Middle Earth: Shadow of War

Permabanned
Some of the Orc "bants" is actually quite charming.

It may of been Vice that wrote a ********* piece on why they had to stop playing as the slavery of a bunch of made up fantasy creatures just didnt sit right with them. Sigh.

Permabanned
Can someone tell me why a word was censored in my above post? It was not remotely offensive in any way? I'm genuinely confused as I would have starred it out myself had I known it's now deemed so.

Last edited:
Soldato
I tracked Horza through the forests of Núrn and found him near a cliff muttering to himself: "When is my rest?," he repeated in different intonations. He begged, he pleaded, he wondered aloud to himself. I pulled him close to me, dominated his weakened mind, put him in my orc stable, and immediately shut down the game...

...I haven't played it since. I can't get Horza the Dead off my mind.

Science fiction has been warning us for years that our treatment of robots and artificial intelligence can and will backfire on us. I think about that every time an orc I've wounded or humiliated crests a hill, stares me down, and threatens my life

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/moth...h-shadow-of-war-orc-slavery-lord-of-the-rings

I take it this fella doesn't fire flames from his hands in Skyrim in case he accidently catches a stray bunny rabbit in his path. :p

Caporegime
Can someone tell me why a word was censored in my above post? It was not remotely offensive in any way? I'm genuinely confused as I would have starred it out myself had I known it's now deemed so.

Wouldn't worry. The filter is highly inconsistent on here. Those lovely birds that share a name with women's jubblies...can't say that. But can say nork. Or bazonkas.

V F

V F

Soldato
Who was the orc people faced during the arena fight? Did he have blades on both arms with fire blasts?

Mine was level 16, now 17. He grabs you slams you down to near death.

I got to this mission as a level 9. My sword a common level 8. The final boss was a level 19 shield user. Immune to arrows, stealth, fire and poison. Only fear is graugs (useless).

Over an hour fighting in nemesis difficulty and he hit half health. No beasts left. No grog barrels left. Valuting no longer working. Ice storm no longer working...

I gave up and switched to normal. Still a half hour fight.

Anyone else have a near impossible mission here?

Last edited:
Soldato
Who was the orc people faced during the arena fight? Did he have blades on both arms with fire blasts?

Its different for each person and if you used nemesis forge from SOM the final one is your nemesis.

Caporegime
Have to say I'm loving Bruz! He makes me laugh.

Don't forget to combine your gems and deconstruct everything for Mirian. And buy your gem slots for your weapons. I'd have loved a bit more variation in the gem abilities though.

V F

V F

Soldato
Its different for each person and if you used nemesis forge from SOM the final one is your nemesis.

Hmm, I did but all my orcs and Warchiefs from Shadow of Mordor were branded.

Have to say I'm loving Bruz! He makes me laugh.

Don't forget to combine your gems and deconstruct everything for Mirian. And buy your gem slots for your weapons. I'd have loved a bit more variation in the gem abilities though.

I was glad I farmed a lot of Mirian as I was able to unlock them all and forge a lot of stuff. These used to be runes.

Caporegime

I was around Level 13 and my last one was a level 14-15 captain, but he was immune to arrows, had the 'No chance' thing so when I failed he killed me straight away and couldn't be attacked from the front.

It wasn't particularly easy.

V F

V F

Soldato
I was around Level 13 and my last one was a level 14-15 captain, but he was immune to arrows, had the 'No chance' thing so when I failed he killed me straight away and couldn't be attacked from the front.

This guy was a pain in the ass last night when I tried. I’m going to have to do more levelling up as I’m currently level 10. He adapts very quickly during fights. I don’t want to die anymore to him as I ran out of arrows in the arena. He’s difficult as it is. I don’t need to add more pain to face him.

The weird thing was the level 18 Warchief was easier with more health than this level 16 now 17 captain. This captain runs fast, swipes you with his claws, get too close and he’ll grab you pick you up slams you to the ground then rips into you. If not other times he grabs you then headbutts you, usually half health is gone. You can be full health then near death in 3 seconds once he gets hold of you as you then have no control. You’re then near death that sometimes you can escape... He also creates huge fire explosions. Even set off 4 caragors that didn’t seem to be of any help or damage.

Still, it is fun learning new tactics but what is so irritating on the Nemesis setting, so many captains appear from everywhere. :D
There is a big giant orc troll captain thingy fully armoured that is level 21 with an epic reward. That guy is nuts. :eek:

Though the mounted caragors with orcs fights were awesome. Love throwing them then swiping the rider. Had some nice fights with them on the roofs. I used to hate the caragors in the first game.

The music for this is great. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I dominated the overlord at my second fort and realised that I should have just killed him and got myself 500 Gold from the challenge,
The only loot boxes ive opened are the ones from Online vendettas and thats mainly been trash that you insta crush for coin. So far the loot boxes aren't relevant at all.

I am going to have to start killing some captains though cause dominating them all is bad for loot.

The legendary gear level up challenges are very specific Kill a level 40 captain from the so and so tribe while above so much health, on the 3rd Tuesday of the month and the wind blowing from the east. its annoying and because you have to have the item equipped when the chance does arrive you forget it and stealth kill him with a green dagger that is 5 levels higher.

Soldato
Question,
Are siege defences worth buying?, I dropped quite abit into mine was sat on 30k at the time, place still got whipped by a xbox live friend who said it was easy. Maybe it just too low level.
Which things are worth buying and which arent, for both attack and defend.

Associate
Question,
Are siege defences worth buying?, I dropped quite abit into mine was sat on 30k at the time, place still got whipped by a xbox live friend who said it was easy. Maybe it just too low level.
Which things are worth buying and which arent, for both attack and defend.

They are, there's a couple I tend to avoid since they're just giving free offence to an attacker (siege machines are a big no-no since they can be broken in two arrows and turned, drakes are 50/50 if the attacker has the skills to turn a drake you just gave them a huge advantage so I tend to avoid slotting that as well) but they're really just there to slow your assault force down, the real power is your warchiefs and their bodyguards. Don't just dominate random uruks, stick them in a warchief spot and call it a day, you need to pick some lethal ones.

V F

V F

Soldato

Tried a second go at it.

Back
Top Bottom