Men of War

wow, never knew this,,,,,,
COH is great, this has likely hood of being good quality

whats the requirements??

Yep, it is rather good actually. I'm a big CoH fan but I am slowly warming to Men of War as I get further into it.

From the official website, Minimum system Req's are :-

Windows 2000/XP
2.6GHz Processor
1GB RAM
GeForce 6200/Radeon 9600 Videocard or higher
DirectX 9.0c
compatible sound card
4GB free HDD space
DVD-ROM

Supports 4 players in co-op. Was playing with my housemate earlier today. Basically each mission is played individually. After you complete a mission, it goes back to the lobby and the host can choose the next one if they want to, etc. Only annoying thing is that you cant save in co-op mode! So if your PC crashes or you mess up then its back to the start you go. Quite annoying considering the games can take an hour or so for a mission. :mad:

That sounds really good! I will have to get my housemates to buy it as well! :D

The issue of lack of saving does sound like it could be frustrating, but it sounds like it works the same as CoD WaW and that seems to work ok.

That sounds really good! I will have to get my housemates to buy it as well! :D

The issue of lack of saving does sound like it could be frustrating, but it sounds like it works the same as CoD WaW and that seems to work ok.

Yeah basically its like WaW. Played the first mission earlier and was good fun as my housemate was in the tank and I was infantry providing support! I had to shout at him across the flat a few times saying "MOVE YOUR TANK TO THE WEST!! INCOMING TANKS!" as he was busy facing the wrong way shooting infantry and one shot to the rear would mean we would lose the tank for the whole mission! Teamspeak would be useful or voip!

Seems there are numerous versions out there! Cant find any multiplayer games to join at the mo and noticed the version numbers. Seems the UK release is 1.2.0 and the russian version is 1.6.0 and there are a few other versions too so you cant join those. Had a look on the forums and they are hoping to release a patch this week to bring everyone to the same version so we can all play together! Until then, you'll have to play with people that have the same version.

In the game list, the numbers in the last column show the game version with the number at the top of that column being your version apparently.

Anyone know if you can play skirmish against the AI a la COH?

Nope. No AI skirmishes. Online it is human battles only or co-op :(

How does everyone else find performance of the game? Runs slow on mine when things get going and I turned down all graphical detail which didnt make a difference at all! I'm on a 8800GT 512mb so graphics wise should be OK, but have a Athlon X2 4200 which could be the bottleneck? Turning down graphics makes no difference so CPU is the main cause I reckon?

My system set up is in my sig below.

Running very smoothly indeed on my rig, all settings turned up to max as far as they will go. :D

I only game at 1440x900 though as thats the max res of my 19" widescreen Octigen LCD.

Nope. No AI skirmishes. Online it is human battles only or co-op :(

How does everyone else find performance of the game? Runs slow on mine when things get going and I turned down all graphical detail which didnt make a difference at all! I'm on a 8800GT 512mb so graphics wise should be OK, but have a Athlon X2 4200 which could be the bottleneck? Turning down graphics makes no difference so CPU is the main cause I reckon?

Yeah mass units will slow down your CPU as it's taking the hit generating all the physics, creating units, handling the cycles making them move etc.

I have an e6850 and 512mb 4850 so fairly high spec and mine starts stumbling near the end of some missions when there's loads of units on screen.

After another bash at the demo it brings back fond memories of the original game, I've ordered it for £17.99 which is a bargain, the demo was gun especially taking charge of the tank. :D

Yeah i quite like this. Seems like it may be on my list of games to get. Although as a casual RTS gamer, this may be a little hardcore for me.

Anyone else struggling with this. I am trying the first campaign but get stuck with taling on the world with a tank lol

Any tips on taking the hill and stopping the convoy?

Thanks

I feel I maybe should point out again that Men of War is not the direct sequel to Soldiers: Heroes of WW2. It is the sequel to an almost unheard of game called Faces of War, which actually is the direct sequel to S:HOWW2. Having played Faces of and looking at the screen grabs of Men of, the two are almost identical both graphicaly and in interface terms. So if you have got Men of and like the style then track down Faces of for less than a fiver, it is still a brilliant SP game and will add another 20-30 hours of top notch WW2 gameplay. It did have MP but there probably won't be many players now, not least cos virtually no one knows about the game.

I ordered a copy for 17.99 along with my housemates after playing the demo, hopefully be here tomorrow or Friday, as we can't wait to get some co-op going, fingers crossed it will be really good fun! :D

Back
Top Bottom