Michael Schumacher 'Hurt In Skiing Accident'

Soldato
Looks lime he's going to cheat death like he cheated Damon Hill.

seriously?! schumi stuck with that carpy ferrari for years before winning multiple races, how many deals he turned down for a faster car i din't know but many i'd bet. hill being with tyrell? for a few years and just starting to get that car "right" (hungary 2nd i think) just like alesi, as soon as a faster deal turned up he left for williams? easily the fastest car in that era. he was the better driver
in a slower car and rightly stitched hill up, imho :)

Caporegime
seriously?! schumi stuck with that carpy ferrari for years before winning multiple races, how many deals he turned down for a faster car i din't know but many i'd bet. hill being with tyrell? for a few years and just starting to get that car "right" (hungary 2nd i think) just like alesi, as soon as a faster deal turned up he left for williams? easily the fastest car in that era. he was the better driver
in a slower car and rightly stitched hill up, imho :)

1st Schumacher never stuck with any crappy Ferrari. He was winning multiple races in his first year at Ferrari.
2nd Schumacher lost the title in the final race of the season in his second season at Ferrari and the only reason it took him until his 5th season to win a championship was because he broke his leg and adrian newey designed an incredible mclaren due to the major rule changes in 1998.
3rd Damon never drove for tyrell and that second came in a Arrows after he left Williams in 1997 not before. Hill was also a Williams test driver from the beginning of his F1 Career so never sold out to anyone.
4th Schumacher couldn't have turned down many deals for a faster car as for 90% of his first stint he was in the fastest car.

Schumacher was my generation of racing driver and loved every minute watching him race even when he was dominating. Hope he pulls through.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I know bugger all about cars going round and round a racetrack and know nothing of Shumacher except he was good at going round and round.
Can somebody tell me why he is so hated by many people?
Is it a Man Utd type hate because of success?

Caporegime
I know bugger all about cars going round and round a racetrack and know nothing of Shumacher except he was good at going round and round.

Yeah, and he was pretty ruthless too. Pulled quite a few dick moves to ensure he was number 1.

Soldato

Partly. The dominance of Schumacher and Ferrari did get a lot of people wound up at the time, but it's also his ruthless on-track personality; collisions with competitors (particularly the one with Hill in '94 that secured Schumacher the championship) and running them off-track etc.

Mind you, a lot of the people that hate him for those things are totally fine with Senna deliberately running into Prost at Suzuka. :p

Soldato
Hey, he was a pain in the backside when driving for Ferrari, but at the end of the day it was what he was there to do.
But at the end of the day I wouldn't wish this on anybody.
I hope he makes a full recovery.

+1

He single handily made F1 very dull for a few years and almost killed the sport for me because he was too good and no one could even remotely get a look in. Oh, he won again for the billionth time, woopy do! So by the time he retired I didn't like him at all.

But of course like Slam says I wouldn't wish this on anybody

Man of Honour
Yeah, and he was pretty ruthless too. Pulled quite a few dick moves to ensure he was number 1.

Partly. The dominance of Schumacher and Ferrari did get a lot of people wound up at the time, but it's also his ruthless on-track personality; collisions with competitors (particularly the one with Hill in '94 that secured Schumacher the championship) and running them off-track etc.

Mind you, a lot of the people that hate him for those things are totally fine with Senna deliberately running into Prost at Suzuka. :p

But were those moves legal?
If they were illegal then surely it would have ruled against him?

V F

V F

Soldato
Just brings back memories watching him race in his early days, used to go over to my uncles house to watch the F1, then afterwards go up in to the attack where he has this huge scalextric track, and I mean properly done out as he used to race at clubs, had the mintest set of F1 cars.

You can't think f1 without thinking of his name

This is true.

Caporegime

Not always. He used them in situations where the penalty he faced would be less severe than the other person winning. The one that always ground my gears was the deliberate crash with hill. Schumacher was in the lead in the drivers championship but only just. It was only down to him and hill. Nobody could catch them. Thus he prevented hill winning by driving over his suspension struts and basically writing off hills car. Didn't matter that Schumacher wrote his off too because hill was the only other driver in for the title.

Permabanned
It was bizarre that he didn't get disqualified in '94. When he pulled a near enough carbon copy manoeuvre on Villeneuve in Jerez in '97 (but screwed it up) he was disqualified from the World Drivers Championship.

Permabanned
Not always. He used them in situations where the penalty he faced would be less severe than the other person winning. The one that always ground my gears was the deliberate crash with hill. Schumacher was in the lead in the drivers championship but only just. It was only down to him and hill. Nobody could catch them. Thus he prevented hill winning by driving over his suspension struts and basically writing off hills car. Didn't matter that Schumacher wrote his off too because hill was the only other driver in for the title.

Senna did the same tactics but to be fair it was "allowed" in F1 at that time as the rules were pretty slack iirc.

Caporegime
It was bizarre that he didn't get disqualified in '94. When he pulled a near enough carbon copy manoeuvre on Villeneuve in Jerez in '97 (but screwed it up) he was disqualified from the World Drivers Championship.

I think the reason in 94 was that basically it made no difference if they disqualified him or not. Nobody else (except Hill who was forced to retire from the race as a result of his actions) could win the title.

V F

V F

Soldato

That was brutal.

Back
Top Bottom