#MeToo - is it just different for men and women?

Soldato
Won't be long before we need contacts of consent, signed in triplicate before taking someone home from a night out. :)

I predict more common use of adult professional services as there's absolutely no ambiguity about anything there!

Soldato
Well no that wouldn't be needed at all. It's about power, it's generally a lot easier for a guy to tell a woman to back off or reject her advances without the need for violence. If a woman is forceful most men would be able to restrain her or at least keep her at a distance.

The difference when it comes to women is that if it's a guy where no doesnt mean no, she'd be escalating the situation and it could very easily turn violent, she'd have no chance.

You're saying it's OK for a woman to physically assault a man?

Also, your comment about a woman being forceful totally misses the point; sexual harassment is usually very subtle, especially in the work place.

Soldato
I work with 90% women and all I hear is lewd banter all lunch about this or that guy, that actor, that guy on the TV etc.
Ive been on the receiving end of it too but the difference is I have the ability to appreciate that it's humour and not run off crying mind rape.

I dont know what to say about all this #crap. I'm pretty sure every single one of us can say we have been approached by someone in our lives and had to refuse their unwanted advances and or all been in situations where we have been told to p off after trying it on flirting too? #humanreality

I'm not saying chalk it up to life experiences but at the same time I do fear as to what society is going to become in 50 years.

People with power excert it over people without it, that is why they seek power. Why bother if you gain nothing having power.

Money, power then the xxxxxxs, female dogs. I knew a guy that would try it on with 30 women a night to get to go home with 1. #themtoo.
Perhaps we will separate into two different groups living apart, male/female in fear of each other only to meet to exchange biological samples to procreate

Soldato
Dustin Hoffman has now been implicated as some sort of sexual predator.

The list seems to go on and on and on.

If it manages to get down as far as Pat Sharp from 'Fun House'....its time to check out.

Man of Honour
Women are physically vulnerable from the get go. If you can't see that that readily translates into wider fears then that's your failing.
Genuine question, not trying to argue... I'm smaller than average and would lose in a fight to most men and probably most women. Does that infer any special rights to me?

The reason for putting it this way is that size and strength are often given as the reason men and women are treated differently. But in cases where the man may be physically weaker it doesn't seem to work the other way around. So is different treatment really about strength?

Soldato
Women are not little children regardless of how many feminists claim they are. Your fantasy world in which all men are all powerful and all women are completely powerless is not reality.

"enforce that rejection physically"...and then be deemed guilty of assaulting a woman. Even assuming he could do so, since in reality it's quite difficult for one adult to forcibly restrain another adult.
The difference between you, dear clueless poster, and some other people is that they think that extreme sexism is a bad idea and that things should be applied in the same way for both sexes.

I didn't say all men are powerful or that all women are weak. The OP asked what the difference was and I explained the most important difference is power and control. Your conclusion has nothing to do with the rest of your rambling, particularly when one considers that I literally said that laws should be applied in the same way.

You are incredibly dense on this subject and think the sole reason abuse occurs is because one person is physically capable of overcoming another ...

It's literally your kind of inexcusably stupid statements that men are so often unable to come forward, because people like you tell them they can't be abused because obviously they can stop it at any time, also what you're saying buys into the victim mentality for women, they are all victims and can't fight back where men can't be victims because they can't be overpowered by women. Ignoring of course all the men who are abused physically or sexually by.... other men.

Who are you arguing with? I didn't claim some of the things you say I claimed, such as 'people like you tell them they can't be abused' or 'the sole reason abuse occurs is because one person is physically capable of overcoming another'.

I explained why it's different when men do it to women rather than the other way around but I wasn't speaking in absolute terms nor did I claim other situations can't/don't happen.

Soldato
Perhaps we will separate into two different groups living apart, male/female in fear of each other only to meet to exchange biological samples to procreate
Maybe we should adopt a culture that advocates segregation of the sexes to prevent carnal urges from getting out of control.

Maybe women could wear some less revealing clothing to stop the men from feeling a bit rapey. :D

Pretty sure that would fix the problem. :)

EDIT: Doesn't really cover same-sex issues but it's a start!

Last edited:
Soldato
Maybe we should adopt a culture that advocates segregation of the sexes to prevent carnal urges from getting out of control.

Maybe women could wear some less revealing clothing to stop the men from feeling a bit rapey.

Pretty sure that would fix the problem!

You have to wonder if it's not going that way or the agenda is that is what happens next....

Soldato
The problem with all of this is that it will make genuine men afraid to interact with woman on ANY level because of the question of interpretation.

Its the same with children. Although I am a father myself of two children, out in public I will refuse to interact with anyone else's children on the basis that we have been conditioned to be fearful of pedophilia.

Even if I see a stranger approach and interact with my children (and I am 99.9999% sure its completely innocent) I am more proactive in looking at exactly what is going on.

I am not saying that its ok for any man to sexually harass a woman and these guys need to be taken to task over it. With the snowballing effect we have now though and Sir Michael Fallon quitting as Defence Secretary over touching a knee, there is an unfortunate consequence to this.

Soldato
Even if I see a stranger approach and interact with my children (and I am 99.9999% sure its completely innocent) I am more proactive in looking at exactly what is going on.

I've had that myself I was using my large scale 1:6 RC car some kids come out, wowww that's cool. Start chatting to them about the car.
And the parent comes over and starts hovering around.

To say I felt sick was understatement.

Innocence has been lost.

Caporegime

Maybe women could wear some less revealing clothing to stop the men from feeling a bit rapey. :D

Pretty sure that would fix the problem. :)

EDIT: Doesn't really cover same-sex issues but it's a start!

We could turn it into a religion! Has anyone tried that?

Soldato
I've had that myself I was using my large scale 1:6 RC car some kids come out, wowww that's cool. Start chatting to them about the car.
And the parent comes over and starts hovering around.

To say I felt sick was understatement.

Innocence has been lost.

Agreed, its the one reason I dont risk it. I know my intentions, but another parent wont and assume the worst.

Every guy talking to a child that is not his own is a pedo right?

Its almost like we all need to strap a 24/7 GoPro to our heads to cover our backsides.

Soldato
Yeah when I've been messing around with my kite or paraglider in the park, kids tend to be interested and come over to find out what's going on. It makes me nervous that I look like some pied-piper type paedo.

Soldato
Yeah when I've been messing around with my kite or paraglider in the park, kids tend to be interested and come over to find out what's going on. It makes me nervous that I look like some pied-piper type paedo.

Yeah you might as well have had a van parked in the car park with 'Free Candy' written on the side of it as far as anyone is concerned.

Back
Top Bottom