1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

McDonald's and sheeple

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pawnless Endgame, May 20, 2020.

1. el_dazza

Capodecina

We did this last weekend, turned out pretty darn good :)

2. Dirk Diggler

Capodecina

Do you have a link to the scientific experiment regarding the burger van?

What you have described isn't an example of people being "more docile and perhaps a bit gullible" which is what the poster referred to as people being sheeple. You have described normal human behaviour; if someone yawns then you yawn, if someone is looking up then you look up to see what they're looking at.

Basically, the OP has observed behaviour they don't fully understand because it's not something they would do themselves. Rather than think about it in any meaningful detail, they've dismissed these people in a condescending way. That itself is indicative of common human behaviour, the foundation of ignorance and bigotry, really.

The OP is the type of sherson who thinks they're different from everyone else. :)

3. ttaskmaster

Sgarrista

Might work that way at festivals, but generally at events where there's van catering, people seem to either express a preference if the food is different, or just go join the shortest queue if the food is the same.
    Might just be the sorts of events I go to... Oven fired pizza is usually the big winner, unless there's a Polish place doing kopytka and pierogi. Burgers are awesome, unless there's a hog roast.

Could?
    I thought it was already a legal requirement...

See previous page. We already have... and yes it does.

4. Mr Badger

Sgarrista

Which is the correct usage please?

1) "Look at her wiggle - you can tell she's a right little sausage muffin"

2) "They say it's all a front and really he's a closet sausage muffin"; or

3) "I've only got 10 minutes - if you're already shaved and lubed up we could manage a quick sausage muffin"

5. ttaskmaster

Sgarrista

6. pinkpound

Wise Guy

You write like a pretentious git but each to their own

7. pinkpound

Wise Guy

I did intolerance to certain foods :(

8. BeelzebubUK

Wise Guy

Waiting an hour for fast food......how ironic.

9. omnomnom

Soldato

Stop blaming Ronald then lol. It isnt his fault.

10. pinkpound

Wise Guy

I blamed him due been fine if I go KFC or burger King :p

11. builder22

Mobster

The dirty hamburglin’ *******!

12. Faustus

Soldato

They are, they have a rare commodity these days i.e.commonsense. If as you claim it is indicative of the common human behaviour, the foundation of ignorance and bigotry, then long may it continue. Did anyone see the massive queues at McDonalds in Bucksburn, Aberdeen yesterday? Total and utter madness. If you watch History 101 on Netflix there's a feature on fast food outlets. In one clip it shows the first McDonalds to open in Moscow. The clip features a women being interviewed about why she is queuing and she replies she thought because everyone else was queuing she thought there must be a bargain to be had so joined the queue. She had no idea folk were queing for a burger.

13. Dirk Diggler

Capodecina

Different from everyone else, because they have a "rare" commodity; "common" sense.

You might want to think about that for a minute. ;)

14. Shocky-FM

Mobster

Haven't had a MacDonald in years, don't really understand the appeal. :confused:

15. fobose

Mobster

The only time I eat a mcdonald's is when I got to see the wife's family up north and we stop along the way. I do like it but could just be as I am starving hungry and want something quick. I wouldn't want it more than a few times a year.

*edit* I don't like all the crap that comes in the normal burgers. I always get 3 plain hamburgers and chips :D Yup I am weird.

16. robgmun

Capodecina

Been doing it for the last few weekends. Turns out pretty much perfect

17. lltfdaniel

Wise Guy

Off topic but this should be thread music with youtube link below.

18. Resident

Wise Guy

You're quite right "Common" sense has unfortunately decayed into it's own misnomer due to the general population becoming dumber.

TBH it's now at the stage where I believe that all warnings signs, all Health & Safety materials etc should be removed and we let nature take it's course.

19. mattyprice4004

Soldato

Loving the first few pages of predictable comments - you can build a better house than you can buy, but I don't see everyone doing that :p

20. mattyprice4004

Soldato

That's good. The appeal is convenience - rather than having to go home to cook, you pay someone else to cook it for you.

Can't believe the appeal needs explaining to another fully grown adult really - it's not particularly my cup of tea, but I'm able to comprehend why others might like it.