys want to sanitize your hands, help yourself with free (inaudible)?

(speaker 1, Linus)Yeah, that was actually just totally random timing. It came up the stairs a moment ago. Dennis is on it. Alright. Thank you everyone. Have a wonderful and, uh, productive rest of your day. And weekend.

Soldato
LTT has a video literally got every head of whatever saying XYZ.

Pretty much a validation of GN’s criticism. But then Linus close the video and still unapologetic.

I very much doubt anything will change at LMG and their content.

Last edited:
Soldato
Expilicty stating, just my opinion.

I don't think Linus is the devil but do think as has been confirmed in the apology video that they need to slow down to get things accurate - otherwise the whole LTT Labs content is useless so I hope they improve this.

The apology video, never going to please everyone, their 'sponsorship' content is just them trying to relate to their current audience. There will never a way to please everyone.

I feel they have addressed the Gamers Nexus complaints regarding inaccuracies in this apology - hopefully going forward this will improve as I have certainly noticed the 'amendments' frequently appearing and hope they do better.

Madison - Much more complicated, accusations without any proof. Proof will not necessarily be available if it is all verbal. But I will not lie, working remotely for the last 3 years the 'amount' of work seems to me that a young woman was just not prepared for an actual job that you are paid for. The sexural harassment aspects do need to be investigated further but needs to actually be verified as you can literally say anything but you do need evidence. As otherwise it is just he-says she said. If someone sent her an email saying 'im sorry regarding xyz' Would you not send that to your own email?

Last edited:

Klo

Klo

Soldato
LTT has a video literally got every head of whatever saying XYZ.

Pretty much a validation of GN’s criticism. But then Linus close the video and still unapologetic.

I very much doubt anything will change at LMG and their content.
He might not have been prostrating himself like some on the internet want, but he apologised.

Last edited:
Associate
Not sure if it has been posted yet.

28VreuI.jpeg

Soldato
Someone has stuck the recording on twitter, so...

And someone has transcribed it too.

That video alone shows the serious issues LMG has

The fact that Linus and Yvonne are also the HR managers, and the fact that Linus's/HR's policy is that if someone has done something to you, you should go talk to that person and sort it out before you bother HR and HR will just tell you to sort it yourself anyway

So if if you are being bullied at work it's your responsibility to sort it out yourself with the bully according to Linus. And if you do complain to Linus, there is the potential conflict of interest because he is also your boss and also the boss and friend of the person you claim is a bully, which is going to put older staff and friends of Linus is a strong position of power over other employees

Last edited:
Soldato
I dont trust that Madison. Was quiet all this time but then linus boasted about his 100 mill cash and now she trying to get some?

Also gamers nexus and hub gonna have to watch their backs, wont be surprised if linus has hired someone to keep an eye on their videos for some slip ups for a counter attack.
Can see this ending up in boxing ring. Whos your cash gonna be riding on?
I don't know what to make of the Madison case. It could be 100% true, or she could have been totally out of her depth in the job, and is now looking for some free money, or it could be somewhere in between. I hope it's investigated properly though, and changes made where needed. It's not acceptable that a company like LTT would be on their high-horse shouting about Activision Bizzard staff treatment during shows, whilst doing similar things to their own female team members.

I don't think it'd be worth trying to put out a retaliation piece against either of these channels, because it would just make LTT look petty and HUB/GN would just come out and hold their hands up to any errors that had been pointed out. Seems to me the whole thing started due to that employee calling out the test results of other channels, triggering the nuclear approach from GN.

Soldato
The fact that Linus and Yvonne are also the HR managers, and the fact that Linus's/HR's policy is that if someone has done something to you, you should go talk to that person and sort it out before you bother HR and HR will just tell you to sort it yourself anyway
That isn't what linus said in that audio at all.

Soldato
IN which case, how do we know his FD isn't the one that suggested getting someone new in and him taking a sideway step because this has been coming, and was seen coming over the hill?
Come on man I'm sure she would have told his wife straight away if it was Linus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom