• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Major issue with computer build i9 7900x. Help appreciated: SOLVED

Soldato
Yes i was using the one that came with the psu. I have not changed the fuse nor tried another cable.
Yes i was using a multi way extension. When i did the paper clip test i plugged the psu directly to a different socket

I would strongly recommend trying another cable, I assume that you have one? If not then you can't really test the PSU, even with a tester since you cannot rule out the first link in the chain.

The if the PSU is not turning on, and the system fans are not spinning would indicate there is no power coming out of the PSU. If you have a DVM you could check the output coming from the cable, see if you are getting 230v AC, then change the fuse if not. After which, you would then test the PSU again while not connected to your PC equipment. If you can just connect a single fan to a molex connector, or use again the DVM if you have one to check the output of the 12v 8-pin, and the 3v3, 5v and 12v on the 24-pin

You can never supply enough information when you are describing a problem, as everything you have done and the outcome of which will lead to a different diagnosis and suggestion.

Associate
OP
I would strongly recommend trying another cable, I assume that you have one? If not then you can't really test the PSU, even with a tester since you cannot rule out the first link in the chain.

The if the PSU is not turning on, and the system fans are not spinning would indicate there is no power coming out of the PSU. If you have a DVM you could check the output coming from the cable, see if you are getting 230v AC, then change the fuse if not. After which, you would then test the PSU again while not connected to your PC equipment. If you can just connect a single fan to a molex connector, or use again the DVM if you have one to check the output of the 12v 8-pin, and the 3v3, 5v and 12v on the 24-pin

You can never supply enough information when you are describing a problem, as everything you have done and the outcome of which will lead to a different diagnosis and suggestion.

You are right.

I don't have all the equipment nor the expertise. Tomorrow i'll just receive the psu tester and
on monday i will take it to a computer reair shop for a diagnosis.

Associate
Most likely the psu is dead. Ive had brand new PSU fail no matter how good a brand you think they are.

That load you put on the system while flashing isnt much as on my x299 system during a reboot it only consumes around 150watts
(I have mine plugged in a power meter).

It doesnt go 100% max as another poster suggested even with Prime 95 that PSU wouldnt break a sweat.

To get as high as 750Watts you would have had to have over clocked that CPU to 4.6+GHz maxed it out & been gaming in max res with all the features turned on.

Seasonics normally come with 10 year warrantys, mine does (Focus+ FX Gold) so you should be OK.

Soldato
The PSUs runs in passive mode until you hit about 30% load. So you'll have to put some load on to get the fan to move. The PSU is probably fine.

Associate
OP
The PSUs runs in passive mode until you hit about 30% load. So you'll have to put some load on to get the fan to move. The PSU is probably fine.

This one has two modes. Normal and hybrid.
Normal mode is supposed to have the fan spinning always.
I've tried both modes.

Associate
OP
Hello guys.

I received the psu tester and i just confrimed the psu is gone.

No signal at all.

Would this be covered by the psu warranty.?

Soldato
Hello guys.

I received the psu tester and i just confrimed the psu is gone.

No signal at all.

Would this be covered by the psu warranty.?

This covered by a normal retail warranty. Parts aren't allowed to break within a few months. The PSU warranty is irrelevant unless you are outside of the statutory warranty.

Associate
OP
Sorry about my ignorance.

Would they still cover the product after the cause of the issue is
apparently a power surge?

Associate
OP
I tried again with another psu cable from wall to psu and no signal.

I also tried the psu tester with a 500w psu from a friend and it works properly.

I have access to the 500W power supply but i dont think it is a good
idea to use it to test my rig right?

Soldato
I tried again with another psu cable from wall to psu and no signal.

I also tried the psu tester with a 500w psu from a friend and it works properly.

I have access to the 500W power supply but i dont think it is a good
idea to use it to test my rig right?

What power supply is It?

Back
Top Bottom