Marvel Vs Capcom 3

Soldato
the kid is not good! as a hulk player myself, he should fully aware none of hulk's moves are safe, apart from the downward head charge.

but the kid never cancelled his s.h into the charge move to make it safe and his opponents just let him get away with that and random launcher, considering they play wolverine (best in the game other than dark phoenix) and all they had to do is not push block and mash c.l into combo. in fact they got hit by the random launcher numerous times just shows they never played a hulk and not that good neither. they are very lucky to make it this far, because some of the players are very good in the early pools. and i feel sorry for those better players not making as far.

at least the kid played a team that suited him and required the least amount of execution to play

Last edited:
Soldato
I felt like Viscant tried to showboat or build up hype during the first set when he could have easily won it but it cost him dearly with the clutch comeback by PR Rog. At least he wasn't mentally phased during the second set and blitzed through to win it in the end.

Associate
I've got a slight modification to your Hulk combo.
After you smack them back down (after Sentinel otg), you can call assist, otg with gamma wave, do S (or H then S if you have enough time) followed by a jump cancelled Gamma Crush.
Will depend on what your second assist is, of course.

Soldato
I've got a slight modification to your Hulk combo.
After you smack them back down (after Sentinel otg), you can call assist, otg with gamma wave, do S (or H then S if you have enough time) followed by a jump cancelled Gamma Crush.
Will depend on what your second assist is, of course.

i can do a gamma charge instead of relaunch. dont know will it do more damage though.

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
I take it they are using a console in the tournament? Bet the joystick controller must be expensive?

Soldato

watching this definitely made me think c.viper might be cheaper than wolverine, but just much hard to play and do her stuff. MarlinPie even styled with the 1 frame cancel infinite at the end of the second video, ridiculously high skill level.

c.viper, magneto, dante has to be one of the most technical and execution demanding team in mvc3

Last edited:
Associate
Woulverine provides some scandalous victories in this game man. There's no blocking those beserker slashes. GGs anyway vian.

I'm actually starting to like this game, problem is the only character that I really like is Dormammu. Hopefully I'll like some of the new characters in Ultimate.

Soldato
i am glad you like this game! yeah wolverine is stupid! his speed up move make him so fast, when combined with xfactor its unstoppable. i am working hard on my spencer. i love him so much but i rely too much on random wire grapple to move around and start combos. i got beat bad by some really bad players before you come because of that (i avenged my defeat with wolverine, wesker and akuma lol). but i have some sick combos with him what i could do even online. i didnt get a chance to show you though.

i actually think your best character is wesker. he gave me a lot of problems, especially i cant kill him with one combo, unless i do the dhc glitch. your dormammu is really good too, i always walk into his launcher lol. i think if you can find a character you like and play reasonably well, you can have a very strong team because those two are very powerful characters and you are quite good with them. at the moment, you got a bit of a dead weight in your team because you can only play two characters well.

i love the new characters. nova is looking very powerful and strong. he does really high damage, has flight, dive kick, combo off throws, full screen beam hyper, some bonic arm look like hyper and self otg combos. but phoenix wright is too godlike! i am so going to main him in umvc3. his lv3 is the funniest move in the game.

Last edited:
Associate
I can tell that I probably do best with Wesker but I just have more fun when Dormammu is out. I quite like Doom to be honest, I've not really put enough time into the game to really learn him though. Might just bug Cheech to show me how to play Doom next time I see him.

I really like that Spencer/Wesker synergy you've got going with the DHC glitch and the Spencer assist to really extend Wesker's combos.

Soldato
i havent showed you my best combo yet:) admittedly i copied some stuff from combofiend and a japanese player call kuuronn who runs spencer, hulk, doom. he has by far has the sickest stuff ever for spencer and hulk!

with dorm, i just teleport and air dash like crazy to fish for overheads and cross ups. if you hit a combo do the normal launch combo, call wesker assist when you land, dash up and do c.m into launcher (in the corner, call wesker and do flight, air h, air s, land and launcher) and continue the combo from there. you can get easily get 800k off that and you build just enough meter for a dhc, which should be death for most of the cast.

if you air exchange (up or left right only) into dorm, you can do cool stuff like flight, air dash d/f, air h into light dark hole twice, air s to smack them down, pillar into flame hyper. but you have to do dash forward lv3 if you exchange after a long combo.

i might make a combo video again to show you my other combos, but i dont really have time for it. i wish this game have online training mode like sfxt.

Last edited:
Associate
Well if you can cancel normals into it, I wouldn't be too surprised if you needed to do it mid-combo for some intermediate/advanced combos.

Back
Top Bottom