Middle Earth: Shadow of War

Associate
I have just refunded it guys, as much as I do like it and now SLI is working great and the game performance is fantastic, I just can't get past it being exactly the same, like seriously I played it and all I felt was boredom and repetitiveness. I mean, if you have never played the first one then this would be a great game, but if you have only played the first one quite recently like I have, I would honestly avoid this or wait for it to be dirt cheap.

V F

V F

Soldato
I'm enjoying it, but there's so much here that has been done in the first game already, but as a sequel it's strange having to re-learn all these abilities. I've also noticed the herb and flower collecting has been dropped.

Yeah I noticed you can poison the grog. Though the AI was stupid. I stayed in a bush 10ft away for 5 minutes and watched each group drink it including lastly, a captain. Even after the ones who hadn’t taken any watch the others die. They came over for more. Would have been nice if they adapted to that, kicked and smashed over the grog.

Drain and brand seems to be standard for restoring health? Some nasty captains who can dodge and roll as well.

Caporegime
Yeah I noticed you can poison the grog. Though the AI was stupid. I stayed in a bush 10ft away for 5 minutes and watched each group drink it including lastly, a captain. Even after the ones who hadn’t taken any watch the others die. They came over for more. Would have been nice if they adapted to that, kicked and smashed over the grog.

Drain and brand seems to be standard for restoring health? Some nasty captains who can dodge and roll as well.
Grog poisoning was also in the first one.

Caporegime
Some of these captains are right pains in the backside to take down!
On the plus side I think my nemesis has stayed dead after I cut both his arms and legs off for the 3rd time.

V F

V F

Soldato
Some of these captains are right pains in the backside to take down!
On the plus side I think my nemesis has stayed dead after I cut both his arms and legs off for the 3rd time.

:D

I quite like it. Though I’m running into 2 - 3 at a time.

Soldato
So today I've been mostly avenging dead players ! Had some great fights and the missions are varied enough plus the benefits are great as you get tons of XP and a gold loot crate + Blue equipment ! :D !

V F

V F

Soldato
So today I've been mostly avenging dead players ! Had some great fights and the missions are varied enough plus the benefits are great as you get tons of XP and a gold loot crate + Blue equipment ! :D !

Anyone you recognise? Coming from your friends list or worldwide for the game...

Associate
Never really played Shadow of Mordor, got bored very quickly. This however, I'm loving so far. Only about 5 hrs in (don't get a lot of play time) and not bored yet. Can't say how long that will last though :)

The controls are s bit awkward, mainly the climbing, not going where I intend. And the mouse feels like it's in a bowl of porridge. But I've sort of gotten used to that.

Caporegime
Do I have to play the first game first? I have it in my steam collection but never played it (cost like £2)
No, but some of the story may not make much sense. If you haven't bought this one yet then I wouldn't bother until you've played the first then decide if you want more.

V F

V F

Soldato
Ouch, did anyone have an orc captain lift you up and break your back similar to The Dark Knight Rises style?

Soldato
Just had to fight a legendary tracker orc, who was impenetrable to arrows, had vault breaker, and had a pack of the spear throwing orcs with them. And he kept putting little traps on the floor. Man that was frustrating.

Sometimes the game can be a bit too easy, sometimes it throws the most over powered captains in there to really test you. Didn't help that i hadn't killed his bodyguard so had to deal with a poisoning berserker guy at the same time though. Ended up winning through a combination of climbing buildings and beating the crap out of them bit by bit over a very drawn out battle. Even managed to steal his bodyguard as a captain for my army :D

V F

V F

Soldato
The sniffer orcs are crazy. Up on the roofs and can hear them sniff me out. Nearly every small area I run into these sniffers and multiple captains. I seem to have unlocked the second section (Knife in the Dark) but cannot access it. No idea what I’m missing to progress except the wraith stuff. :s

Back
Top Bottom