#MeToo - is it just different for men and women?

Soldato
Don't think our society can last much longer, it's going to fall apart with all the pathetic hashtag social media crap

Man of Honour
So if a female boss keeps being touchy feely towards a male employee he can tell her to back the **** off without repercussions? "reject it physically"? yeah good luck defending that in court.

Yes, it's different for men generally speaking. During an episode of Emmerdale last night they had obviously decided to jump on the bandwagon by doing a touch up scene. Dirty older man, all the boxes getting ticked. The victim (I don't know the character's name) punched the guy in the face and burst his nose.

Cuz yea, violence is totally fine when it's a woman assaulting a man. Now, if that female character had pinched the guy on the butt cheek and he reacted by punching her in the face...

Well no that wouldn't be needed at all. It's about power, it's generally a lot easier for a guy to tell a woman to back off or reject her advances without the need for violence. If a woman is forceful most men would be able to restrain her or at least keep her at a distance.

The difference when it comes to women is that if it's a guy where no doesnt mean no, she'd be escalating the situation and it could very easily turn violent, she'd have no chance.

Women have been telling everyone for years that they are equal to men in every way, and now suddenly they are powerless? Just no.

Just no what? Average man VS average woman is no contest when it comes to strength, not sure why you've brought equality into this argument.

Caporegime
Women have been telling everyone for years that they are equal to men in every way, and now suddenly they are powerless? Just no.
The overwhelming majority of men are physically stronger than any woman they are ever likely to encounter. Very few women are physically stronger than any man they are ever likely to encounter.

Soldato
The overwhelming majority of men are physically stronger than any woman they are ever likely to encounter. Very few women are physically stronger than any man they are ever likely to encounter.

Physical strength has **** all to do with it. Being physically stronger doesn't explain why women get all mardy and go crying to whomever about a playful slap on the arse, a hand on the knee/shoulder or a risqué comment. When a bloke is on the receiving end of the same things they just take it for what it is and laugh it off - well, unless of course they're one of this new generation of perpetually offended pansies.

Caporegime
Physical strength has **** all to do with it. Being physically stronger doesn't explain why women get all mardy and go crying to whomever about a playful slap on the arse, a hand on the knee/shoulder or a risqué comment. When a bloke is on the receiving end of the same things they just take it for what it is and laugh it off - well, unless of course they're one of this new generation of perpetually offended pansies.
Women are physically vulnerable from the get go. If you can't see that that readily translates into wider fears then that's your failing.

Soldato
Women are physically vulnerable from the get go. If you can't see that that readily translates into wider fears then that's your failing.

You have not battled with my ex, trust me some women can fight. They are fast and hit hard in places you would not think of hitting a man.

I did fight back but it was kitten punches, but she had a brutal fast punch and always in the bloody eye. :p

Caporegime
Well no that wouldn't be needed at all. It's about power, it's generally a lot easier for a guy to tell a woman to back off or reject her advances without the need for violence.

Physical power doesn't really mean much nowadays, if you use it you'll wind up in prison. Like I said with women in so many management positions today they regularly have more power than men, so like the Weinstein victims men can easily be in positions where they're scared to do anything for fear of losing their jobs. Even if they're not their seniors they can report them to management but if the women are manipulative they can easily turn the tables and who do you think the management are likely to believe? a man or a tearful woman?

Soldato
I'm male and I'm often subject to playful touching/grabbing by older female colleagues as well as risqué and sexually charged comments but we all laugh about it at the end of the day.

Reverse those roles in most other workplaces and 90% of people are losing their jobs.

Soldato
This whole thing has got a few chats going in work. I am in a building that consists of around 30 females to 5 guys. I was shocked to hear the ladies in the kitchen complaining about the woman who are reporting it! Long story short, they all seemed to agree that if the victims were that worried at the time they would have reported it and it seems to only come out now once they (the victims) are now rich and famous and it won't affect them.

Man of Honour
The difference, dear clueless male posters, is power and control. If a woman gropes a man, he has the option to accept it or to reject it and enforce that rejection physically. A woman does not usually have that option, she often isn't in control, she is powerless. As for the laws, they should be applied in the same way for both sexes.

Women are not little children regardless of how many feminists claim they are. Your fantasy world in which all men are all powerful and all women are completely powerless is not reality.

"enforce that rejection physically"...and then be deemed guilty of assaulting a woman. Even assuming he could do so, since in reality it's quite difficult for one adult to forcibly restrain another adult.

