Middle Earth: Shadow of War

Soldato
Not got the game, refuse to support WB practices in this game.

Just I've been watching some videos and then seeing the images above and graphically it looks worse than the first one to me, also seen people say the animation seems worse than the first (probably due to more enemies being on the scene)

Agreed. First game yes combat was enjoyable but it was a massive grind....story bit crap as well. From what ive seen from reviews and videos...the graphics actually look worse....like they didnt even touch the combat system or anything...just made a few more maps with "content" to grind in. Looks like the main work went into the nemesis stuff and the orcs.

Soldato
Not got the game, refuse to support WB practices in this game.

Just I've been watching some videos and then seeing the images above and graphically it looks worse than the first one to me, also seen people say the animation seems worse than the first (probably due to more enemies being on the scene)

This is surely confirmation bias? Why are you watching videos of a game you have vowed not to buy?

Soldato
Sweet betrayed me! I liked him as well :(

Also anyone had a champion adapt during battle? Was facing a toughy and my tactic of stunning him to take him out stopped working when he adapted and became resistant to it! Cheeky bugger.

Soldato
Haha one of my captains only says 'sweet' quite funny when he kills another captain and keeps repeating sweet sweet sweet :D
I have 3 mental captains.
The first just shouts "I don't know" over and over, The second just screams and I mean he literally just going "AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" and the 3rd keeps prattling on about something squeaking and 2 tiny eyes in the tea pot staring at him

Agreed. First game yes combat was enjoyable but it was a massive grind....story bit crap as well. From what ive seen from reviews and videos...the graphics actually look worse....like they didnt even touch the combat system or anything...just made a few more maps with "content" to grind in. Looks like the main work went into the nemesis stuff and the orcs.

It looks a lot better graphically although there are a few glitches here and there such as a hammer appearing outside of your hand when you clock someone with it. With regards to the combat, it is tighter and more refined with quite a few more abiltiies than the first and with new enemy types, Abilities and affixes to have to deal with.

Sweet betrayed me! I liked him as well :(

Also anyone had a champion adapt during battle? Was facing a toughy and my tactic of stunning him to take him out stopped working when he adapted and became resistant to it! Cheeky bugger.

Yeah It can be quite frustrating. Some people have complained that this has essentially broken the game for them as they have a permanently enraged captain who is immune to vaulting, Attacks from the front, Stealth and combat executions as he has adapted. Yeah good luck killing him

Soldato
I have 3 mental captains.
The first just shouts "I don't know" over and over, The second just screams and I mean he literally just going "AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" and the 3rd keeps prattling on about something squeaking and 2 tiny eyes in the tea pot staring at him

It looks a lot better graphically although there are a few glitches here and there such as a hammer appearing outside of your hand when you clock someone with it. With regards to the combat, it is tighter and more refined with quite a few more abiltiies than the first and with new enemy types, Abilities and affixes to have to deal with.

Yeah It can be quite frustrating. Some people have complained that this has essentially broken the game for them as they have a permanently enraged captain who is immune to vaulting, Attacks from the front, Stealth and combat executions as he has adapted. Yeah good luck killing him

Haha sweet was my only nutjob shame i had to kill him.

In a way i dont mind it, adds an additional layer of challenge means you might have to run and fight another day and stick to exploiting weaknesses. Tbh it doesnt happen frequently enough to bother me. 1 out of 15 captains so far.

Caporegime
Those of you with the 4k cinematics pack installed....are your shelob memories clips working correctly? The memories start to play bit then the audio clicks and they just send you straight back in to the game as if the clip had played through on mine.
I'm getting the same, and many on the steam forums are too. Clearly a bug. Sometimes if you go into your menu and replay them they work.

V F

V F

Soldato
Is drain and brand a standard power in this game?

Not a single one has popped up. I get the last chance animation, and no indication of how to achieve it.

Hmm, even ordinary? Sometimes I’ve had no last chance but a guy in black armour came in and saved me.

Associate
Bought this today from Steam, game looks great and the texture pack and cutscene pack looks nice. My issue and only issue is the lack of SLI support, until that is added I have refunded. Not bothered about any of the other complaints such as microtransactions etc, none of that affects me and I would never use them. I had a smooth gameplay in the 2 hours I played, the 4k cutscenes played flawlessley and the fps was very good, just refunded because of the 1 thing and that is no SLI support.

Associate
Just realised I hadn't updated to the newer driver, so now I am reinstalling all 110gb arghhhh to try again haha, and cancelled my refund for now. Should I expect SLI to actually work once I have it installed?

Soldato
A few questions, I never really played the original, trying to get into this one.

I've killed quite a few "boss" Orcs now but only 3/4 lay dead on the menu screen which shows them all, are they spawning or something?

Is it best to clear an area like the first section before moving onto the next one?

I've seen on the trailer after defeating these "bosses" you can recruit them, I don't have the option to do this?

Is there any point in killing all the "bosses"?

Soldato
A few questions, I never really played the original, trying to get into this one.

I've killed quite a few "boss" Orcs now but only 3/4 lay dead on the menu screen which shows them all, are they spawning or something?

Is it best to clear an area like the first section before moving onto the next one?

I've seen on the trailer after defeating these "bosses" you can recruit them, I don't have the option to do this?

Is there any point in killing all the "bosses"?

1. As time advances other orcs will replace them.
2. Not necessary especially if you have your own followers
3. You need to dominate them, the option unlocks as you proceed through the story if you don't have it then you need to play more story missions.
4. Well yes/no, you'll need powerful captains/warchiefs to put towards protecting your own fortress or assaulting others. Killing bodyguards of the warchiefs helps make them an 'easier' kill.

Associate
For anyone who was wondering, with the latest Nvidia drivers SLI works perfectly on Shadow or War, the performance at 1440p with my cards is amazing on max settings. The game though feels no different than the first, I just feel like I am playing the same game over again. The 4k cinematics are nice and work great and the texture pack is an improvement. I would say if you have played the first game then you should get this, but maybe only on sale or cheap from keysites. I just feel like I overpaid for this game on Steam and although the game is really great, it is exactly the same as the first.

Caporegime
For anyone who was wondering, with the latest Nvidia drivers SLI works perfectly on Shadow or War, the performance at 1440p with my cards is amazing on max settings. The game though feels no different than the first, I just feel like I am playing the same game over again. The 4k cinematics are nice and work great and the texture pack is an improvement. I would say if you have played the first game then you should get this, but maybe only on sale or cheap from keysites. I just feel like I overpaid for this game on Steam and although the game is really great, it is exactly the same as the first.
I'm enjoying it, but there's so much here that has been done in the first game already, but as a sequel it's strange having to re-learn all these abilities. I've also noticed the herb and flower collecting has been dropped.

Back
Top Bottom