Magners Cider... *drool*

Soldato
There is an English Bulmers which is not the same as the Irish one. For Irish Bulmers get Magners over here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulmers

That's just a company though isn't it, not a specific cider?

They make "Bulmers Original" which surely is
180px-BULMERSLOGO.gif
that, which is the same label as Magners but with "Bulmers" written on?

I dunno man the whole things confusing. I think someone needs to email the company who makes these ciders and get it cleared up :p

Soldato
Read the first line in that article.

This article is about the English brand of cider. For the Irish brand of the same name, also known as Magners, see Bulmers (Republic of Ireland).

Soldato
Yeah I'm just saying - the English one lists "Bulmers Original" under their brands, too. So I thought they made Bulmers (and therfor Magners also) and Strongbow...

But that might be where my confusion began :p Is there a photo somewhere of this other "Bulmers Original" that isn't the Magners label re-named?

Man of Honour
I'm pretty sure magners and bulmers is the same. The ones with very similar labels. However I understand there's an English bulmers which is diffrent.

Associate
Magner > Bulmers

Although if you like cider please try some pear koppaberg. Thats the nicest your likely to get in a pub and is getting more widespread :). They do apple, berry and non alcoholic pear aswell but the NA stuff you can really taste the sugar.

Soldato
Yeah, "Magners" is the English version of "Bulmers". The drink called "Bulmers" is only the same as "Magners" if it's got the three 'beehive' like things on the label which looks very similar to Magners'.

If you're looking at a bottle of "Bulmers" with "H B(?) Bulmers" scribbled on it (signature, like) it's a completely different drink to Magners/Bulmers Irish.

Confusingly, both are called "Bulmers Original" too.

"H B Bulmers" makes strongbow & English Bulmers Original. "CandC Group Plc" make irish Bulmers Original/Magners. From what the intarweb can tell me, anyway :p

What an informative trip to Tesco that was :p I bought Strongbow though... :(

Caporegime
OP
Ok after last night I have reached the following conclusions:

*Cider hangovers, while not pleasant, are not as bad as beer.

*After drinking them side-bu-side Bulmers Original does NOT taste the same as Magners it is noticeably different... it has a different tang to it, an element of spice, a weaker taste and colour. It's not as nice, basically.

*Mahoneys was actually damn nice... I preferred it to Bulmers.

*I am now a cider man.

:)

Soldato
I want to try some! Might go to the pub tonight. Im a bitter man myself, only tried strongbow once and I wanted to spit it out but some strongbow employed (rather pretty) girl gave it me free on holiday years back so I refrained.

Soldato
Any kind of Pear cider seems to be very similar to Magners, basically Magners have managed to get apple cider close to the taste of a pear cider in its smoothness, pear cider is the future!!! Says he just having spent 20 quid on 15 bottles.

Back
Top Bottom