Even if you ignore that part of reality, there are others. For example, I am a flunkey. When a customer grabbed my genitals and exclaimed "feel that!", do you seriously think I could have got away with hitting her? A flunkey hitting a customer would be seen as very bad anyway, but a male flunkey hitting a female customer would be seen as terrible. I risked my job by merely verbally objecting. Or how about a scenario in which a woman puts her hand on the knee of a man who works for her? Would you be OK with him "enforcing his rejection physically"? Do you think he'd keep his job after punching his manager? Especially since in this scenario she's a woman.

Then there's the issue of disproportionate use of force. We're not talking about determined assault here. We're talking about a touch. We're even talking about a word. We're even talking about a look. Would you really be OK with a man using enough physical force against a woman to incapacitate her because he decided she was looking at him funny? I doubt it. In many such cases, physical force is neither required nor justified. What about the other cliche of "Did you spill my pint?" Is allegedly spilling a person's pint justification for them physically attacking you?

You're just groping for an excuse for extreme sexism.

The difference between you, dear clueless poster, and some other people is that they think that extreme sexism is a bad idea and that things should be applied in the same way for both sexes.

Caporegime
The difference, dear clueless male posters, is power and control. If a woman gropes a man, he has the option to accept it or to reject it and enforce that rejection physically. A woman does not usually have that option, she often isn't in control, she is powerless. As for the laws, they should be applied in the same way for both sexes.

The problem dear sexist is you don't know what you're talking about. YOu have several men in this thread who posted, the guy who at 17 had his bum pinched by his female boss, he was too shocked to say anything and her position of power made him nervous to even ask her to stop.

Women are responsible for a lot of physical abuse against men, because men can't stop them, no, because if you don't want to hit someone, then them hitting you doesn't automatically make it impossible for them to hit you. This is where abuse comes in, taking advantage of peoples inaction. Women can straight up stab a finger in a dudes eye, or kick them in the nuts. Most of the time they don't for the same reason men don't fight back... it's not part of who they are, or they are terrified and unable to react, in shock or scared of the ramifications of fighting back, this is equally true for men and women.

The truth is women can fight back, and so can men, but normal people aren't violent and find it hard to fight someone who has already committed to going beyond normal and attacking someone.

You are incredibly dense on this subject and think the sole reason abuse occurs is because one person is physically capable of overcoming another, it's of course true sometimes, but it's also true there are plenty of women who are stronger than men, just because the average man is stronger than the average woman doesn't equate to all men being stronger than all women.

It's literally your kind of inexcusably stupid statements that men are so often unable to come forward, because people like you tell them they can't be abused because obviously they can stop it at any time, also what you're saying buys into the victim mentality for women, they are all victims and can't fight back where men can't be victims because they can't be overpowered by women. Ignoring of course all the men who are abused physically or sexually by.... other men.

Soldato
I heard a couple of women the other day describe sexual suggestions and pinching a man's bum as banter and a bit of fun. So perhaps there are different rules.
It is okay for women to gob and watch the likes if the Dream Boys, male strippers, but sleazy if men go to a female strip club. So again different rules.

Caporegime
I was groped by a girl at school when I was a kid, and I've been groped by women a few times since then.

It's never bothered me because I've never felt threatened. But for a woman it's different, due to the power imbalance resulting from the man's physical superiority. Men also tend to be more aggressive in their advances, which is overtly threatening.

Associate
22491660_2324686267757235_7548624636753399725_n.jpg

Caporegime
I work with 90% women and all I hear is lewd banter all lunch about this or that guy, that actor, that guy on the TV etc.
Ive been on the receiving end of it too but the difference is I have the ability to appreciate that it's humour and not run off crying mind rape.

I dont know what to say about all this #crap. I'm pretty sure every single one of us can say we have been approached by someone in our lives and had to refuse their unwanted advances and or all been in situations where we have been told to p off after trying it on flirting too? #humanreality

I'm not saying chalk it up to life experiences but at the same time I do fear as to what society is going to become in 50 years.

People with power excert it over people without it, that is why they seek power. Why bother if you gain nothing having power.

Money, power then the xxxxxxs, female dogs. I knew a guy that would try it on with 30 women a night to get to go home with 1. #themtoo.

Soldato

Spoken like someone living in 2016. Men and women are completely equal these days. In EVERY..SINGLE..WAY!

Back
Top Bottom