#MeToo - is it just different for men and women?

Soldato
I can see why so many people seriously despise celebrity culture.
It's poisoning minds IMO. People who are famous just for being famous regarded as "influencers" are highly annoying.

Ban twitter and raise everyone's IQ by 10 points instantly. :p

Soldato
I can see why so many people seriously despise celebrity culture.

At this point I've kind of come to the conclusion that they're all *****, it's starting to damage my level of empathy which is a bit rubbish as a lot of people will be entirely innocent of wrong doing and yet will have been through hell due to people like Harvey. Unfortunately there seems to be a core of out of touch Machiavellian sociopaths who are keen to jump on the #metoo bandwagon despite clearly being part of the problem.

Soldato
You just have to look at the list of names of people that supported Roman Polanski, to realise how messed up the whole thing is. So many so called respected people backing a man who drugged and abused a 13 year old girl.

Edit: Asia Argento is on the list btw!

Soldato
You just have to look at the list of names of people that supported Roman Polanski, to realise how messed up the whole thing is. So many so called respected people backing a man who drugged and abused a 13 year old girl.

Edit: Asia Argento is on the list btw!

Weinstein and Woody Allen too. The general consensus in Hollywood seems to be "let's get the ones we don't like."

Soldato
Who says the #metoo crowd are not always entirely pure in their motives and timing re speaking out....

Lilly Allen, who coincidentally has a book and album coming out had the following to say recently...

In a frank interview with Guardian Weekend magazine, the Brit Award winner warns that, even in the wake of the #MeToomovement, industry insiders remain silent about the scale of the problem.

Describing a hierarchical world that “allows and sometimes even endorses toxic behaviour by men towards women”

Whoa whoa Allen... Now few I suspect will argue that men are not the majority of offenders here.... But let's not forget that plenty of teachers and celebs (Like Asia Argento) have been accused and or been convicted of abusing their hiercahal power when then have had sex with underage men/ boys......

Allen details an industry which trades in “a potent mix of sex, youth and availability” in her memoir My Thoughts Exactly, published later this month.

The 33-year-old, who has previously discussed in general terms an incident where a powerful industry figure abused her, recounts the details of her experience with a record industry executive who assaulted her after she had fallen asleep in his hotel bed. She says the man – whom she wanted to name in the book but did not after legal advice from her publisher – settled her in his own hotel room after she had got “smashed” at a party, and left her to sleep it off. Then, Allen alleges, “I woke up at 5am because I could feel someone next to me pressing their naked body against my back. I was naked, too. I could feel someone trying to put their penis inside my vagina and slapping my arse as if I were a stripper in a club. I moved away as quickly as possible and jumped out of the bed, full of alarm … I found my clothes quickly … and ran out of his room and into my own.”

Soldato
So will Doctor Who (I assume they gave job to Carrie Gracie) be wearing pink ? ,
the trailers indicate it will be newly copyrighted dulux feminist pink (not that nice shade Lady Penelope had), not sure whether it was cast on the ascendence of #metoo, or bbc had a premonition, but it will re-enforce current polarisation, and support future BBC equal pay demands.
Will be interesting to see the male/female viewing demographics.

On the other hand Barbara Broccoli/daughter apparently said this week, James Bond will never be female, not without a Deed Poll

[ I thought there was a sad irony to the #metoo brand this week with another women dieing following BBL surgery, aspiring to zeitgeist of #metoo protagonist (OJ) Kardachian ... all at the feet of social media ? ]

Soldato
dont think he was sexist but i dont like his umpiring. I have always thought (more so recent years) that Carlos Ramos is too robotic in his umpiring and often sticking directly to the rule book takes something away from the match. For example he has a habit of giving slow play warnings at crucial points of matches when the server is under stress/already wound up or has lost consecutive points, even when it doesn't seem to be effecting momentum of the game or bothering the opposing player.

Sorry, if he's sticking to the rule book, it's the offending players you should be directing you dislike towards. They are the ones breaking the rules and ruining the game.

Soldato
The original der spiegel investigation from 2017 on Ronaldo , interesting reading, about the 2009 events,
it sounds an extensive procedure for the defendant to have put herself through had it not been true.

Whether this was disclosed to the likes of Nike when sponsorship was established, it seems hard to believe it was not, but equally if it was, then Nike must have considered it a false allegation, similar to those related to other celebrities ?
(did Lance Amstrongs disgrace really bring oakley/trek into disgrace though ? celebrity brand endorsemnent is pretty temporal)
With the settlement now broken she is obliged to repay the 2009 (weeks pay) he had made.

Soldato
#metoo / the american voter, should nail trump up for his comment about Nikki Haley,
I was surprised the press did not react, and comment was not even on the cnn report

Asked about Haley’s successor, Trump said there were “a number of people that would very much like to do it”, saying that Haley had made it “a more glamorous position”.

I guess the fact he has no filter between his brain and mouth is nothing new.
It would be good to see him cede an election to her.

Man of Honour
#metoo / the american voter, should nail trump up for his comment about Nikki Haley,
I was surprised the press did not react, and comment was not even on the cnn report

I guess the fact he has no filter between his brain and mouth is nothing new.
It would be good to see him cede an election to her.

That's some desperate over-reaching there!

Is Trump really such a decent and competent person that you can't find anything even vaguely plausibly bad to say about him? Probably not.

Is the metoo witch hunt so extreme that it leaves no depth unplumbed in its endless quest to trivialise sexual harassment in order to weaponise it? Well, yes, it is. But not in this particular case, at least not yet. You may be the vanguard in plumbing a new depth.

You're arguing that a politician should be crucified for praising an ambassador for making that ambassadorship a more glamorous position. An ambassadorship. Which is a glamorous position, especially when it's being an ambassador to a favoured and/or powerful organisation.

The connection between ambassadors and glamour is so widespread that it was used for an international set of adverts for a chocolate the makers were trying to position as, wait for it, glamorous.

Soldato
That's some desperate over-reaching there!

If you believe Trump is in control of what comes out of his mouth, then the remark trivialises/demeans the position she has held,
(as ever), he was unable to come up with specific details about her contribution, and this fell out of his mouth,
those words were immediately what caught me when I heard the speech.

saying that heard Penny Mordant this evening being evasive about checkers support, and I thought, did May feel obliged to promote her to fulfill a femail minister quota.

Back
Top Bottom