Marvel Vs Capcom 3

GGs Art, had not played for a few days (trying Rift out) and was finding it a bit of a mission to block at first, still got caught out by the shorts towards the end though.

I hate Wolverine! Went into training and got the j.h loop as Magneto down again now...I think, just need to do it against you in a real match. ;>

his wolverine is indeed very annoying. that double dive kick that he does is very cheap and its a easy hit confirm for him to do a minimum 40% combo. he moves very fast and he goes though fireballs.

anyway rant over. i think i might try x23 to continue my search for the final character in my team. she looks nice and has some cheap stuff that even i might be able to put off and abuse.

i think i was lacking a bit of damage with zero to put fear into my opponent like hulk does, because i cant combo into my hyper all the time. i think i can do more damage with x23 especially i can dhc her hyper into hulk's hyper. and her assist is cheap and a easy way to get more damage with hulk in the corner without meter.

and i discovered a new bnb for morrigan, good if i am composed enough to do it in a real match.

s.m, s.h, f.h, jump cancel, j.m, j.h, j.s, s.l, launcher, jump cancel, j.m, j.m, j.h, shadow blade (or lv3 hyper), hyper (hold up).

it does around 300,000 damage without hyper and 430,000 with one meter. i can do this with relative ease in practice mode but probably not well in a match:(

Last edited:
GGs Art, had not played for a few days (trying Rift out) and was finding it a bit of a mission to block at first, still got caught out by the shorts towards the end though.

I hate Wolverine! Went into training and got the j.h loop as Magneto down again now...I think, just need to do it against you in a real match. ;>

I love Wolverine :)
It's great being able to call out Ammy's assist, and then either go low, or high with an instant overhead, or do two aerial attacks before I land so I hit if the opponent starts to block low again after blocking the first high attack. Or, I could cross up with S, or empty crossup into crouching short :D

I was actually thinking if something similar was possible with Wesker, where you'd teleport above, but rather than hit high, just land and go for a low.

You've picked a good assist to go with his teleport mixups, they work really well together. I was getting hit by it a lot near the end of the set. Was 1 char away from being perfected, so I just threw out random Hyper to chip you with Ammy haha.
I probably should react to the assist since it's slow, and just jump away.

his wolverine is indeed very annoying. that double dive kick that he does is very cheap and its a easy hit confirm for him to do a minimum 40% combo. he moves very fast and he goes though fireballs.

anyway rant over. i think i might try x23 to continue my search for the final character in my team. she looks nice and has some cheap stuff that even i might be able to put off and abuse.

i think i was lacking a bit of damage with zero to put fear into my opponent like hulk does, because i cant combo into my hyper all the time. i think i can do more damage with x23 especially i can dhc her hyper into hulk's hyper. and her assist is cheap and a easy way to get more damage with hulk in the corner without meter.

The drill if quite punishable on whiff, so maybe you could try dashing away if you expect it, then punish?

I'm starting to think that using Morrigan's meter assist along with Hulk might not work so well. Hulk probably wants a long range assist that holds the opponent down for a short while so he can get close. But if you have that, then you rarely use Morrigan's assist when Hulk is in play. And Hulk only uses meter when he's gotten in close, unless you do random full screen Hypers :p

I'm starting to think that using Morrigan's meter assist along with Hulk might not work so well. Hulk probably wants a long range assist that holds the opponent down for a short while so he can get close. But if you have that, then you rarely use Morrigan's assist when Hulk is in play. And Hulk only uses meter when he's gotten in close, unless you do random full screen Hypers :p

i gonna use it more now with x23 in play for bigger combos. and random full screen gamma crush is a win online lol

How would you guys sum this game up? I've not purchased it yet!

With regards to 3RD Strike... IMO One of the best SF games to date. Not sure whether you're all aware of this..... Capcom will be giving this (3rd Strike) the HD Treatment!

How would you guys sum this game up? I've not purchased it yet!

With regards to 3RD Strike... IMO One of the best SF games to date. Not sure whether you're all aware of this..... Capcom will be giving this (3rd Strike) the HD Treatment!

its a game where every character has something cheap and a touch of death combo. you just have find out what it is and avoid getting hit by it and abuse it on your opponent.

3rd strike is pants in my view

TBH, I loved 3rd strike because of the characters more than the system. My fav character was Urien.

3rd strike is the ****!!! love the game. was playing some over the weekend and a 5min play can confirm why its the best sf ever (yes better than 2)...just annoying that the panzys of this world were crying about it being to hard.
which it isnt that hard you just need to figure out the parry system.
ssf4 doesnt really feel like sf to me, but it is a good game.

anyway gonna jump on some mvc3 tonight me thinks.

TBH, I loved 3rd strike because of the characters more than the system. My fav character was Urien.

3rd strike is the ****!!! love the game mainly bc chunli was the boss and since then she has just been nerfed and nerfed...

was playing some over the weekend (along with fighting vipers and vf2! classics) and a 5min play can confirm why its the best sf ever (yes better than 2)...just annoying that the panzys of this world were crying about it being to hard.
which it isnt that hard you just need to figure out the parry system.
ssf4 doesnt really feel like sf to me, but it is a good game.

anyway gonna jump on some mvc3 tonight me thinks.

arth, i think i played the morrigan, x23, hulk team wrong against you yesterday. i think i should start with morrigan and leave hulk last. the meter assist doesnt really help the way i play

i found out a unblockable set-up with the instant overhead of morrigan and x23's assist, i think i should use hulk's assist to help getting stuckin. and then if all fails, mash them up with x-factor hulk.

Last edited:
I bought this last week and played it about 3/4 hours. Sure the fighting is good but theres virtually no content other than the matches themselves i.e no real single player or match variety. Think I'll be trading this in for the next big release. All my moneys on the new Mortal Kombat to be honest!! :)

I bought this last week and played it about 3/4 hours. Sure the fighting is good but theres virtually no content other than the matches themselves i.e no real single player or match variety. Think I'll be trading this in for the next big release. All my moneys on the new Mortal Kombat to be honest!! :)

It's release is mid / late april isn't it?

but isnt all fighting games like this?

It's release is mid / late april isn't it?

April I believe, can't wait. Over 30 characters, over 30 stages, tag modes and more. :)

Loads of fighting games have loads of distractions that add to the overall experience i.e Mortal Kombat, Tekken etc. TBH learning massive combos dosn't really appeal to me though, expecially to the complexity that they are in MvC 3 Mission Mode.

arth, i think i played the morrigan, x23, hulk team wrong against you yesterday. i think i should start with morrigan and leave hulk last. the meter assist doesnt really help the way i play

i found out a unblockable set-up with the instant overhead of morrigan and x23's assist, i think i should use hulk's assist to help getting stuckin. and then if all fails, mash them up with x-factor hulk.

If Hulk's the last person alive, he's not going to catch anyone! If he manages to start a combo on someone, he'll kill them. But that's IF he catches them.

I still can't decide on a point character never mind settle on a team. Gonna play around with the characters I like tonight and decide to build my team around him/her then hit training mode for a while.

Back
Top Bottom