#MeToo - is it just different for men and women?

Soldato
The difference, dear clueless male posters, is power and control. If a woman gropes a man, he has the option to accept it or to reject it and enforce that rejection physically. A woman does not usually have that option, she often isn't in control, she is powerless. As for the laws, they should be applied in the same way for both sexes.

Soldato
The difference, dear clueless male posters, is power and control. If a woman gropes a man, he has the option to accept it or to reject it and enforce that rejection physically. A woman does not usually have that option, she often isn't in control, she is powerless. As for the laws, they should be applied in the same way for both sexes.
Women have been telling everyone for years that they are equal to men in every way, and now suddenly they are powerless? Just no.

Caporegime

So if a female boss keeps being touchy feely towards a male employee he can tell her to back the **** off without repercussions? "reject it physically"? yeah good luck defending that in court.

Soldato
Yes, it's different for men generally speaking. During an episode of Emmerdale last night they had obviously decided to jump on the bandwagon by doing a touch up scene. Dirty older man, all the boxes getting ticked. The victim (I don't know the character's name) punched the guy in the face and burst his nose.

Cuz yea, violence is totally fine when it's a woman assaulting a man. Now, if that female character had pinched the guy on the butt cheek and he reacted by punching her in the face...

Caporegime

that's rather dubious if you were talking about rape then perhaps there is more of a distinction to make but as far as groping or pinching of someone's bum etc.. is concerned then arguably a woman has more control to enforce a rejection physically - a woman slapping a man for grabbing her ass etc.. is likely to leave the man feeling rather embarrassed these days, on the other hand if a man were to do the same to a woman, attack her physically after being groped, he'd have a fair bit of explaining to to and depending on the situation could easily find himself the subject of violence from other men who witnessed it

Soldato
I remember being about 8 or 9 and the girl in front of me said look under the desk, pasty out I smashed my head on the desk getting up that quick.

Also when I was on holiday with my ex missus I was walking to go the toilet and some girl just grabbed me and started snogging with me, I was a little inebriated so didn't push away lets just say the missus was frosty the next day.

The are loads of times I been touched or groped so #MeToo. :p

Soldato
So a situation that consists of a woman getting raped by a man she finds attractive is different than a situation that consists of a woman getting raped by one she does not find attractive. Is that what you are saying?
That's not what I answered to, no one mentioned rape

Soldato
About 20 years ago I was playing pool with mates in a local rock pub. A quite attractive woman came over and told me I had gorgeous eyes, she then kissed me squarely on the lips - I seem to remember there being tongue action too. There was much more sexual assault later on too. #MeToo

All these stories plastered across the media have dragged the memories back to the surface, who do I go crying to?

Last edited:
Soldato
To be fair now, a few of my friends have posted things about blokes getting it out and having a tug at them and following them home. That was when they were in their late teens, and I don't think you can say that is okay and something you'd easily shrug off as a young woman.

As a bloke, I've never felt threatened by a woman pinching or slapping my arse or anything like that. I think it's just rare a bloke would feel like he didn't have a choice if a woman made unwanted sexual advances. If some weird old lady started bashing one out to me in the park I would probably have thought it was a bit weird, but I doubt I would have felt concerned for my own wellbeing.

Associate
Before I went to uni I worked in an office with a lot of recently divorced middle aged women. On team nights out I would get groped and have all sorts said to me. But because I was a bloke I laughed it off because I knew that they weren't able to force me to do anything.

A few years later I went with one of my friends to a gay club for his birthday. In the line for the cloakroom a bigger guy took a shine to me and started attempting to touch me. I made it quite clear I wasn't interested but he wasn't taking no for an answer. He spent the next couple of hours following me round the club. At one point I was dancing with friends and suddenly his arms appeared round my waist and he was trying to get down my jeans. He also followed me into a toilet. In the end I just had to leave the club and my friends birthday. It was scary because he wasn't accepting a no and I couldn't stop him and other people just seemed to think it was funny. I dread to think what he was planning to do in that toilet had one of my friends not decided to come in too.

Soldato
I generally ignore internet attention whoring and victim signalling but this one made me chuckle. If some of the ‘abuse’ stories I’ve read are to be taken serious, I myself would’ve been ‘sexually assulted’ at least a dozen times, if not more.

So, #MEEEETOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Man of Honour
I think it’s good that attitudes towards ‘sexual aggressiveness’ are changing and that people are righty becoming less tolerant of it, but I think perhaps the emphasis should be on how we should act going forwards rather than looking backwards (except in serious / material circumstances, of course).

Back
Top Bottom