Michael Schumacher 'Hurt In Skiing Accident'

Permabanned
Senna did the same tactics but to be fair it was "allowed" in F1 at that time as the rules were pretty slack iirc.
Depends on how you view it. Senna had been DSQ'd from the WDC the previous year for driving through an escape route and thus not completing race distance despite the fact that this was then (and continues to be) common practice when drivers outbrake themselves or lock up.

The problem comparing Schumi to Senna is that Senna has the benefit of having been martyred by his death and romanticised by the film about him a couple of years ago, imo.

I think the reason in 94 was that basically it made no difference if they disqualified him or not. Nobody else (except Hill who was forced to retire from the race as a result of his actions) could win the title.
Well if they had disqualified him from the WDC, Hill would've been champion, as happened in '97 with Villeneuve. As above, such a penalty would not have been without precedent.

Caporegime
Well if they had disqualified him from the WDC, Hill would've been champion, as happened in '97 with Villeneuve. As above, such a penalty would not have been without precedent.

I don't think they had the power to be able to in '94. Sure the ability only came about afterwards. I might be wrong on that but it was the impression I had.

VFs video shows it perfectly though. I was watching the race live and still remember the look on Hills face. Such seething anger.

Soldato
Not always. He used them in situations where the penalty he faced would be less severe than the other person winning. The one that always ground my gears was the deliberate crash with hill. Schumacher was in the lead in the drivers championship but only just. It was only down to him and hill. Nobody could catch them. Thus he prevented hill winning by driving over his suspension struts and basically writing off hills car. Didn't matter that Schumacher wrote his off too because hill was the only other driver in for the title.

As a starry-eyed young man I loved watching F1. The above incident was the main reason that I stopped watching it and never have since. The way he cheated so obviously and got away with it was bizarre and disgusting.

Permabanned
I don't think they had the power to be able to in '94. Sure the ability only came about afterwards. I might be wrong on that but it was the impression I had.

VFs video shows it perfectly though. I was watching the race live and still remember the look on Hills face. Such seething anger.
Ahh, fair enough. I thought Senna was DSQ'd from the '89 WDC, but remembered wrongly!

Soldato
The problem comparing Schumi to Senna is that Senna has the benefit of having been martyred by his death and romanticised by the film about him a couple of years ago, imo.

I like a lot of your posts but this time you have gone full retard and you never go full retard. Was you even born then or was you a baby?

Permabanned
I like a lot of your posts but this time you have gone full retard and you never go full retard. Was you even born then or was you a baby?
LOL. Maybe I didn't come across as intended, what was it in particular that strikes you as being full retard? (I'm not trying to be inflammatory btw, Senna is one of my favourite drivers of all time)

Soldato
I know bugger all about cars going round and round a racetrack and know nothing of Shumacher except he was good at going round and round.
Can somebody tell me why he is so hated by many people?
Is it a Man Utd type hate because of success?
But were those moves legal?
If they were illegal then surely it would have ruled against him?
Trolls everywhere take note - this is how it's done.

Soldato
LOL. Maybe I didn't come across as intended, what was it in particular that strikes you as being full retard? (I'm not trying to be inflammatory btw, Senna is one of my favourite drivers of all time)

Lets keep it on topic :)

Yes I did ask him to delete the post but oh hum.

V F

V F

Soldato
It's easy, just unsubscribe from this sack of **** and subscribe to the motorsport thread where the discussion is more appropriate and less retarded.

All because of one comment? You sound deeply offended. Is this what you say to people in person if you don't like what they say?

Man of Honour

Lets keep it on topic :)
Yes I did ask him to delete the post but oh hum.

What a pair of pillocks.
I know nothing of F1, never watched it but I know Shumacher is very good at it.
Explain your yourselves please.

If the Mods think I'm trolling then they can delete it but I assure you I'm not.
Now why don't you both grow up and explain.

Man of Honour
What a pair of pillocks.
I know nothing of F1, never watched it but I know Shumacher is very good at it.
Explain your yourselves please.

If the Mods think I'm trolling then they can delete it but I assure you I'm not.
Now why don't you both grow up and explain.

Probably not off to a good start by saying 'I know bugger all about cars going round and round'. I wouldn't go into a footy thread about someone I don't know or really care about saying 'I know bugger all about men running up and down a field'.

Man of Honour
Probably not off to a good start by saying 'I know bugger all about cars going round and round'. I wouldn't go into a footy thread about someone I don't know or really care about saying 'I know bugger all about men running up and down a field'.

but if you wanted to know why eg Suarez is hated, then it would be a good starting place to ask from.
It seems that as a bloke I should know about motor sports but I don't care about them but I care about a individual fighting for their life and I just want to know why some people don't care about this individual.

I wish I never asked.

Man of Honour
Back
Top Bottom