Marvel Vs Capcom 3

Soldato
I've played about 40 games of this in ranked now, and my advice about connections is, only play against people with 5 bars.

i played about ten, lots of 5 bars laggy games. won 8 lost 2. shouldnt have even lost really, if i played my proper team of spencer, wesker and frank west/akuma. nova is really bad against laggy players, and laggy wesker mashing on gun and h teleport is stupid. they are on 5 bars as well!

and the side note, i missed a lot of generic wesker combo against these players as well. the timing must be well different from old mvc3. i definitely dont feel i have the same control over my opponent and might have to re-learn my old combos, since i cant touch of death them no more.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've played about 15mins of Mission mode with Hulk... got onto Mission 4 and put SSF4AE on... damn this game is so frustrating! I haven't gone online yet, theres no point as I only know Hulks special moves. Haven't even tried any other characters :( Gonna give it another go tomorrow

Soldato
Rash what's wrong? I am still learning this game too, it's quite a change from AE I realize so I'm guessing that might be why you're frustrated. I think it's been said in this thread already but learn your characters 1 at a time don't try and learn a new team all at once as you'll be pulling your hair out by the end of the day. My suggestion would be spend an entire day on 1 character at a time, you'll probably find yourself making more progress. Look on forums aswell for which assists go well with that character.

Soldato
just got my new guide. massive book, but i rather pay a bit more for better paper quality. at least i got the frame data, move list, bnb for all characters in one place now.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm buying this today, so i'll be on tonight if anyone wants to help tutor me.

Vian, can i be cheeky and ask you to take pics of the bnb's of my team, i don't wanna go to SRK and get confused, as i'm sure it's all scattered like mad.

Gracias x

Soldato
I think it's because Hulk doesn't have a wheel kick

HAHA nice one Rav ;)

Rash what's wrong? I am still learning this game too, it's quite a change from AE I realize so I'm guessing that might be why you're frustrated. I think it's been said in this thread already but learn your characters 1 at a time don't try and learn a new team all at once as you'll be pulling your hair out by the end of the day. My suggestion would be spend an entire day on 1 character at a time, you'll probably find yourself making more progress. Look on forums aswell for which assists go well with that character.

Good advice there, that's what I'm gonna do. Gonna grab some orange juice and have a session with Hulk.

EDIT: On Mission 6 with Hulk, felt sooooo good launching Spencer into the sky then doing an air combo and smashing him to the ground again :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm buying this today, so i'll be on tonight if anyone wants to help tutor me.

Vian, can i be cheeky and ask you to take pics of the bnb's of my team, i don't wanna go to SRK and get confused, as i'm sure it's all scattered like mad.

Gracias x

i will tutor you or anyone that needs help for that matter as i want to expend the umvc3 community in ocuk.

i will take picture and show you the bnbs. i have some advanced bnb (touch of death!) as well for spencer if you want it. do you need videos as well?

my advice for your team is start the lawyer, raccoon second, spencer last. have him collecting evident and cover yourself with raccoon assist. try to land the maya hyper to buy more time, and dhc into raccoon trap hyper for safety (although its probably better to let him die if his life is too low, since he is useless without turnabout mode). once you have turnabout mode, switch him with spencer and wire swing everywhere to rush down and maul your opponent down. use phoenix wright's assist to apply more pressure and make every move safe.

On Mission 6 with Hulk, felt sooooo good launching Spencer into the sky then doing an air combo and smashing him to the ground again :)

you can tag a hyper at the end of any air combo. use the gamma charge to get closer for more damage and hits.

btw, to anyone out there, the brady guide is a must if you want to get better, especially you are a beginner. it covers all strategies and combos on every character and also the assist properties and how to use them. its much more useful than any thread in srk and eventhubs.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm in trouble this guy has a camera!!!

376013_10150977821295647_884530646_22293902_411493112_n.jpg

Anyway played my first online game thinking "yeah I can do combos yo!"... got totally annihilated. Played someone who had no online games either so I thought I might have a chance. He chose Wesker, Virgin and Trish. I was Hulk, Thor and Nova.

I'm gonna have Wesker in my team for sure, hes cheap but the ability to "wake" an apponant off the floor using his gun is awesome. Dante looks interesting too... who are the cheap top tier characters in this game? Im gonna choose team lol

Last edited:
Soldato
hey elrasho and drunzer, are you guys joining my tournament?

i can give you more time to practice and advice to help you get better as well (providing you have a mic so i can talk to you). match practice is very important in this game as the pace is not easy to get used to.

i am hoping omh joins as well. he told me he will be investing more time in umvc3 some weeks ago.

Soldato
I dunno Vian, I'd like to but I'm a total noob. I'm gonna search for some video tutorial guides on how to play some characters, Im up for some friendlies with you later today if you want.

Last edited:
Soldato
I dunno Vian, I'd like to but I'm a total noob. I'm gonna search for some video tutorial guides on how to play some characters, Im up for some friendlies with you later today if you want.

dont worry most people are complete noobs anyway, i am certain you will find many the same level as you. just join for the fun:). watching videos is a great idea to get started. use the srk hyper guide for beginners videos

http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Marvel_vs_Capcom_3

i am up for tutoring and friendly tonight (or most nights in fact) if anyone wants it.

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y275/Flame_master/mvc3/

pictures for you ravl. password is: mvc3guide

checkout my old school work as well lol.

Last edited:
Associate
Vian and I could 'train' different people, and then they battle it out!

Dibs on yupyup. I still haven't forgiven elrasho for the beatings he has given me in SF4.

Watching match footage is probably better than guides (for me at least) where you get to see everything applied in various situations. Concentrate on one player when watching, and notice what their point character (the one you control) is doing, and at what points they call assists (and work out why).

Associate

Dibs on yupyup. I still haven't forgiven elrasho for the beatings he has given me in SF4.

I'm all yours Art <3

What are you gonna do with me...

Plus Vian can teach Rash, then they'd pit the too disciples against each other, and i'll have my sweet revenge on the ultimate fraud that is Rash!

Last edited:
Soldato

Sounds like a great idea :)

I'm all yours Art <3

What are you gonna do with me...

Plus Vian can teach Rash, then they'd pit the too disciples against each other, and i'll have my sweet revenge on the ultimate fraud that is Rash!

This might be your only chance to beat me at a fighting game ;) but I'm confident with Vian's tutoring I'll be the victor

Back
Top Bottom